The Monster Hunter!

Have you got a game, book or movie you'd like to make a story out of? Want to expand on a story or plot that stopped? Have an original idea for a story that you want to post somewhere? Here's where to do it. Basically an RPG where one player controls ALL characters in the story.

The Monster Hunter!

Postby Giratina93 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:55 pm

CHAPTER 1. THE BEGINNING.

July 3, 2003
Tacoma, Washington.

The room was silent as the three men sat down in their chairs. Each of them had long, white beards and wrinkled faces, yet despite their looks, they had been the most revered men of the 20th Century. The man on the far right seat was Charles Darney, the worlds leading expert on Cryptozoology. Having been a former student of the late Bernard Heuvelmans, he knew more than anyome else the mysteries of unknown creatures. In the middle seat sat Richard Lieman, a respected former hunter whom had hunted the greatest, and the deadliest, that the earth had to offer. In the left seat, was Jack Huntington, a leader on carnivorous animals. He not only did works with living creatures, but also studied extensively carnivorous dinosaurs as well. With all three of them seated, Huntington reached into a alrge plastic bag beside him, and pulled out what at first glance appeared to be a normal raptor skull, but had a rather large frill ontop of it.

"Gentleman, I think we all know why we are gathered here today, right?" Huntington spoke, placing the skull on the table. "Here, I have a skull that a friend of mine sent to me from a deserted island somewhere in the pacific shortly before we lost contact with him. As you can see, the skull looks like that of a Dromeosaur, but the proportions are quite irregular, and the frill has me baffled, as no other raptor we've found as of yet has had a frill on it." The two other men leaned closer, looking at the skull. Lieman touched the lower jaw, then pulled back immediatly, a shocked look on his face.

"Why, this skull isn't fossilized!" Lieman gasped in astonishment. 'This must have come from an animal that just died recently! Huntington, your friend must have stumbled across a "Lost World" of sorts, where beasts that should be dead still reign supreme! Why, if we turned the island into a game reserve, then we can hunt these Dinosaurs all we'd like!" Lieman chuckled, only to see Darney staring coldly at him.

"No, my friends”, Darney began,” Why would we want to hunt the owner of such a brizzare skull when we could send a team over to investigate the island. From what I've heard, the locals that live near the island not only report of frilled lizards on two legs, but also of magnificent dragons, and strange maned amphibians. If what they say is true, them we could have indeed discovered a truly wonderful lost world, one that must be preserved at all costs!" Darney exclaimed, the other two men nodding in agreement. If anybody else were to find out about this, then chaos would break out, with the media storming the island and quite possibly disturbing it's unique ecosystem. They had to keep the utmost secrecy about it, while at the same time, sending a team there, accompanied by guards, to take notes of what might live there.

"Infact, my dear gentlemen, I have already assembled a team of two promising individuals that can do this for us." Huntington spoke in, the two others looking at him in shock. They hadn't expected him to already have assembled a team so fast without their knowledge. "The first member is a wildlife photographer. His name starts with a Q, but I just couldn't pronounce it, so he insisted on being called Gira. despite being only 16, he has survived the Sahara desert for 4 days and nights, all by himself. He doesn't want to talk about it, so I don't know how he got through alive. The second person is a biologist named Midori. She's two years older than Gira, and she has quite abit of knowledge. She knows the differences between Troodonts and Deinonychids, and that's quite impressive, along with a few other feats that escape me at the moment."

As Huntington finished, Lieman stood up, his face twisted with somethnig between a smile and a smirk. "Your serious, right? Our team of professionals consists of two teenagers? How on earth are they going to even get to this island?" Lieman laughed, only for him to sense both Huntington and Darney giving him cold looks, the hunter reluctantly sat back down in his seat.

"Method of transportation? Well, I have already arranged a boat for the two of them, with about 30 guards protecting them on the way there." Huntington sighed, the old man slouching in his chair. "Besides, it's going to be a trip of a lifetime for both of them..."

CHAPTER TWO. VOYAGE.

July 6, 2003.
Tacoma, Wahington.

The city was in a bustle. thousands of people flocked around the docks as a massive Aircraft Carrier, named "USS GENO", set sail from the docks to the mysterious island. A little ways behind the crowd were Huntington and Darney, the two old men wearing jackets to protect their frail bodies from the harsh rain that fell upon the city.

"You know, it's a shame that Lieman couldn't be here to see this voyage take place. Too bad he just had to catch a cold two days after our meeting..." Huntington chuckled, as he watched the massive ship set sail. "Huntington, why is there such a large crowd here, when I specifically asked for the utmost secrecy, and why an Aircraft Carrier?" Darney asked, a puzzled look on his face. Huntington understood his concerns, but all of this was needed in the utmost end.

"This is all part of the plan, Darney. All these people think this is just a training exercise, that this ship is taking shoulders to train them for any upcoming wars. So, in the end, our secrecy is kept perfectly." Huntington smirked. "By the way, I managed to rent out this Aircraft Carrier out of our own bank accounts... Thank goodness Lieman made a truckload back when he hunted...." Huntington added on, before continuing. "One last thing. Our team has three months to do what they must on the island. Once that time has passed, them we'll come in and extract them, personally... No matter the danger."

CHAPTER THREE. FIRST CONTACT

July 7, 2003
In the middle of the Pacific.

The stars in the sky shone brightly, glittering down onto the sea. A young girl, about 18 years old, watched the lovely sight from the front of the aircraft carrier. Her hair was long and black, reaching down to her waist. She was rather tall for her age, and most people tended to think she was older than she really was, due to how "developed" her appearance was.

"You should be asleep right now, Midori." A firm voice sounded from behind her. Midori turned around to see a teenage boy, slightly shorter than her. His hair was rather short, and he wore a normal T-shirt and some jean shorts. "We should be arriving at our destination tomorrow, and the last thing we need is for our Biologist to be too tired to get up in the morning." the young man added, a small smile on his face. That smile was the only real redeeming quality on his face, though, due to quite a few zits covering his face. Midori had heard that, no matter how hard he tried to rid of them, they refused to go...

"Is that the only reason why you came up from the beds, Gira?" Midori chimed back, the girl knowing Gira all too well already. Even before this mission, they had been best friends since grade school, when Gira's face wasn't so crowded. Most likely, he was up to head off and raid the fridge on the ship. "Actually, I also wanted to get myself a small snack from the fridge. Thankfully, the captain put TRUCKLOADS of food in the Dining hall, so I can gorge myself to my heart's content." Gira laughed, before changing the subject. "So, what do you expect to find on this island we're heading to?" Gira asked, himself uncertain as to what might lie in wait for them there.

Midori looked over at the boy, a faint smile on her face. "If you ask me, we might just find out what the true top predators. The frilled raptor can't be the top predator there. Not only is it too small, but in all the fossil records, even the biggest raptors were overshadowed by even more massive carnivorous titans, and the same should be for ehre as well." Midori finished, her eyes suddenly spotting a faint outline up in the sky, resembling a blimp. "Is-is that a blimp”? Midori pondered, pointing her finger to the shape, Gira also looking over toward it. This puzzled both of them greatly. What would a blimp be doing so far away from land? Never mind that ones that could travel overseas were decommissioned after the Hindenburg incident.

Whatever answer they had come up with would be short-lived, however.

From out of nowhere, a large ball of electricity struck the shape, causing it to burst into flames, the shape slowly descended toward the sea, where it exploded even more. Suddenly, the whole ship crew was awake as alarms blared all over, soldiers hastily got into uniform and hurried onto the decks, gun in their hands. The captain, now wide awake, looked all over, trying to fins the source of the lightning blast, as did Midori and Gira.

The water around the carrier began to bubble and sizzle, electricity sparkling all over the place. Midori began to back away from the edge of the boat when the boat suddenly jostled, knocking her onto her side. Gira rushed to her side, then began to pick her up, when a massive figure leaped out of the water and onto the carrier. Midori, able to see the creature clearly under the star-filled night, starred in shock at what she saw. The body of the creature was of a darkish-blue color, while the underside was a chalkish white. A long, broad neck tapered out, with a draconic mouth with two horns sticking out of the back at it's end. The beast's tail was like a crocodile's only the end of it had what appeared to be something of a flipper on it. On the sea monster's back were two rows of spines, the occasional spark of electricity jumping between the spines. Instead of flippers, as one might have expected from a sea creature, it's limbs were crocodilian, with webbing between the claws. Midori calculated the length of the beast to be about 85 feet, from the tip of it's snout, to the end of the tail.

As Midori got to her feet, the sea dragon turned to face her, it's eyes looking down onto the human. A forked tongue slid out of it's slightly open mouth, picking up air particles before drawing them in. The beast began to crawl toward her, hungering for her flesh. Gira and Midori knew now that, if they didn't do something fast, they'd become dragon chow...

CHAPTER 4. LAGIACRUS

July 7, 2003. In the middle of the ocean.

Midori and Gira tried to back up, only to find themselves at the edge of the ship. They were now trapped between a rock and a hard place. The massive reptilian monster before them kept crawling nearer, mouth slightly open. Both Midori and Gira knew that they were in a bind, and if they didn't jump off the ship, they'd get devoured.

The calvary, however, had diffrent plans.

Just as the sea dragon swung it's head toward them, a loud shot rang through the area. The massive sea dragon roared in pain as a sniper bullet shot through it's lower jaw, blood spilling from the wound. The great beast began to swing around to face whatever had hit it. Midori breathed a sigh of relief that she was no longer the beast's main focus, but the sigh was never finished as it's tail slammed into her and Gira, both of them being knocked off the ship and into the water.

The large sea dragon's eyes swerved around, trying to locate what had harmed it. The beast's eyes fell upon a group of Marines, guns at the ready, one marine at the back reloaded his sniper rifle, before taking aim at the creature's head. In an act of defiance, the large sea monster raised it's head upward, then let out a deafening roar. The marines covered their ears as the roar shook their ear drums to the core, those closest to it deafened momentarily.

Those in the back responded by opening fire on it.

The blue dragon howled in anger as bullets tore across it's body. Those aimed at it's top bounced off it's thick hide, but the ones aimed at it's lower body shredded through him. the hailstorm of bullets continued as the creature's back spikes began to glow a dull blue, electricity crackling between them. "Oh shi-" One of the more Genre Savvy marines managed to cry out as the beast arched it's head back, then sprung it forward, a large bluish sphere of electricity fired from it's mouth. The sphere slammed into the group of marines, vaporizing them in an instant. All that remained of them were charred bones and a few roasted scraps of meat. The creature looked around, not smelling any other humans alive. Arching it's head back, the creature roared into the air, the sound of it carrying for miles. Even in the face of 21st century technology, nothing could stop it.

At the area where it's Thunder Bullet had hit, small fires burned on the ship's hull. the fires began to cover the ship, rapidly consuming the hull. The beast, thinking it's job was done, leapt back into the water, looking around for where the two humans that it had sent flying where...

On a small life raft, Midori and Gira barely hung on, both of them almost unconscious. They had hoped that the trip would go relatively smoothly, but instead, they got ambushed before they could even reach the island. Most of the crew was now dead. Could it get any worse?

A massive explosion engulfed the area, blasting Midori, Gira, and the life raft a good 40 feet off. Midori looked over at Gira, only to see that he had fallen unconscious. She looked back, only to see the bow of the ship she had come on sink beneath the sea. The only way she could think that could have happened was that the flames reached the engine room. As Midori tried to look around, her vision began to blur, her arms letting go of the life raft. The last thing she saw that night were three large dark objects sailing toward her...

CHAPTER 5. THE VILLAGE
July 8, 2003
???

Darkness, that was all Midori could see. However, her other senses were at full work. The smell of roses and hot metal filled her nostrils, and she could hear children playing and molten metal being slammed on. The girl's eyes finally opened up, and as she looked around, she found herself lying on a simple mattress with red on top. Midori hauled herself out of the bed, before noticing she was inside a small hut. There wasn't much to the room she was inside, other than a wooden drawer, and a mirror on top of it. Midori looked around, her own clothing having been replaced with a red shirt and black leathery pants. As she sat down on the bed, a young girl, roughly her age, came in from the other room. This girl was wearing a blue cap, and a simple skirt, with a black and white shirt on top. Her hair was a blondish color, and her face was rather pretty, with azure eyes.

"So your finally awake." The girl said, a small smile spreading on her face. "Not many people can survive an attack like that and live to tell about it... Your just lucky our hunting fleet came and found you before the Lagiacrus got ya." Midori's eyes widened as she heard the name, the image of that foul sea dragon still fresh in her mind. "So that's the name of the beast that wrecked the boat I was on, and the blimp I saw? Midori asked, her natural curiosity taking over, to which the other girl sighed. "Yeah.. I take it your not from these parts.. Here in this island, as well as the ones surrounding it, travel is quite dangerous, and many people die from attacks. You and your friend are lucky to have survived..."

"Wait, you mean Gira? Where is he?" Midori asked, having almost forgotten about him. Last she saw of him, Gira was unconscious, and had quite a few bruises over him. "Oh, he's already been up for a few hours. By now he should be in the library here, engrossed in some of the books here in the village..." The girl responded, a small twinkle in her eyes as she headed out of the room toward the main door. Midori, not knowing what else to do, followed her outside, and gasped at what she saw. Around her was a lively sea village, three fishing vessels, each squarish in shape, tied up to a pier. People hustled all around her, some of them carrying fish, other having pickaxes, fruits, and even sharks over their shoulders. A tall man was standing on top of a box infront of some stairs, the man having on a light pink shirt and blue pants. AS Midori looked around, she saw the girl from earlier head into a booth by one of the piers, then wave her hand at her, telling Midori to come closer, which the teen did.

"Sorry for not saying this earlier, but welcome to Moga village" the girl said with enthusiasm, a rather cheesy smile on her face. I'm the guild sweetheart here, giving out quests the guild issues here." "Wait, did you say guild? Just who are the guild?" Midori asked, curious as to what the sweetheart was talking about. "Well, the guild is a very powerful group of people who control the hunting industry here. People send their complains of monsters running amuck, and the guild turns their complains into quests, which local hunters go off and do." the sweetheart explained. Midori was about to ask her about the monsters when she felt a firm hand on her shoulder. She turned around, seeing Gira's all so crowded face, the boy wearing a green t-shirt and black jeans.

"This place... there's so much knowledge here that I wish to learn. I've already read some of the books here, but I still don't get just where exactly we are..." Gira said, his eyebrows scrunching up as he entered into thought mode. Midori turned back to the guild sweetheart, needing an answer to just one more question she had. "You said something about monster here... just what kind of monsters?"

"So your from the outside world, where people think dragons and monster are but superstition? I had figured that from how you were dressed... As for your question, we have quite a few monsters here on this island alone. WE got massive flying dragons, aquatic lizards with balloon manes, and, three years back, we even had what's called an Elder Dragon whom made it's den in the underwater ruins beneath the island..."

CHAPTER 6. TARGET FOUND
July 8, 2003
Moga Village

As Midori, the Guild Sweetheart, and Gira continued to talk with each other, Midori’s knowledge of what she had thought to be true and what had been but fiction began to blur. Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw several cats, some white, some black, walking around on two legs while carrying supplies from boat to boat. Seeing the small cats raised her curiosity, until the Guild Sweetheart explained that they were Felynes and Melynx’s , cat-like creatures that helped out the people here with their daily tasks. The trio continued to talk with one another for several minutes as the local village life went on around them. Midori learned from the Guild Sweetheart that the Blimp she and Gira had seen the night before was bound for this island from another one. Supposedly, this island was in need for a “Monster Hunter” to protect the village here from raids from the local wildlife. That did have a Monster Hunter previously who had driven away the large Elder Dragon from beneath the island, but he had left several months ago. The Guild had responded by sending the island a blimp that had a new Monster Hunter, but the Lagiacrus had destroyed the Blimp, killing the MH in the process.

“So it seems like for now, we’re temporarily without a protector.” The GSH joked half-heartedly, before sighing. But before anyone else could say anything, A small man came running over to where the tall man on the boxes was. He had apparently been in quite the hurry, for his face was covered with sweat, and his eyes were wide with fright. “Chief, There’s trouble at the farm!” The man began to yell at a rapid pace. The Chief quickly put his hand on the short man’s shoulder, to try and calm him down. “What kind of trouble is there by the farm?” The chief asked, to which the short man began to shudder. “The Aptonoth that help me plow up the fields… Velociprey…” The short man began to cry and shudder. At seeing this, the Chief took off toward the Farm, knowing what he had to do.

Midori and Gira, on the other hand, had listened to the whole thing, and their interest had been kindled by hearing the name Velociprey. “Did you hear what he just said?” Gira asked Midori. “I sure did… If there’s one ting I know for certain, it’s that whatever that old guy crying about is most likely a Raptor… It just has to be…” Midori responded. The two of them nodded to each other, before both of them took off after the Village Chief, leaving a puzzled and alarmed Guild Sweetheart behind them. ‘Wait! Come back here! You two don’t know what’s out there!” The GSH shouted out to them, but to no avail. Her face reddened, due to the fact that they had simply ignored her, and she took off after them…

Several minutes later, Midori and Gira stopped running, both of them out of breath. They had barely managed to catch up with the Village Chief, who only now just noticed them.. “You two..? Shouldn’t the two of you be resting right now? It’s been less than a day since you washed up here!” The Village Chief scolded at both of them. Midori and Gira were both about to explain why they had followed them, when the sounds of something large stomping around echoed ahead of them. The three of them turned to see what it was.

Ahead of them was a large, expansive field that streaked for acres in every direction. Normally, this field would be covered in various crops, bug boxes, honey pots, and mushroom groves, but instead, the place was completely trashed. Bits of crops and boxes lay strewn all over the area, and numerous footprints dotted all over the field. But what it was that drew the attention of the trio was a large Hadrosaur, resembling a grey bulky Parasaurolophus, running for its life from several small, blue colored raptors with red crests on the top of their heads. “Damn Velociprey…” The Village Chief grumbled, before murmuring something about how they weren’t native to Moga Island, or at least, that’s what Midori picked up from him, for she was too caught up watching the scene. She watched carefully as one of the Velociprey ran ahead of the Apotonoth, before whirling around and snapping at it. The large Herbivore stopped in its tracks, before raising itself onto its hind legs. The Velociprey, not impressed by this act of defense, made several mock charges toward it, drawing the herbivores attention completely to that one raptor, allowing its 2 other partners to prepare to lunge upon it from the flanks.

A loud, drawn out holler, akin to that of a monkey, echoed across the field, stopping the Velociprey in their tracks. While the carnivores looked around, trying to find where the holler had come from, the Apotonoth, seizing its chance to escape, ran right for the small group of humans. Thankfully for them, it was more akin to a slow waddle than a full-fledged run, and the large herbivore simply went around them before stopping, apparently feeling a lot safer behind the humans than with several small raptors.

The Velociprey, sensing danger approaching, screeched in panic and alarm, before turning tail and bolting as fast as they could from the fields to the forest that was at the edge of the field.

One Velociprey, however, never made it to the forest…

A large pair of jaws lunged out from behind several stacks of honey pots and snapped shut around the smallest Velociprey. The other two blue raptors turned and screeched at the attacker, before bolting for their lives, leaving their pack mate to be dashed against the ground after being shaken violently. Only once the Velociprey was dead did the creature fully emerge from behind the honey pots. It was a large pink colored raptor, atleast twice the size of the Velociprey, with several spikes on the end of the tail. On each foot was a large, sickled claw, and on each hand was a similar sickled claw. But what drew the attention of both Midori and Gira to the pink raptor wasn’t what was on its hands and feet, but rather, the large boney frill on the back of its head…

“It seems… we have found our frilled raptor…” Midori whispered to Gira, just as the frilled raptor snarled at the group of humans, before charging at them…
Last edited by Giratina93 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:06 am, edited 5 times in total.

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Giratina93 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:56 pm

THis post is needed incase the story surpasses the first page... Please do not delete.

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby slashmaster101 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:59 pm

awesome im impressed please continue
slashmaster101
Bumble Bee
Bumble Bee

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:55 pm

Very well done, Gira. I like it!!!
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Giratina93 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:49 am

A very short Chapter Two has been added up. Don't worry, kiddies. Things will heat up in CHapter three!

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:41 am

Very nice, gira. It's coming along........
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby raptor33 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:23 pm

Yes, I'd say it coming along quite nicely.

Pointless Observation on Gira's Typing:

You type so fast your finger stays on Shift too long. It's a known side-effect of playing MMOs.
You've lost the game,
The game of life,
So drop your pain,
And leave your strife.
raptor33
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Giratina93 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:01 am

Chapter three if FINALLY up. I was too lazy/ having too much fun with Mh tri online to put it up, but here it is... I think I could have done abit better with introducing the Lagiacrus, but of well...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Iceking » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:35 pm

This is a good FanFic, Gira. Keep up the good work.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:08 am

Woah, this is pretty good! Keep it up, my friend!

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Giratina93 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:25 pm

Chapter 4 is up, ladies and gentlemen...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Doc 42 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:45 pm

Review to come later
In the mean time, stop making your topic's poll's and going "durrr, is this good?" It really doesn't provide you with any useful information at all.

Instead, asking people to post constructive criticism and review it.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby raptor33 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:10 am

I agree with Doc. I think EE started it anyways....

THIS IS AWESOME DONT STOP GIRA!!!
You've lost the game,
The game of life,
So drop your pain,
And leave your strife.
raptor33
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Giratina93 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:18 am

CHAPTER 5 IS UP!

I hope it's alright... I myself think I didn't do too well on it, but it's the middle of th enight, I'm tired, and I have church in th emorning, so I just put it up now... and with me lacking Microsoft Word (I think that's what it's called...), All my chapters are In Promptu...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Re: The Monster Hunter!

Postby slashmaster101 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:53 am

Dispite all the syuff your pressuring yourself with it's not halve bad :D
slashmaster101
Bumble Bee
Bumble Bee

Postby Giratina93 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:08 am

AND FINALLY, AFTER BEING DEAD FOR MONTHS, CHAPTER 6 IS UP, WITH MORE ACTION, RAPTORS, AND KITTENS!

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby slashmaster101 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:10 pm

KITTYS!!!!!!
slashmaster101
Bumble Bee
Bumble Bee

Return to Single Writer Fiction