The werewolf forum game

Here, you can post other posting games.

The werewolf forum game

Postby Evil Eye » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:12 pm

It started off as a card game, and eventually made its way onto forum boards as a full game. I thought I'd introduce it here, it's fun to play, but takes more than just posting fights...

The Game:
There are two periods in the game: Night and Day. During the night, the people chosen by the mayor (me) to be werewolves PM each other and agree on who they will maul. During the day, the mayor will post who the werewolves have mauled. The people will then try to find out who the werewolves are. The werewolves will try to throw the people off by accusing innocent players. The werewolves may also accuse other werewolves to blend in with the "town". The way people vote on who they think the werewolf is is by posting Final Vote: (Whoever they think the werewolf is). You may NOT edit your final vote. When night starts again, whoever has the most votes will be lynched.

RULES:
1. After you are lynched or mauled, you may not discuss the game. If you do, you will be unable to play in any future rounds.
2. The wolves cannot openly state that they are werewolves. This is suicide, and ruins the fun.
3. People may not edit their final vote. If they do, their vote will not count.
4. If you are lynched or mauled you may not vote.
5. You cannot PM each other if you are not a werewolf, unless I add a new role allowing this.

The day usually lasts for about 6 hours. The night takes about 30 minutes. For the first game, I will change the day time to 8 hours, and the night to 45 minutes. The first day starts the moment I post something along the lines of "The Game has begun".

We need at least 6 people to sign up before we can start, though the more people, the more fun it is...

EDIT: I'm thinking I could amend a rule here, and make it so that night would end as soon as the werewolves PM me their kill, if you guys would rather that...
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:20 pm

Sounds like a game on my other forum called Curse of Ne-Gok-Sa.......
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:53 pm

It sounds a lot like the Cry Wolf game...people divided into sheep and wolves, with only the wolves knowing for sure who the other wolves are. The game was directed by a computer-automated character called the Shepherd. During the day, the "sheep" would try and isolate who the "wolves" were, and at night the "wolves" would choose one person to kill while the "sheep" were sleeping. the "sheep" would or wouldn't get dreams on who they could trust or who they couldn't. When the night had ended (I think it was only about two or three minutes...), the Shepherd would announce who had been killed and people would announce whether they'd dreamed or not, and what they'd dreamed. The game would continue until all the "sheep" players were killed, or all of the "wolf" players discovered. There was a round where two people who were highest in suspicion would be put on a chopping block, so to speak, and the remaining voted on who they thought was a "wolf". The one with the most votes against them when the timer ran out was stripped of the chance to cast suspicion on other players (as were people who had been killed.)

Ahh...fond memories. XD
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:08 pm

That's what CoN is actually based on, HF..... you are quite good. :twisted:
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:14 pm

Thanks. lol, the only reason I caught the similarities is I was addicted to the game for a while...
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Evil Eye » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:37 pm

Yeah that sounds pretty close. If we could get enough people, we could play right now...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:34 am

Reminds me of the Werewolf Warcraft 3 map...

Count me in.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:39 am

Me too. This sounds pretty cool.......

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Iceking » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:51 am

This sounds interesting. I'll join.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:08 am

Alright. 3 more people and we're good to go. Thanks guys.

-TT
-G4E
-IK
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:39 pm

One question:

Do we get to rant about Pitchforks and flaming torches when it comes to lynch mobbing someone?

(I would like to join, but am afraid I'd bog things down because of limited time, so I'll stay out for now)
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:43 pm

There will be stuff about torches and pitchforks indeed, heh. And whatever works for you, though I think it'd be fine for the most part, I can always extend the day and night periods, it would just increase teh suspensz0rz!
=o

Another option... you could be backup mayor for now Doc, if you'd like. Basically it's just in case Im not here for a day or something
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Doc 42 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:36 pm

Nah, I'm fine.

Sure whatever, count me in. but feel free to kick me out if things get slooooowed down.

For a forum like this, I'd say you'd need much longer days/nights during the week.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:49 pm

Lol I couldnt kick someone out in good conscience :razz:

Yeah, hell, maybe I can make each period 3 or 4 days.

-IK
-TT
-G4E
-Doc
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Return to Random Fun