Godzilla's Return to the States

Movie reviews and discussion.

Do you think this film will be good?

OMG IT LOOKS SO COOL!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT!!!
20%
Eh, looks good, but I can wait for it.
27%
No, the last american godzilla was stupid, so why would this one be good?
20%
Why am I even reading this?
33%

Total votes : 15

Godzilla's Return to the States

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:14 pm

http://www.collider.com/2010/03/29/legendary-pictures-nabs-godzilla-rights-sets-sights-for-a-destructive-2012/

Who thinks this is gonna totally rock?!

Just to let you know, Legendary pictures just released a remake of Clash of the Titans, so I have high hopes for this film, since they did good w/ Clash. Just as long as they don't totally eradicate godzilla's awesome POWA, I'll be satisfied.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Destroyer14/news/?a=20596

BREAKING NEWS!!! OFFICIAL CONCEPT ART OF THE NEW 2012 GODZILLA!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm52Zlk_6vU&feature=player_embedded

An interview with someone.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/heat-vision/monsters-director-stomps-gozilla-68246

Official director info, thanks to gira!

http://www.tohokingdom.com/news/2011/07-14_david_goyer.html

Moar director info, kudos to IK!
Last edited by Godzilla Forever on Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:25 am, edited 7 times in total.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Giratina93 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:34 pm

...I'm abit iffy on this. Sure Legendary Pictures gave us the likes of CotT and the Dark Knight, but they also made the horribly inaccurate 10,000 BC. I just hope they do dewcent with this kind of stuff...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:39 pm

I hope so too.... I just hope they don't **** with godzilla's awesomeness like the other guy did.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:47 pm

I picked "Why Am I reading this".
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:38 pm

Pretty much no information released on it, so I really can't make a good assumption.

But judging from the last remake, I'm siding toward "Not good".
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:23 pm

Well, Legendary Pictures has done nothing but impress me so far. they had CotT [the add tells me it's good. critiques have given me reason to believe it's good, though not perfect], Dark Knight, Batman Begins, 10,000 BC [sure, it was inaccurate. but it was an awesome story all the same], 300, and even, on the comedy side, The Hangover. among others. I'm gonna go in there with low expectations, but i'm confident that they won't let down the fans. hell, i think most Directors, being the competitive ******** they are [ :P ] will have learned from Emmerich's mistake and make sure not to repeat it. in fact, i wouldn't be surprised if they had a team or two of people reading into the mistakes and learning about EVERY DETAIL of what Emmerich did wrong. i doubt they'll repeat his mistakes. who knows? maybe this could turn into what 1998's Godzilla was supposed to be? the Godzilla movie that never was...

and...considering the situation with 300, they might even give fans a new meme to spam to death on Youtube, deviantArt and all the other recreational sites on the internet :P
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby C S » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:10 pm

"HERE COMES THE GREEN SH*T!"- AVGN on Reptillicus :P

I just want a Godzilla movie that I can talk about with friends and not look like Im speaking some alien language =D
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:25 am

Compy Scavenger wrote:"HERE COMES THE GREEN SH*T!"- AVGN on Reptillicus :P

I just want a Godzilla movie that I can talk about with friends and not look like Im speaking some alien language =D

Dude, I totally agree.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Doc 42 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:26 pm

no video no luv
:'(
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:12 am

Sorry, I haven't found the trailer or anything yet.... too early......

EDIT: NEW INFO!!! SEE THE TOP ON HOW NEW GOJIRA MIGHT LOOK!!!

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Sat May 01, 2010 2:48 am

Looks like Final wars Godzilla with a bit of Mellinium in him
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Iceking » Sat May 01, 2010 2:49 am

I must admit, I'm impressed. The producers took into account that the fans aren't looking for a radical redesign like what happened with the 1998 movie.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat May 01, 2010 2:53 am

He looks pretty awesome, but a lot of people seem to dislike it..... maybe because he looks sleek like a dragon, not bulky like a dino like some of the other Godzilla suits................

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Iceking » Sat May 01, 2010 2:56 am

They're opinions might change over time. The mistake that the 1998 remake did was not showing the whole monster until the movie hit theaters. Had people actually seen the redesign in the full, they might have accepted it by the time the movie hit theaters.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat May 01, 2010 2:59 am

That's what they did with cloverfield, but come on- it's GODZILLA. They needed to show him more prominently. Overall, the new design just jumped to my top 10 favorite Godzilla deisgns.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat May 01, 2010 3:02 am

I think they're full of sh*t. Since when does Youtube become a valid source?

The design itself looks really great, but I highly HIGHLY doubt that this is actually it.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat May 01, 2010 3:05 am

Well, IDK. I'm staying hopeful.........

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Iceking » Sat May 15, 2010 12:34 am

You were right, TT. That Godzilla scuplt was just a fan made design, as confirmed by Bloody disgusting.com.
Last edited by Iceking on Sat May 15, 2010 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat May 15, 2010 1:10 am

argh, I got false info. :(

I'll delete it, since it's fake.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:27 am

New concept looks cool. Its what the other film should've been: The same Godzilla look, but remade to fit modern standards.
TyrannoTitan

Next

Return to General Movies