Isla Cruces II: Conspiracy

Have you got a game, book or movie you'd like to make a story out of? Want to expand on a story or plot that stopped? Have an original idea for a story that you want to post somewhere? Here's where to do it. Basically an RPG where one player controls ALL characters in the story.

How good is this? Be brutal with me!

0/5 (Doesn't deserve to exist, should be killed with fire).
40%
1/5 (Is a piece of horsesh*t).
No votes
2/5 (Could use a LOT of work).
No votes
3/5 (Is decent, but could be better).
No votes
4/5 (Is pretty good, with a few flaws).
60%
5/5 (Is amazing, no mistakes, couldn't be better).
No votes
6/5 (Kicks more *ss by accident than most fan-fics do on purpose).
No votes

Total votes : 5

Isla Cruces II: Conspiracy

Postby Evil Eye » Sat May 01, 2010 6:55 pm

Read part one here.

Prologue

When last we saw Isla Cruces, it was a stronghold for IGTech, breeding dinosaurs, and using technology to study their complexity, habitat, and lifestyle. Head and CEO of IGTech, Richard Archer, had invited three famous guests to the island, Dr. Alan Grant, Ellie Sattler, and Ian Malcolm, to oversee their work, and though reluctant at first, they eventually came to the island. One by one, horrors and casualties began to occur; it started with a simple plane, from Isla Sorna. It sent out a distress message, ending up crash-landing on Isla Cruces. It turned out to contain a section of a pack of dromeosaurs that had stowed away, survivors from the Costa Rican massacre of Isla Sorna. They were killed immediately. The other half of the pack came upon the island through ship, more successfully. They have formed an alliance of sorts with the original dromeosaurs from Isla Cruces, and have taken even more humans' lives since then. Even more problems started to happen when Isla Cruces' own, bred dromeosaurs set a trap, killing many guards and rangers, and escaped from the high-security dome they were kept in. To top it off, Richard Archer was destroyed, eaten by a Giganotosaurus that still prowls the island. Most of Isla Cruces has been evacuated, half of it lies in ruins, and the three guests, along with a pilot known as John Kipper, are still trapped on it, attempting to escape, not knowing that there is an even more dangerous threat than the Giganotosaurus, lurking close to them...

Ch. 1 – “The Shredder”
The light switch clicked in a mostly empty room. Two rows of ceiling lights flickered weakly before blowing out; the other two flashed on, lighting up the room to reveal a lone man standing in the doorway, holding a cloth over his nose.
“Guys,” Alan Grant called in a muffled tone, “Come here.”
“Did you find it?” A male’s voice responded from a distance, belonging to John Kipper.
“Yes, but there’s more than just that,” Grant called out, his voice shaking slightly.
There were footsteps outside, then the three others appeared at the room, arriving slightly out of breath.
“Why does it smell like something the cat dragged in here?” Ian Malcolm commented, holding a hand to his nose as well.
Their faces brightened when they saw several, bright orange canisters, presumably containing the fuel they were looking for, which would be their ticket off the nightmarish island.
They fell absolutely still in astonishment as they saw the rest of the room. It was huge, presumably having lots more equipment in it before. The remains of larger, importable dinosaur creating machines lingered around what looked like a hatchery, with a large cage in the corner, capable of holding a massive dinosaur inside. The bars in the front of the cage were bent and broken, the top and sides of it misshapen and dented. There were enormous cuts in the wall, along with more dents and scratches. The group of four could see holes in the walls, ranging in size from a centimeter to five centimeters. There were also much bigger holes punched into the walls; the space around them was black with soot and flak, as if there had been explosions in the room.
Upon closer inspection, they could see that the machines from the hatchery had been damaged too; broken parts lay scattered on the ground. There were also a few small pools of blood on the ground, and a couple trails of it smeared across the floor. It was obvious what had happened in the room.
Grant and Kipper hastily grabbed four of the tanks, managing to hold on to two each, and motioned for the other two to take one each, to carry to the truck.
Just as the small, vulnerable group started backing towards door, looking slightly fearful. Abruptly, Ellie Sattler put down her canister of fuel, walking towards a broken machine with what looked like an amber extractor attached to it, and a small indent to place the amber. She took a look behind it, then recoiled, a slightly sick look on her face.
“What is it?” Malcolm asked.
Sattler simply shook her head, backing away. Malcolm and Grant slowly approached the machine, expecting and preparing for the worst. What would they see? The cause for this room’s condition? Raptors?
Grant peeked over the extractor, his eyes widening. It was a gory scene, like something straight out of a horror film. A man lay on the floor, destroyed and maimed. He was wearing a baseball cap, and a blue shirt, with a patch above his right pocket, with the words “IGTech: The future, re-envisioned” printed boldly. All of his left leg was missing. His right leg was cut off at the knee. There was congealed, dried blood on his legs, and fresh blood still leaking slightly from his right leg, which was twisted and mangled. White bone poked out the end; more was visible, above his knee, splintered and crushed. The man’s torso was even worse; it had been eaten through completely. Half of it was clean to the bone, no flesh left on it. His intestines, stomach and liver were missing, leaving empty space where they should have been. The upper half of his torso was hidden from view to them by a box. Malcolm shifted it over slightly, then sucked in a gasp of air. A single, lone compy stood on his face, and had its neck bent down, its head inside the eye sockets of the man. Grant gave a gasp as well, at which the compy pulled its long neck up, its entire face covered with blood, and stared at the humans. It didn’t seem to be scared in the least; on the contrary, it seemed almost annoyed at them for interrupting its meal. It gave them an indignant chirp, and returned to the man’s corpse, gnawing away at his half eaten nose.
Grant and Malcolm backed away, leaving the small dinosaur to it, and picked their fuel tanks back up.
The two slowly stepped toward the doorway, joining Sattler and Kipper, who were waiting impatiently outside the room, each holding their canisters. They were staring at something on the walls of the hallway they were in.
“What now?” Malcolm asked the two of them, who didn’t look down when he spoke.
They stepped outside, apprehensive once more, to see what the others were looking at.
There were the same marks that had covered the room, going all the way down the long hallway. Scratch marks all around, along with dents everywhere, from the walls to the ceiling. There were the same blackened, flak covered holes in the wall, as if there had been heavy artillery fired at whatever had caused the destruction of the place.
The four of them walked down the hall, examining the marks and dents with wonder and fear.
“Did The Shredder break into this place or what?” Malcolm commented.
They all stopped at once, even more fearful at what they saw; the creature had evidently broken out of the massive hallway, because there was a huge hole beside them, twice the size of an RV in diameter.
“What could’ve done this?” Kipper said.
He stepped out of the hallway through the gap in the wall, stepping into the woodland that surrounded the lab complex. He stepped further out, and began walking away, before the Grant called out.
“Stop! We should stay in the building. It’s probably the safest place for us to be right now.”
Kipper ignored him and moved on, struck with awe and wonder at what had happened in the room.
“John!” Grant yelled sharply.
Kipper hesitated for a second, then kept moving once more, as if he hadn’t heard Grant’s warning.
Grant ran out of the hallway to stop Kipper, the others following suit, close behind Grant. All four of them were some distance away from the hole in the building now, fairly deep into the woods; the building was growing smaller and smaller as they ran further and further away, taking them closer to the danger of open forest.
They finally caught up with him, Grant grabbing onto Kipper’s shoulder and pulling him backward.
“What do you think you’re doing!” he exclaimed.
Kipper seemed to suddenly get a hold of his senses, looking around.
“I… I don’t know,” he stammered, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly.
Grant shook his head, frowning. He said, “Well, come on, let’s get back to the lab, before something bad happens,” glancing at the other three, and motioning toward the building they just exited.
They all turned around and walked back in the direction they came, still fearful of the scene they had looked at inside it. They had veered off a little in the forest, when side-stepping all the trees. They turned to their left slightly to get a bearing and find the cavity in the wall.
Kipper was the first to reach the clearing between the forest and building; his jaw dropped open at the site he saw in front of him.
Standing in front of the break it had made in the lab hallway was a massive dinosaur. Camouflage patterns dominated it’s scaly skin, made up of black and brown. On its sail, lighter colors covered it, making mixed brown and green camouflage patterns.
It was a spinosaurus.
Last edited by Evil Eye on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby raptor33 » Thu May 06, 2010 7:51 pm

erf...... so short..... I WANT MORE!!!!!!

make a solid chapter beofr eposting it. that happend to me, when I didn't even make one chapter because I hit submit by accident.
You've lost the game,
The game of life,
So drop your pain,
And leave your strife.
raptor33
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Evil Eye » Thu May 06, 2010 9:36 pm

Uhm... it's not like there is no backstory at all though is it? This is a sequel, hence why I posted part 1 up there ^
:P
I'll be posting ch 1 soon hopefully though.
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon May 24, 2010 3:09 am

It's pretty good, but when are you going to post the next section?
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Evil Eye » Mon May 24, 2010 3:56 am

Sorry, I've been really busy with finals for school and all that, and I dont wanna just half-ass it, ya know? I'm trying to work on it as much as I can though, I should be posting faster once summer starts. I'll update you guys, of course.
Last edited by Evil Eye on Mon May 24, 2010 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon May 24, 2010 3:57 am

Okay, take your time, just wondering.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Evil Eye » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:43 pm

First chapter's up, finally. Sorry it took so long. =p
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby raptor33 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:14 pm

well done! brilliant! just, absolutely brilliant!

there is always room to improve, but most of the time, no one knows what to improve.

Very good ending of that chapter. Very good. Amazing, that they don't realize they are pretty much screwed.

What, where they trying make a super solider and thought "hey, let's use a bloodthirsty beast like a spino."
You've lost the game,
The game of life,
So drop your pain,
And leave your strife.
raptor33
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:56 pm

Hey, thanks a lot :P
Yeah, I was trying to get that suspense, where they step out of the tree line, and see the thing standing right there.
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby raptor33 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:08 pm

eh.... are you gonna keep doing this?
You've lost the game,
The game of life,
So drop your pain,
And leave your strife.
raptor33
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:19 pm

I dunno. I've been rather uninspired lately =/
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby raptor33 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:42 pm

well, humans running for their lives from a giant beast is always good.

It is your fanfic.
You've lost the game,
The game of life,
So drop your pain,
And leave your strife.
raptor33
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Return to Single Writer Fiction