Pokemon Rating

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Pokemon Rating

Postby Giratina93 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:56 pm

Welcome to the new Pokemon Rating thread! Here, many of the current 493 Pokemon will be ratred, some by me, others by diffrent members of the Site. Now, while Smogon rates Pokemon by how well they do in the Metagame, Here Pokemon will be rated by how they do ingame. Once a Pokemon has been rated, others can either rate how well the rater did, or do their own ratings.

TO start off shall be the great Sky Dragon, the Pokemon that's the master of the weather trio, Rayquaza!
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/384.shtml

Now let me jus tsay this; Rayquaza is a truly awsome Legendary Pokemon. Great stats, nice wide movepool, great ability, and classic typing. This is the penultimate Dragon-type Pokemon, only competed by Palkia and Garchomp. While Stealth Rocks will take a dent out of it's health, that won't stop this titan as it sweeps asdie your own team...

Special Rayquaza (Modest/Naghty)
Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
Surf
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower

THis set for the powerful beast allows it to cover almost all ingame threats, and has almost no weaknesses. The combination of Dragon/Water leaves almsot every single Pokemon getting hit by it atlast neutrally, bar Empoleon and Shedinja, which are covered with Thunderbolt and flamethrower

Mixquaza (Adamant)
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Draco Meteor

While this doesn't have the coverage of the last set, this set takes advantage of Rayqaza's amazing physical offensive powers. Ddance boosts Rayquaza's decent speed to new heights, allowing it to outrun Garchomp and others. Outrage does massive damage, and Earthquake pounds almost everything else into submission. In case a physical wall like Skarmory or Steelix comes in, switch to Draco Meteor to take it out.

Counters

Ingame, almost nothing can counter Rayquaza. Certain Cloysters can survive an Outrage and fire back wth Ice Beam, but will have to watch uot for Draco Meteor or Thunderbolt. Garchomp can scare it away, but willprobably not like getting hit by an outrage or two.

Last thoughts.

For a Pokemon that has remained almost unaltered sicne it's debuit 6 years ago, Rayquaza remains a powerful force in the Ubers Metagame. Ingame, getting one early can help out against Juan's gym and the ELite 4 ncase your having trouble. Jstu watch out for those ice moves, and you'll be seeinig Rayquaza sweeping aside just about everything.

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:10 pm

Sweet. Here's my rating for Groudon:

Groudon is simply a powerhouse. What he lacks in special attack power (which is devastating even in its weakest form) he makes up with in sheer brute force. He has some versitility, able to use earth and fire attacks, but lacks a good defense against special moves.

My rating: 4.5/5
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Iceking » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:17 pm

My rating for Charizard:

Charizard is a very reliable fire type to use because it has a diverse move pool with the ability to learn not only dragon moves, but ground type moves like earthquake as well. Though it doesn't have the best defense for a fire type, it certainly has good speed and attack power when levelled up. Combine this with a wide move pool and Charizard can take on even a water type and prevail.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Giratina93 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:08 pm

These are some pretty nice ratings I see here. I jsut recommend that people put some more detail into them, like this:

Yanmega: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/469.shtml

Backdrop

Approximatly 11 years ago, a new Pokemon was introduced onto the battle scene; Yanma. THis little damselfly Pokemon was absolutly atrocious, with bad stats, shallow movepool, and a horrible one at that. The fact that BUTTERFREE was better than it was just another slap to the face for the poor bug. THen, in 2006, when Diamond and Pearl came out, Yanma finally got the attention it desired with better moves, the Physical/Special split, and one of the most necessary evolutions in history. That evolution is Yanmega, one of the fastest, and the best bug/flying Pokemon in history

Main stuff

Yanmega has a very good movepool. Beforehand, both of poor Yanma's main typings were physical, while Yanma was a special attacker. Now, with both Air Slash and Bug Buzz, Yanmega is a truly remarkable sweeper that's a must for your team. one testimony to it's awsomness is in the meta-game. With Stealth Rocks prevailing all over, many pokemon, notably fire, bug, and flying types, have been pushed back into NU, even the once fearsome Charizard is now barely worth looknig over in favor of Scizor. However, even with Stealth Rocks stripping it of 1/2 it's health each time it comes in, Yanmega has managed to hold on in the Borderline section, with th elikes of Crobat and Gallade. now THAT's staying power. With Hypnosis in hand, few things will want to come into Yanmega, or risk getting put to sleep and be set upon.

rating: 5/5.

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Return to Off-Topic