Pets

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Postby UndeadRaptor » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:53 am

Get one, they're awesomely cool! And they never bite if you have them out of their cages... :D
"What's the plan?!" - random soldier, Mud and Blood 2.

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby Godzilla Forever » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:55 am

Phew.... they're not like guinea pigs then......
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby UndeadRaptor » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:03 am

Maybe a pair of Gerbils would be fine though, a 20 gallon glass aquarium is recommended for a single pair of them, anyways, and all you need to do is get them used to your hand, just put small treats in your palm, and hand-feed each one with one treat, so they get used to you. Also, if you do get gerbs, don't hold them for too long and never, EVER give them plastic. Give them wooden toys to chew on, and a metal ball they their paws won't get stuck in, their buck-like teeth grow forever, and without something to nibble on, they'll die of starvation from the teeth growing too long...
"What's the plan?!" - random soldier, Mud and Blood 2.

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:14 pm

My sweetheart, Angel again. Managed to get these pics before she woke up.

My mantis, chilling on my hand and arm. He's still kicking, though I'm expecting him to die soon. Mantises don't usually last for too long, I think, and he and his brothers and sisters hatched in spring.

And last, but certainly not least, this cutie. He's the kitten we rescued not long ago. We named him Oliver. He's happy and healthy, as far as we can tell, and loves getting into trouble. He eats constantly, earning him the nickname "Tapeworm" from my father. We're planning on taking him to the vet for the first time on the first of October, to see if he's got any problems to be worried about. We gave him a bath and combed him for fleas not long after we decided to keep him.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:21 pm

D'aw...

Adorable cats are adorable. Where'd you find the mantis?
TyrannoTitan

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:24 pm

Especially when they're sleeping. X3

I hatched him, with about 300 to 400 others, and let them all go in my backyard when they were tiny. This one came back. My sisters found him on the back porch and I figured why not keep him for a while?
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Evil Eye » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:37 pm

Awwww. Kitteh.

Shouldn't be keepin a mantis as a pet tho ;<
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:41 pm

Where'd you get the eggs?
TyrannoTitan

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:55 pm

TT: From Magic Wings. Why they sell mantis eggs at a butterfly house...I have no idea. But it was awesome, getting to see them all hatch.

EE: Why not? They're very tame, and so long as you keep them fed and watered, and take them out every now and then, they're happy. Easy to care for too.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:36 pm

Cool.

And IIRC its illegal in some states to own Mantises. But I think that deals with capturing wild ones, not egg-raised ones.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:44 pm

Maybe. if I'm breaking the law, I do so with pride. Because I have a MANTIS. :3

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Evil Eye » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:46 pm

For me, the reason is they're not meant to be kept in a box that's like 0.00000000001 the size of it's natural environment. I wasn't meaning to point fingers or accuse, just saying.
Also, TT, where dyou think those eggs come from? =p
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:06 am

Aww, cute kitty!
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Re:

Postby Sheriff Hoyt » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:08 am

Hopeflower wrote:Image

My mantis, chilling on my hand and arm. He's still kicking, though I'm expecting him to die soon. Mantises don't usually last for too long, I think, and he and his brothers and sisters hatched in spring.

Are you serious?! I have one too!

That's an old picture. He's an adult now. He'll be dead by winter though. Sadly.
Sheriff Hoyt
Mosquito
Mosquito

Re: Pets

Postby SniperSaurus » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:22 am

My older brother Zach, messing around with spam last winter.
"Hello, my name is Sheila, I am an Insane Rouge A.I." - Sheila

"I took a walk around the world to ease my troubled mind, I left my body lying somewere in the sands of time." -Kryptonite
-=Image=-
Good Boy.
SniperSaurus
Tarantula
Tarantula

Location: A tree, 5,000 yards from your current location, about to blow your head off.

Postby HorseGal » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:05 am

Aww what a beautiful husky!
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
"There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star." -Henry Thoreau
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby SniperSaurus » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:14 am

He's about 6 years now.

"I took a walk around the world to ease my troubled mind, I left my body lying somewere in the sands of time." -Kryptonite
-=Image=-
Good Boy.
SniperSaurus
Tarantula
Tarantula

Location: A tree, 5,000 yards from your current location, about to blow your head off.

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:21 am

Indeed, very cool dog, I've always liked Huskies. Though I can't help but ask: Why did you name him Spam, of all things?
TyrannoTitan

Postby SniperSaurus » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:26 am

Well you see, my lil bro Marcus, (Youngest) fell in love with him at my aunts house after her husky had pups, and we found him feeding spam beef, ( Shiska's Treat ) and when we tried to take both away he screamed, "NO SPAM!" (Idk where he got spam from) and he continued calling calling him spam all freaking day, he also pissed spam off by hugging him too much. -.-

It was more of my mom's choice, she thought it was " cute " to name him spam after that...

-=Image=-
Good Boy.
SniperSaurus
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:32 am

I see...very interesting story you got there :P
TyrannoTitan

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic