Animal RPG

Where good and bad RPGs and E-wars go to die.

Re: Animal RPG

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:29 am

Seeing Amani head into the cave, Kubwa sighed. the lion glanced towards Night, ducking low and moving just a bit closer so he could see her and the one she was speaking to closely...he had to make sure she wouldn't be ambushed unprotected...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby UndeadRaptor » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:24 am

Amani soon turned to the other dead, nearly untouched tapir nearby, before digging into it's flank, tearing off some meat for herself and Lusa. As she ripped into the body's side, she pulled out the liver and ripped it into 3 different pieces, before eating her part and carrying the other to Lusa, finishing her meal for the morning. She stopped at one point and put the meat down to yawn and stretch, before picking it back up and continuing towards the black wolf pup inside of the cave...
"What's the plan?!" - random soldier, Mud and Blood 2.

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:23 pm

Lusa pricked her ears and looked up at Amani. "Thanks, Amani," she barked, sitting up. Her tail gave a few thumps against the floor of the cave.

Mahu's ear twitched at the nearly inaudible sound of a pup's bark, and his spirits fell a little. Did she already have a mate? He wanted to ask her, but he held his tongue and listened intently as she went on, "When my parents announced they were going to bring us somewhere new, I was the only one who objected. My father, stubborn and hotheaded as he was, told me that if I didn't go with them they'd leave me behind. I don't remember exactly what we said next, but I know it wasn't exactly complimentary..." She shifted a bit, looking around, surprised to find that Amani had vanished. She couldn't see Kubwa either...and Nguvu and Uzuri had slipped off together a little while ago. "So I ended up taking care of myself. Hunting what I could, living alone, with the only contact I had with other wolves being the occasional howl and short conversation." She chuckled suddenly, surprising Mahu. "And then Lusa ran into me." The tan wolf cocked his head and twitched one ear questioningly. "Lusa...?" he growled. "A small black pup I took in," Night explained. "And on the same day I met Nguvu...one of the lions I live with here." Mahu nodded. I don't understand why she would want to live with big cats, he thought, but I guess it's a smart move. Big cats and a protective mother are better protection than said protective mother alone.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:57 pm

Kubwa listened silently as Night told her story to the wolf. his impression of the wolf had softened considerably as he heard. life had been rough for her. The lion adjusted his position slightly to get a clearer view and to let him listen more easily...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby UndeadRaptor » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:01 pm

Amani dropped the piece of liver down to Lusa before growling, "you do seem to have nothing to do all alone in here, Lusa. How about we have some fun for a bit?" She looked down at the pup, but took a quick glance back and watched the unsteady stream of the waterfall descend down behind the rocky platform into the lake, turning back quickly. She remembered that wolf that had been with Night out there before she came into the cave with Lusa in it. "Is she all ok out there?" Amani quickly thought to herself, but shook it off, knowing any dangers outside the cave could've been handled by Kubwa...

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:38 pm

Mahu murmured his sympathies. "I miss my family sometimes," Night went on after a short pause. "But...I know that wherever they are...they're probably having an easier time than they would have if they stayed by the cliffs." She shrugged. "And I can't blame them really. My parents were just thinking of us...they didn't want to lose any more of us."

Lusa almost pounced on the piece of liver, gnawing hungrily at it for several moments before gulping down the last scraps. After nosing around to be sure she hadn't missed any, she looked up at Amani. "I don't know the best places to play around here yet," she yipped, tipping her head to one side. "Do you?"
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:43 pm

a rumbling roar in the distance sounded out, Kubwa's ears perking up at it, a momentary smile on his face. shifting forward a bit his paw got snagged between a pair of twigs, or roots. the lion couldn't tell. but as he pulled his paw loose, a loud snap sounded off and he reeled backwards, falling on his back, his tail flailing in the air for a moment, his paws upwards. an embarrassed groan came from the lion as he rolled onto his feet. why did this always happen to him? the Lion got up, staring towards Night, an awkward smile on his face...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby UndeadRaptor » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:49 pm

Amani gazed down at Lusa after a few moments of have a completely blank expression on her face, rumbling, "sorry, Lusa. I haven't found any good places to play at yet, but we could find some things to do around here for a while." She didn't feel like going outside of the cave with Lusa and bother Night, Kubwa and that tan wolf with the pup's mother, but that wasn't her only reason. She also didn't want Lusa to feel scared in anyway if that stranger had caused something terrible to happen to the pup's mother, or worse...

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:01 pm

Night stared down at Kubwa in surprise. Mahu's pale green eyes were wide, whether from fear or surprise at the lion's abrupt entrance, Night couldn't tell. She let out a soft chuckled and growled, "Are you alright, Kubwa?"

Lusa's tail began to wag. "Okay."

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:07 pm

"Um....I think so...Dunno who put that....root...twig...thing there though" grunted the Lion with a shrug as he licked a paw. "Sorry for interrupting"...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby UndeadRaptor » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:15 pm

"Uh, Lusa? Could you stay here for a moment while I go check on something?" Amani growled, concern being shown in her voice as she walked to the cave entrance to check on Night and Kubwa. As she padded out, she turned back to see the wolf pup, before looking back the way she was, before passing by the waterfall seeing Night, Kubwa and what she thought was their new friend, who was the strange wolf that had walked to their home. She walked back into the cave, and with a low rumble, asked, "Well, Lusa. I could teach you how to swim now, if you want to..."

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:21 pm

Night's maw curved in a smile. "Don't worry about it."

Lusa's ears pricked. "Do lions swim? I've never seen one. I've seen jaguars and leopards swim though. And a striped cat once, but I don't know what that one's called." She wagged her tail harder. "Do wolves swim?"

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby UndeadRaptor » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:27 pm

"Well, I certainly do swim, so does Kubwa. I'm not sure if much other lions actually swim, but I have seen wolves do it plently of times, Lusa. Come on, let's go!" Amani growled somewhat excitedly as she waited for Lusa to come with her. The lioness stood and pawed at some rocks, pushing them hard at the waterfall as she watched the wolf pup's tail wag even harder than what it was, a small smile spreading across the lioness' face...

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:39 pm

It wasn't long before Nguvu re-entered the clearing, an expression of happiness and satisfaction on his face, the lion feeling as if he were walking on clouds. it was a fact that didn't escape his younger brother's keen senses. he could tell in an instant what had happened. "Someone's happy" growled the lion lowly as he eyed Night, tilting his head in the direction of the male...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:53 pm

Night took in Nguvu's expression and watched as, a few moments later, Uzuri appeared. The white wolf was almost too slow to turn an amused snort into a cough. "Indeed," she growled. "I dare say in the near future there may be the patter of tiny paws around here."

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:08 pm

"Hopefully more than one kind, too" growled Kubwa with a smirk, though it was so low it'd be difficult to understand. Nguvu meanwhile slowed till Uzuri was at his side, pressing against her flank as his tail wrapped around hers affectionately...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:23 pm

Night twitched one ear, only catching part of what Kubwa said. She cocked her head, giving the lion a curious look as Mahu watched the mates' progression towards the cave. They looked so...happy. So in love. As he watched, the female smiled and touched her nose to the male's shoulder affectionately. A stab of envy struck him, but he pushed it away. I've only just met her, he reminded himself again.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:58 pm

As the lions entered the cave, Nguvu eyed Amani and Lusa, paying them little mind as he lead Uzuri up to their spot. nothing could describe how he felt right now. he had never felt so happy in his life. the lion's rumbling purr seemed to reverberate not only in his chest, but in those of Uzuri, Amani and Lusa, seeming to echo in the cave itself...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:24 pm

Lusa had started after Amani when Nguvu and Uzuri arrived. Distracted, the pup watched the two curiously. They looked happy...and like some adult cuddling was about to take place. She knew that wasn't something she wanted to watch...and besides, she wanted to learn to swim. She scampered to Amani's side and yipped, "Let's go!"

Uzuri's own purr joined Nguvu's, the white lioness happier than she could remember being in a long time. She was also a little nervous despite looking forward to the future - this would be her first litter of cubs. she wanted to be a good mother to them, and she knew her mate would be a wonderful father. She supposed she could always ask Night for advice when she needed it; though Lusa was not Night's pup by relation, the white wolf was obviously raising Lusa well.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby UndeadRaptor » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:28 am

Amani just looked down at Lusa and walked ahead of her towards the lake in response, getting ready to teach the wolf pup how to swim for her first time. She greeted her sister and Nguvu with a calm growl as she exited the cave, walking onto the grass towards the bank of the pool of water, getting close enough to lower her paw into it. She walked further up into the lake and began to start swimming, growling, "ok, Lusa, just watch my legs and paws, and you try doing the same afterwards..."

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

PreviousNext

Return to RPG/E-war Graveyard