The Twilight Series

Like books? Talk about them here!

The Twilight Series

Postby Shade » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:28 pm

A series that's very popular. If none of you have read any them, I will be shocked. The greatest vampire/romance/adventure/horror book series EVER!!!

1. Twilight- the best one is always the original

2. New Moon- Shocking, exciting, bizzare, and not to mention dramatic

3. Eclipse- Drama, decete, excitement, betrayal, this book is nutts

4. Breaking Dawn- Just came out, messed up at first, but gets way cooler as you go!!
Sugar. Spice. Everything twice. I'm the left and the right, in a word: Nice.
Shade
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby .::FallenAngel::. » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:16 am

Yes, I do like this series. Though I gotta say, from looking at the trailers, I think they screwed the movie up. I liked New Moon, probably my favorite. Ive read through all four, and Breaking Dawn surprised me. It seemed to be on another level; alot darker then the others. But that might just be me.
~There is always a reason for something. Things never happen by chance; there is always a greater meaning behind the events we face.~
.::FallenAngel::.
Worm
Worm

Postby HorseGal » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:45 am

I've read up to New Moon so far. I want to get Eclipse and Breaking Dawn but they don't have Eclipse in the school library, well they do but it keeps getting checked out so fast. I accidently checked out the spanish copy of it at the beginning of the year and brought it back lol. Anyway, pretty good series...although some people do get a little carried away with it...with the whole Edward Cullen thing. Sure he's cute but eh, just not into him. :P
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
"There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star." -Henry Thoreau
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby Tediz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:30 am

I'm not really a Vampire fan... But I'm tempted to get them because someone told me Werewolves were a big part of them.

But, to be honest... In my personal Opinion, Vampires are Icky.

Werewolves FTW!
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers; for thereby some have entertained angels unawares - Hebrews 13:2
Tediz
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby chook151 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:21 pm

I'm recently up to full moon. And I agree with fallen angel, they did kinda stuff up the film. I've just been trying to find a copy of the second book.
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Re: The Twilight Series

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:32 pm

Shade wrote:A series that's very popular. If none of you have read any them, I will be shocked. The greatest vampire/romance/adventure/horror book series EVER!!!

1. Twilight- the best one is always the original

2. New Moon- Shocking, exciting, bizzare, and not to mention dramatic

3. Eclipse- Drama, decete, excitement, betrayal, this book is nutts

4. Breaking Dawn- Just came out, messed up at first, but gets way cooler as you go!!

how do you mean horror? this is the worst series of books and movies ever if you want really vampire stuff look at The underworld or Dracula 2000 and its definitly NOT horror even disneys the lion king scared me more then this piece of stuff you do in the toilet
seriously it really r**es the **** out of Vampire stories
no offense but its just a bunch of girl books and movies,hell the jonas brothers there one eyebrow is even more scarry then this
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby Huntress » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:39 pm

The Twilight Series was one of the best series I've ever read!! And trust me I've probably read thousands of books in my life already, but theres more horror in the movies, but I think the horror is when the vampires and werewolves are tearing vampires apart, it was really creepy what they did in the Eclipse movie, it gave me the shivers!!!
~Huntress~
Huntress
House fly
House fly

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:48 pm

This series probably butchered the vampire genre single handedly. I'm not saying they are bad books, I'm saying that the mushy vampire/werewolf love is only going to worsen the already weakening supernatural being genre.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:03 pm

I find it funny, that the Twilight books were published with grammar errors and nonsensical descriptions, like how Bella "forgets to breathe" one time and how music can linger in silence...I really dont know what the appeal of these books are....

Vampires glowing in the sunlight....ugh
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:02 pm

Yup, Yuke, G4E, and CS pretty much said it. Horrible series, that's completely maimed and destroyed the image of "vampire".
Anyway, it's just a trend. No one's gonna look back in 40 years and go, "Remember those Twilight books? They were real classics, mhm."
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby LV-426 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:18 pm

Edward can kiss Christopher Lee's and Bela Lugosi's ***.
Get away from her you *****
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty
Were in the pipe five by five
They Mostly Come at Night Mostly

Aliens the most quotable movie Ever
LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:51 pm

LV's the most honest out of all of us. :lol:
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:08 am

Stating your opinion is one thing, but please keep it civil. There's no need to be a prick about it, LV.
TyrannoTitan

Postby LV-426 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:14 am

Al that I was stating was that Twilight ruined vampires WHICH THEY DID and they also ruined werewolfs
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty

LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:14 am

Good for you. You stated your opinion, you don't need to keep going. Some people enjoy the series, the topic doesn't need you badmouthing it constantly.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:05 am

Do YOU like the series, TT? Just wondering.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:38 am

No. But that doesn't mean I won't protect the ones who do.
TyrannoTitan

Postby LV-426 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:50 pm

But seriously have you seen the movie its god awful and I heard the books weren't any better
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty

LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:42 pm

I've heard as such, as have we all, but this is a topic to discuss the books, not hate on them. Now kindly shut up and leave. You already stated your opinion.
TyrannoTitan

Re: The Twilight Series

Postby SniperSaurus » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:29 am

I'd have to agree with LV-426 here, I cant stand the series personally, the authors a bit loony in my opinion...
"Hello, my name is Sheila, I am an Insane Rouge A.I." - Sheila

"I took a walk around the world to ease my troubled mind, I left my body lying somewere in the sands of time." -Kryptonite
-=Image=-
Good Boy.
SniperSaurus
Tarantula
Tarantula

Location: A tree, 5,000 yards from your current location, about to blow your head off.

Next

Return to General Books