Things that annoy you about Games and the Internet

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Things that annoy you about Games and the Internet

Postby Tediz » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:28 pm

This is just to pass the time. The title should be self - explanatory lol. I'll go fist!

When I'm playing XBox Live and some girl comes in and she's like "Hey guys!" and the whole room is just a compete.............. Kiss ***..... To her. Like "Omg a girl playing Halo I should send her a friends request" .... And then they won't kill her >_<!

"Don't kill me I'm a girl!"
"Okay I won't kill you huhuhuhhuhhuh...."

... It drives me insane. When a girl comes in and announces her presence to the room I'm usually just like "Hey *****!"

I mean no disrespect to females saying this stuff btw :oops:
Last edited by Tediz on Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tediz
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:45 pm

funnily enough, until that comment, i was trying to decide which you were...what with the teddy bear avatar and all...

but yeah. the whole 'soft-on-girls' thing in games is a pain. happens in almost any online game around. from Halo to Counter-Strike [although the latter is alot less common, seeing as it seems the plain, plotless terrorist vs cop mayhem seems to put a good deal of girl-gamers off :roll: ]. here's everyone trying to 'go easy on the girl', and i'm busy blowing their brains out with a sniper rifle. the reactions i get sometimes are priceless...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Tediz » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:51 pm

Hahaha... You know man, to tell you the truth I was actually thinking the other day ... "I never posted saying either way and I got a Teddy bear... Will people know I'm a dude...?" But yeah.... The Tediz' is off of 'Conkers Bad Fur Day' and 'Coker: Live And Reloaded'.... If you dun know what that is there Evil little stitched up Teddy Bears that....... Well just leave it at that. There badass lol.

But yeah I remember one time some girl didn't like me and she was like "Okay guy just leave okay? You keep killing me so just go because I don't like you and I'm gonna boot you."
I said "You don't have to boot me.... I'm going you stupid *****!"

... That might have been kinda............... Too much, but hearing the whole room go *Gasp!* made me laugh pretty hard
Last edited by Tediz on Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tediz
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby C S » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:52 pm

"OMG YOU KILLED A GIRL"
"DAMMIT MONKEY, YOUR A ****"

Is what I get most of the time, Iclam laugh, cause its guys that say those things while the girl just keeps playing. Draw your own conclusions...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Tediz » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:04 pm

... Allright let's keep this on Topic lol... Post you're own annoyance before a girl sees this and is like....

"Hey! I do not do that! Don't you about us like that! I ain't not *****! I ain't no *****! **** you guys I'll leave the site! I'll get my tattoos removed!"

... I'm just kidding. I'm really not trying to Stereotype for any ladies this insults. So seriously keep it on Topic please...

*Sigh* ... I think I'm gonna be hated on this site already for saying all this....
Tediz
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Doc 42 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:15 pm

Stereo typing is your freind!
*Kp runs past with a jug of oil ranting about snakes*
*is drunk*

But no seriously. Its a fact. All girls in games ARE annoying. But keep in mind, thats only CONFIRMED. Most people join a game, talk away, grab some frags, then leave when they are done. At no point do they shout "HEY EVERYONE! IM A DUDE!"
nor do they go "HEY EVERYONE! IM A GIRL!"

Only annoying CONFIRMED girls do that
the same goes for CONFIRMED dudes
Annomity is your freind.

Of course, the above rule doesnt apply to people who talk via mic normally, for tactics or just chatting, but you get the picture
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:33 pm

*Doc does an Irish Jig as he goes by, a load of shamrocks in one hand and a pot of gold in the other, a seemingly unemptiable bottle of whiskey pouring into his mouth*

true. alot of times while i was playing Zombie Survival [in G-Mod, of course], i've seen perfectly normal girls playing perfectly normally in games. but C-S, Halo, and various other similar games [and ones that aren't so similar, say, like C&C Generals] tend to have the whole annoying 'don't kill girls' attitude...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:44 am

First, I would like to say that I am angered to see such comments looked over without much of a second thought.

Girls using their gender for whatever reason in video games is annoying and can offer some topic-relevant statements, but stereotyping all women in that previous comment, Tediz, is sexist and is frowned upon on the site. There was no reason for that, and again you mention the fact that it is wrong, and yet do it anyway.

This is my last warning to you. Continue and I will throw out REAL warnings, which can add up to a ban...

As for something relevant to the topic, recently, while I was on a Zombie Survival (Mod for G-mod) spree, a few of these little kids, no older then 6 or 7, joined the server. I have no problem with little kids on video games, but these two were obnoxious, asking stupid questions and making loud noises. Eventually they were kicked...thank god.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Tediz » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:09 am

Well... That was the point. That I wasn't trying to stereotype all women that just a lot of them were like that... And in all honesty, I'm not even saying Women online, I just meant a lot of girls on Halo 3.......... But I guess I didn't really specify that did I... I see you're point.... I'll behave :oops:
Tediz
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby chook151 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:31 am

Something I hate about the internet is when your on a certain forum *Not this one(Goodjob KP, TT, etc.!)* and theres all this crap about people advertizing their own sites, saying that they're god's angel and asks you to oin a cult, or simply post (No need to say it.) in certain topics. And I can tell you it s really horrible cause if one day I'm going into a certain topic when my little sis comes in and what comes uP? No more to say.. :?
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Raptor Llama » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:53 pm

here's a video that sums it all up:
The twelve FU's of online gaming
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby C S » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:07 pm

I hate arrogant religious f*cks, no offense to any one who sticks by their religion, it just pisses me off when someone joins in a game and goes preaching sh*t at everyone and when they get their asses owned they go "Well now we know who god hates" :x
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby LV-426 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:25 pm

I HATE it when little kids go on live and try to play COD. they never shut up and they ***** when they get killed.
Get away from her you *****
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty
Were in the pipe five by five
They Mostly Come at Night Mostly

Aliens the most quotable movie Ever
LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:33 pm

Nothing's worse than getting killed by your teamate cause they suck as aiming. I mean, if you can't aim well, use a shotgun!!! I suck at aiming, that's why I like using melee weapons!!! Sheesh.............
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby LV-426 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:37 pm

I know. One time my teammate killed our entire team with a grenade because he didnt know how to throw the damn thing ( we were playing COD 6 and it was in a room )
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty

LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby raptor titanus3 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:23 pm

Agreed for me the worst is when it's a team game and a bunch of black teens (no offense to African desendents) are all on one side and call themselves gangsters and they swear and shout and just offend everyone in the game and when they lose they swear even more! By that point I shut off my mike and contiue to try and play the game
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby Doc 42 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:47 pm

out of curiosity, how can you tell their colour and racial origins over microphone?
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:47 pm

There are things that give some races away.
Besides, it's even worse when a white guy comes in and tries to be "gangsta" and "hip"...
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby LV-426 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:50 pm

Ways they talk give it away too
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty

LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:53 pm

Meh. They're annoying wannabes usually. Just be who you are, man........
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Next

Return to Off-Topic