RPGT Logo and Symbol Competition

Enjoy drawing? Sculpting? Other types of art? Here's a place for it!

RPGT Logo and Symbol Competition

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:37 pm

This is where you post your submissions to the competition. i'll let it go on for a month and a half before i lock the submissions. The rules for this competition are as follows:

1) Simplicity. It shouldn't be too complex. make it as simple as you can while still embodying RPGT

2) Topicality. It must symbolise the essence of RPGT. what the site really is. game/anime characters/influences are not allowed, so stay on track. remember, this is RPGT, not *insert random game or anime name here*

3) They must be a Symbol and a Logo. wallpapers or bankground pics won't work.

4) Members cab submit as many different concepts as they like. afterall, these are concepts. it'll give us material to brainstorm with after the competition is over and we start discussing design

In the case of the logo, it is basically the site's name [RPGTopia/RPGT] done in a way that would fit as a sign. take the EA games logo, or the logo of Ford or Microsoft. all good examples. I have a pic of my idea of the RPGT Logo on a hat, in my art topic. I'm considering a cleaner version of that, but depending on opinions, i may stick with it's messy look for the sake of Character.

The Symbol is a picture that symbolises the site. take Toyota, Mercedes Benz or the EA logo.

Keep in mind that it is entirely possible for the logo to BE the symbol. some examples could mean them being the same. no problem with that. I intend to give an example of this with my own version later in the week

Submissions start today, and end on 19/11/2010 at 23:59 GMT
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: RPGT Logo and Symbol Competition

Postby C S » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:29 am

C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:41 am

^That looks pretty cool. Maybe clean up the blue part in the middle a little.
Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with here.
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:10 am

Not as complex as CS' design, yeah. <_> But if I kept screwing with it I would've ruined it.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:35 am

I'll be getting onto this soon. Looks like fun.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:29 am

both impressive, though i'm afraid HF's isn't applicable. if you want to try and picture it, imagine it as one of those buttons/badges you get at certain kinds of celebrations, to put on your clothes. it has to be self contained. the symbol can't hav stuff around it. in this case, the eyes.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby SniperSaurus » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:31 am

I really like Compy's, Im thinking we might use it for the site, so far so good, seeing as theres no others.
"Hello, my name is Sheila, I am an Insane Rouge A.I." - Sheila

"I took a walk around the world to ease my troubled mind, I left my body lying somewere in the sands of time." -Kryptonite
-=Image=-
Good Boy.
SniperSaurus
Tarantula
Tarantula

Location: A tree, 5,000 yards from your current location, about to blow your head off.

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:49 am

you guys have till November 19th. a month and a half. not bad for the first day.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:11 pm

I can see CS's looking really amazing if it were to be "3D"d it in photoshop or some other program.
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:06 pm

an extra rule added. Members can make as many concepts as they like. afterall, in essence, this is a brainstorming topic. no single logo will become the site logo in itself. there will be a discussion later to see which ones the members like most, and then we'll discuss incorperating them into a single Logo. i intend to let you guys be the ones to build RPGT's icon. the symbol people will see when we release videos. the symbol they'll see at the top of the site. it'll be our icon. our figurehead. our representative. our flag, in a sense. so yeah.

don't worry if your art isn't that good. these are concepts. i'm hardly gonna sketch the logo and plaster it at the top of the site just like that. once we finally have our logo, i intend to pay someone to do it for us professionally. and like i said, if you can't draw, describe. make use of your experience in RPGs and be descriptive.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby C S » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:55 pm

Last edited by C S on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:28 pm

Showed the idea to KP. He liked it so I figured...why not post it?
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby SniperSaurus » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:29 pm

Its okay, but its a little too....... uhm, black and white.
"Hello, my name is Sheila, I am an Insane Rouge A.I." - Sheila

"I took a walk around the world to ease my troubled mind, I left my body lying somewere in the sands of time." -Kryptonite
-=Image=-
Good Boy.
SniperSaurus
Tarantula
Tarantula

Location: A tree, 5,000 yards from your current location, about to blow your head off.

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:52 pm

remember. Simplicity is an important element. I've made a few concepts of my own. saving them for when i close the competition. problem with my concepts is that i have a chronic issue with complexity. you can see it in just about anything i do. posts i write, pics i draw, character designs. that's one reason why i'm withholding it. i want to see ingenuity. simplicity is beauty. the simpler it is, the easier it is for someone to remember. meaning that people will remember it for longer. it's why the Apple logo is so well known. aside from it's business, it's logo is extremely simple. a partially eaten apple. given the choice between Apple and, for example, Ubisoft, odds are, from a neutral point of view, you'll forget Ubisoft's logo before you forget Apple's. another example. take Chevrolet's logo, and then look at Alfa Romeo. odds are, from a neutral point of view, you'll remember Chevrolet's logo long after you've forgotten Alfa Romeo's. because the latter is more complex. HF's logo is good because it's simple.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:15 pm

Kingpin wrote:I've made a few concepts of my own. saving them for when i close the competition.

Stupid and makes no sense. WTF is the point in brain storming if eveyone decides to with hold their ideas till the end?
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:37 pm

breeds ingenuity. i was actually considering having members send their submissions to me directly. that way there would be less chance of submissions being similar to eachother. but then that may give the impression that nobody's doing it, which will have a negative impact on the whole thing, discouraging members from submitting based on the principle of 'eh. i'll bet only one or two have done any'. so the public submissions are a necessary evil...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:13 am

well guys. it's the 16th. 29 days left to the deadline. no pressure....but try to keep the deadline in mind...submissions won't be accepted after that...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:00 pm

The Kingpin wrote:that way there would be less chance of submissions being similar to eachother.

Why's that a bad thing? Sometimes it's not the original creation or invention that's the true genius, but the better versions of it, in art and otherwise. What if someone took another's idea and built on it, and it turned out to be good?
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:07 pm

possible, but then when i end up taking one of the ideas and making it a primary part of the logo, other members who also made versions that were either branched off of it, or were prerequisite to it, may take offense. [some. not everyone]. wonder why that one got it and not theirs, for example. but eh. it's a fair suggestion. i have incorperated parts of HF's most recent logo example into one of my own. my attempt at my idea of incorperating members' logo suggestions into one final major one, to see how it would work. fairly pleased with the results...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:46 am

The Kingpin wrote:possible, but then when i end up taking one of the ideas and making it a primary part of the logo, other members who also made versions that were either branched off of it, or were prerequisite to it, may take offense. [some. not everyone]. wonder why that one got it and not theirs, for example. but eh. it's a fair suggestion. i have incorperated parts of HF's most recent logo example into one of my own. my attempt at my idea of incorperating members' logo suggestions into one final major one, to see how it would work. fairly pleased with the results...

Well, those same people may take offense if their unsimilar drawing were rejected too, you cant really go by that IMO =p
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Next

Return to General Art