The Public Complaint Topic

Things concerning the site.

The Public Complaint Topic

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:41 pm

This topic came to me as an idea after a number of complaints from various members reached me. Here, Anyone who has any problems whatsoever with anything on the site, be it another member's behaviour, a certain system on the site, or other things, should mention it here. Please keep in mind that, in the case of complaints about members, The Member that is complained about is only as innocent as the other members see him/her. so if one member complains and the member responsible is truly causing trouble, they have nobody but themselves to blame for the behaviour that aroused the complaint. This topic starts now. Any complaint is to be directed here, and keep in mind that unless you report it, it may go without being addressed or completely ignored, under the protection of the fact that the staff may think the members have no problem whatsoever with it.

the Complaint must follow this format:

Title [subject of the complaint, be it a member's name, a certain system problem (example: Double Login) or others. it should be entered in Bold text, if possible]

Complaint [the things that are annoying you regarding the problem]

Suggested solution [What you think could be done to fix this. Make sure to think through your solution's viability first before suggesting it. and be specific and give detail about it. simply going 'fix it' might not be enough. if you have any experience with webforums and may know of a solution, say so and describe]
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby GR0 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:59 pm

RP Rules problem:
When I had my old account which I can no longer access years ago I was completely unable to find out the RP profile rules because I ALWAYS had to learn the rules the hard way. If it is in the main rules topic then it clearly needs to be highlighted or something because when I read it years ago I could never find it. Normally I would be posting this on my old account, but it wouldn't let me log into those accounts when I tried because it said the user did not exist or was inactive.

Edit: Ignore the above paragraph, not in the rule topic I was talking about. Just realised that one was infact seperated into sections though. Sorry about that. But can I please have a link to the actual RP rules though? And I wish to apologise for my noobish behavior when I was here years ago. I should've tried to ask one of the mods or admins for the RP rules since I couldn't find them and I shouldn't have been how I was.

Not exactly a complaint or anything, but most of the boards I go to have people's avatars above the rank picture, yet on this site the rank picture is above a user's avatar. Any particular reason to this?
GR0
Worm
Worm

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:20 pm

well, first of all, regarding your previous accounts, would you care to give me your profile name so i can look it up?

as for avatars, that's just the way this particular board is programmed. it's set with the rank pic above the profile pic...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby C S » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:21 pm

RP rules are always on the first page of an RP. RP profiles (They have rules? I think you mean template) are in...the profile topics, first post in said topics

As for avatars/ranks positions, Im guessing its to make active members easier to pick out or something. Its always been like this though, and I didnt see anything wrong with it :/
Last edited by C S on Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby GR0 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:21 pm

My profile name you mean? I don't recall filling it out for those accounts... They're around 2 years old but I think the account names were Killer Rex and Ghost Raptor.
Edit: Yes I see those, but I was always PMed additional rules I never saw.
GR0
Worm
Worm

Postby C S » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:29 pm

.....PM'd additional rules? Explain please. Unless you did something unacceptable in the RPG (IE, doing things your character shouldnt be able to do/ setting up ridiculous circumstances) you would never get a PM. System doesnt work like that
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:29 pm

and both those profiles were active at the same time?

[the only RPG rules that aren't written are the ones that are general knowledge. things that logically aren't allowed. a T.Rex/Dragon/lion/whatever isn't human, bursting out and singing MC Hammer's Can't Touch This, for example.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby GR0 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:31 pm

I think there was atleast 1 month give or take between the initial posts of both accounts, but like I said it's been nearly 2 years so I honestly can't remember the old accounts very well. :/

Yeah the Rules I was always PMed additional RP rules for profiles that I never saw in the RP topic and profiles topic for that RP. They made joining an RP seem far more complex than it appeared.
GR0
Worm
Worm

Postby C S » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:36 pm

Which RPG/RPGs did you join? You wouldnt be PM'd unless you did something that voided common sense for that RPG (See KP's example)
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby GR0 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:37 pm

Isla Sorna Stories I think?
GR0
Worm
Worm

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:43 pm

well. Killer Rex doesn't exist. Ghost Raptor does, but has only one post. and it was made during a period of time i wasn't present.

as for rules, as mentioned before, the only chance a rule WON'T be mentioned in the rule list at the beginning of a topic is when the rule is so logical it doesn't need to be mentioned. things that couldn't possibly, regardless of circumstances, be allowed. example being a breakdancing raptor in ISS, or a snake that sings opera in the Animal RPG...etc etc etc.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:43 pm

First, it is stated in the rules that multiple accounts are against the rules. While I don't remember the accounts in question, its very likely one was deleted when we found that you had more then one.

Second, you can't just say "Oh well additional rules" and keep avoiding giving us ACTUAL EXAMPLES. Right now you could be talking through your *ss for all we know, not actually giving productive advice.
TyrannoTitan

Postby GR0 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:45 pm

One such rule I remember was characters must not have anything to do with another character until something happens between both characters in the actual RP.
How am I supposed to use my old accounts if I can't even log into them anyways?
GR0
Worm
Worm

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:50 pm

Use the "I forgot my password" feature?

And that falls under a common sense kind've thing. You, who just joined the RPG, say your character has a long history with Crusher, without asking for permission and sorting out the details with CRUSHER'S CREATOR?

Let me put it into perspective for you. You join an RPG. I join after, and my character's history describes said character almost killing your character 87 times, proving its superiority over yours before even its first post. How would that make you feel?
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Name: Emperius
Species: Amphicoelias fragillimus
Length: 58 Meters (190 Feet)
Weight: 122.4 Tons
Personality: Literally a gentle giant, prefers to be alone from other herbivores, and has no reason to fear carnivores considering his massive size can easily crush any carnivore (with the execption of Crusher) with his front-legs.
Description: Has dark-grey skin with a white under belly. His is literally whale-sized since his size actually does rival that of a Blue Whale. He also has scars from Crusher's multiple attempts of killing him. Many different species of Pterosaurs are seen resting on his back. He ended up where everyone else is by a (very) large boat that was transporting him to the mainland. The boat then sank less than a mile away from the shore since it couldn't handle a heavy load. Since the water wasn't deep, Emperius simply walked to the shore and continued to live in peace as he once done on Isla Sorna. But know he has unknowingly wandered into the territory of his old enemy, Crusher.

your post.

OOC: for gods sake! post profiles in the PROFILES TOPIC.
How many times must we repeat this over and over again?!
Beyond that, none of the boats sank before reaching the mainland. If it couldn't handle a heavy load, how in gods name did they get him ONTO it? and how did it manage to leave the island?
Seeing as your profile is posted here, its obvious that you didn't read the first page. Read it before you make another post, it will be obvious if you don't.

Also, unless you have worked out that history already with KP (unlikely as he isn't around atm) you shouldn't go ahead with it without his permission.
Apply common sense.
[end OOC]
-Doc42, Moderator

it wasn't PMs. it was public.

and his point was that you were making a history on your character based on mine, without contacting me first. basically, i may not have a spot in my history to accomodate your character existing. hence the problem.

not to mention, as TT said, that you're undermining my character's habits and reputation by saying he failed against yours repeatedly [if you contacted me about it i may or may not have agreed, depending on circumstances].
Last edited by The Kingpin on Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby GR0 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Then tell me, where in the RP topic did it say I must ask permission for that?
No it was PMs as well from Tyrannosaurus Titanus.
GR0
Worm
Worm

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:53 pm

I believe its stated under "common sense" in the 32535 RPing guides we have on the site.

But if you like, I'll add it to ISS rules right now.
TyrannoTitan

Postby GR0 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:57 pm

That would be very nice of you to add it if you could. Thank you.
Now I'm not trying to cause any trouble by me coming back here though, but let me just say that when I was first joining forums I was very different from most other people until about a year ago. I understand the trouble I have caused but now I'm just asking for a chance to fix all of my mistakes if that's ok with you.
GR0
Worm
Worm

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:00 pm

First, welcome.

Second, your signature picture itself is waaaay too big. The list below it makes it even longer, so please make it smaller. Until then, I have removed it.

Third, about your post in ISS...You should ONLY post profiles in the profile topic, not the RPG itself. Also, you can't automatically have your Sauropod treat Crusher like an "old enemy". To us, this character just popped out of no where, which means you can't insert it into another character's past. Only way that is acceptable is with The Kingpin's consent...and he is currently away from the site for school reasons.

Lastly, the plot for NYC had all dinosaurs transported from the start. They are ALL in NYC, unable to LEAVE NYC, and were all transported on the same few freight ships. If you missed the event, people are allowed to simply make characters already in NYC. So, the "Small boat sinking" part of your profile doesn't work...

And, just to clarify, yes, carnivores would be deterred from attacking the Sauropod, but it can't take out every carnivore save for Crusher.

Edit: Also, your IP is identical to Killer Rex's IP...having two accounts isn't allowed.

this is the PM TT sent you.

the points previously mentioned were addressed by him then. his points seem fairly clear to me. he even shows where the Killer Rex account went. it was deleted due to the rule regarding one account per person.

Personally, i have no problem with you joining the forums again. however, as can be expected, we have to sort out the dual account issue. choose which one you want to keep. the other will be deleted.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby GR0 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:03 pm

I have no plan to keep the Ghost Raptor account at all. I wish to keep the one I'm using now instead please.
GR0
Worm
Worm

Return to Site Stuff