Most horrible gaming experience

Video game reviews and discussion.

Most horrible gaming experience

Postby Ins3kt » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:45 pm

Write down your worst experiences in gaming.

Call of Duty. After MW2, the community became an absolute mess. All "Oh our games better than so game because of the number of people playing it", or "Our game sold 7 million copies in a day, go f*** yourself".

My god. I was put off COD by that show. I got both those comments in one match of the fail game that is MW2. They started screaming at me when I pointed out that this game had bad balancing.
"Mankind has become so enthralled, so captivated in killing one another, that he forgets- if the enemy is in range, so is the attacker." - Ins3kt
Ins3kt
House fly
House fly

Re: Most horrible gaming experience

Postby Shadow » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:56 pm

Losing all your progress in any game by a freak shutdown/freeze/explosion/etc

Happened to me on several occasions. Dawn Of War mainly but also ZTC2. I had such armies, such zoos. BAM. All gone. Now I save regularly, but it was still a blow.

Also, being pursued by the same person over and over in a game. For me, this was Tribes 2. One person sees you, you dead. There's no saving grace. Your just dead. Also a freak explosion there hurts too, but not as much.

But freak glitches are the worst. My pokemon LeafGreen GBA game. Had loadsa stuff on it (See Pokemon Game Topic for list.) and turned it on one time. BAM. New Game? No. Options? No. I want to Continue the game which I had SO MUCH STUFF ON. /rage

Lag murders things too. Especially in multiplayer RT shooters. Like T2 for instance. Move for 1 second. Bleeeeep. 2 second lag. Rinse repeat. Shooting someone with or who has lag is horrendously tediou.s It bonuses you though, since your very hard to hit xD
When you want it the most there's no easy way out
When you're ready to go and your heart's left in doubt
Don't give up on your faith
Love comes to those who believe it
And that's the way it is
Shadow
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:54 pm

Campers. OH MY GOD CAMPERS. When people find a place that can't be reached by normal people..... my friend chris loves doing htis. It makes the game unfun and terribly boring.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Ins3kt » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:55 pm

Godzilla Forever wrote:Campers. OH MY GOD CAMPERS. When people find a place that can't be reached by normal people..... my friend chris loves doing htis. It makes the game unfun and terribly boring.

Modern Warfare 2... :p
"Mankind has become so enthralled, so captivated in killing one another, that he forgets- if the enemy is in range, so is the attacker." - Ins3kt
Ins3kt
House fly
House fly

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:56 pm

And Halo... I HATE campers in Halo. Of course, I always figure out where they are and stick them with a Plasma Grenade to take them with me.
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby SniperSaurus » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:02 pm

Gaylo 3 Finish the night
Gaylo 4 : The fall of the Reich

And who comes up with these? Jesus ...

And im one of those campers, with a sniper rifle. I tend to piss ppl off.
"Hello, my name is Sheila, I am an Insane Rouge A.I." - Sheila

"I took a walk around the world to ease my troubled mind, I left my body lying somewere in the sands of time." -Kryptonite
-=Image=-
Good Boy.
SniperSaurus
Tarantula
Tarantula

Location: A tree, 5,000 yards from your current location, about to blow your head off.

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:12 pm

Well, yeah. It's no fun then. Is that why you gave yourself the alias Snipersaurus?
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby SniperSaurus » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:20 pm

Nah, thats just Halo I do that in. Every game I play, if you can snipe, thats what I do. I hide, and I snipe the cuss outta people. Unless its modernwarfare. Then its quickscopes. Or noscopes, or silentshots, or tilt shots (Only pulled lik 12 of these off :( and then theres 360s, wich Ive only done one of, and then third eye, wich ive never gotten.

"I took a walk around the world to ease my troubled mind, I left my body lying somewere in the sands of time." -Kryptonite
-=Image=-
Good Boy.
SniperSaurus
Tarantula
Tarantula

Location: A tree, 5,000 yards from your current location, about to blow your head off.

Postby Ins3kt » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:37 pm

Modern Warfare 2 has twice the campers of all games combined. Really.
Ins3kt
House fly
House fly

Postby SniperSaurus » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:41 pm

I am proudly one of them, but I call it snipeing.

-=Image=-
Good Boy.
SniperSaurus
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby Ins3kt » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:54 pm

SniperSaurus wrote:I am proudly one of them, but I call it snipeing.

I am a sniper, but I dont stay in one spot.
Ins3kt
House fly
House fly

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:39 am

That's what snipers are, though. If you have a superior position, you usually stay there. Camping is exploiting corners and so forth. Like on the MW2 level with the airport, inside the plane. Standing inside the one end allows you to ambush most people, except those who know you're there. THAT is camping. Hiding behind a corner with a shotgun is camping. But sniping from a high position without moving is not.

Administrative cap on.

SniperSaurus wrote:Gaylo 3 Finish the night
Gaylo 4 : The fall of the Reich

Keep your homophobic comments to yourself. We don't need that sh*t on the site.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Giratina93 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:57 am

What I most hate is when either savestates or automatic checkpoints screw you over on a game...

Best example to date: On Halo: Reach, the second to final level, where your protecting Halsey's lab from the Covenant... I was doing it on Legendary with a few skulls on, (Namely Tilt, Catch, Tough Luck, Cowbell, Thunderstorm, Grunt Birthday Party, and IWHBYD skull). I had gotten seperated on the opposite side of the glacier from the rest of Noble Team as I went off to take down a Wraith. the SECOND I took it down, a checkpoint appeared, and I had pratically ZIP ammo & grenades left. Between me and the nearest turret, let alone Noble Team, was a sea of Brutes, Grunts, a few Jackles, one or two Elites, and a Ghsot... It was not a pretty experience as I got shot time after time AFTER TIME!

Oh, and I also hate snipers...

Just gonna get into my tan-* Gets head shotted from across the map. Insert ragequitting*

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Ins3kt » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:20 am

Giratina93 wrote:What I most hate is when either savestates or automatic checkpoints screw you over on a game...

Best example to date: On Halo: Reach, the second to final level, where your protecting Halsey's lab from the Covenant... I was doing it on Legendary with a few skulls on, (Namely Tilt, Catch, Tough Luck, Cowbell, Thunderstorm, Grunt Birthday Party, and IWHBYD skull). I had gotten seperated on the opposite side of the glacier from the rest of Noble Team as I went off to take down a Wraith. the SECOND I took it down, a checkpoint appeared, and I had pratically ZIP ammo & grenades left. Between me and the nearest turret, let alone Noble Team, was a sea of Brutes, Grunts, a few Jackles, one or two Elites, and a Ghsot... It was not a pretty experience as I got shot time after time AFTER TIME!

Oh, and I also hate snipers...

Just gonna get into my tan-* Gets head shotted from across the map. Insert ragequitting*

Yeah well I'm playing Tip of The Spear on legendary (no skulls) and I decide to get a checkpoint right when a wraith mortar blasts me from damn nowhere. Annoying.
Ins3kt
House fly
House fly

Postby dinoman666 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:33 am

The real sniper strategy, though, is to move immediately. The last you want is to get spotted.

I also had a terrible checkpoint experience on Long Night of Solace. My Sabre literally exploded right after a checkpoint. I had to restart the level... :facepalm3:
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Ins3kt » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:35 am

dinoman666 wrote:The real sniper strategy, though, is to move immediately. The last you want is to get spotted.

I also had a terrible checkpoint experience on Long Night of Solace. My Sabre literally exploded right after a checkpoint. I had to restart the level... :facepalm3:

I know. I get a killtrocity four times in one game by quickscoping.
Ins3kt
House fly
House fly

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:53 am

I'm a melee beast. I enjoy rushing my prey head on........

Anyways, as for bad checkpoints: On the Tsavo highway, I lost my hog. Stuck on foot with like 10 choppers rushing me. And I've only got a battle rifle and two grenades. It took me a while to get through that one.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Ins3kt » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:55 am

On Modern warfare 2, I spawned and got killed by a predator missile. I respawned then got killed by a harrier.

Wanna hear another one? I joined the game and then we lost.
Ins3kt
House fly
House fly

Postby UndeadRaptor » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:56 am

Worst experience ever? Getting rushed by xenomorphs on AvP 3 while playing survival in a corner with nothing more than a pulse rifle. I never made it, but the guy I was with (had a flamethrower) barely survived, and roasted all of the xeno players. We won the game cause he was later killed, by me... Kind of a bad playthrough for both me and the enemy team.
"What's the plan?!" - random soldier, Mud and Blood 2.

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby Shadow » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:16 pm

dinoman666 wrote:The real sniper strategy, though, is to move immediately. The last you want is to get spotted.

I was just about to say, pro snipers only ever stay still when firing a shot. I have a T2 Mod sniping guide. No-one here plays T2, but it's worth a shot right?

Sniper
A sniper is a highly trained marksman who shoots targets from concealed positions or distances exceeding the capabilities of regular personnel. Snipers typically have specialized training and distinct high-precision rifles.

In addition to marksmanship, military snipers are also trained in camouflage, field craft, infiltration, reconnaissance and observation. Snipers are especially effective when deployed within the urban terrain of urban warfare.

In most modern FPS games, a 'sniper' is a guy with the DSR (designated sniper rifle) of the game. Some games, such as Massive Action Game and Modern Warfare 2, offer you the ability to get a little more customized, giving you a better fit for the description above. Tribes, however, is so much more robust than the average FPS that being a sniper (as defined above) is completely feasible. Most players claim to be snipers, but the reality is that they are incredible marksmen.

While standing on top of mountains, hills and other landmarks gives you a better view of the battlefield, it also exposes you and leaves you wide open.

If a sniper stands in the dips and valleys of the visible hill line, they are more camouflaged than their counterparts who try to get better shots.

In the event that you realize you have been discovered, you have an escape route. Using the slope, you can pick up momentum and quickly get behind another hill before a defender can get to your position. If you cannot get behind another hill, at least you will be far enough way that your rifle will still be effective while whatever he has won't.

The jamming beacon negates the awesome 'no matter what' scanning power of the pulse sensor. Jamming makes you invisible on the enemy's map, as well as removes the IFF indicator from enemies. Basically, you become nearly impossible to spot with the naked eye, and that becomes the only way to find you at a distance. Using the combination of 'dips' and the jammer beacon, a sniper becomes untraceable if nobody saw his laser. (This is T2 specific)

It is important that a sniper continuously moves and finds new positions. Otherwise, your chances of being caught flat-footed increase exponentially. Up till this point, this guide has been focused on how to be a valuable sniper in the context of Tribes 2.(Read. Only some of this guide applies to all sniping.) The rest will be how to adapt this information for being a sniper in Meltdown 2. (All this can be ignored if you like, but would provide useful tips in sniping, should any of the things mentioned here suddenly become available)

The big difference between T2 sniping and MD2 sniping is the gear. One major deviation comes in this point - several Scout packs are also permanent jammer packs. He is invisible on the enemy map and not obvious to the enemy's eye.

The 'cloak snipers,' as I've heard them called, do what the average sharpshooter or marksman does...except they are harder to see because they are cloaked and harder to track because they're using bullets instead of lasers. In this kind of instance, all the cloak does is delay how soon it will be before somebody discovers you and offs you. Only by utilizing the terrain in the manner mentioned above can a MD2 sniper have any hope of operating under total camouflage.

30.06 caliber shots and poison darts are the choice attacks for snipers. These projectiles are incredibly difficult to see in flight, making them difficult to track back to a guy who has no IFF indicator, or even worse, cloaked. These two shots, and even the mass driver in some cases, are the bread and butter of the sniper. The psychological effect on an enemy player, light, medium or heavy, is strong, because even if you do kill them with one shot, they still know you're out there. For heavies, even the observant ones, tagging them with poison puts a bug in their mind.

To conclude:
A sniper is a highly trained marksman who shoots targets from concealed positions or distances exceeding the capabilities of regular personnel. Snipers typically have specialized training and distinct high-precision rifles.

In addition to marksmanship, military snipers are also trained in camouflage, field craft, infiltration, reconnaissance and observation. Snipers are especially effective when deployed within the urban terrain of urban warfare.

Everything about sniping in MD2, with the exception of the urban terrain, fits the bill of a real sniper.

If this counts as spam advertising or something like that I'll remove it. Just thought it'd be helpful.

Oooh campers are annoying. So very annoying.
When you want it the most there's no easy way out
When you're ready to go and your heart's left in doubt
Don't give up on your faith
Love comes to those who believe it
And that's the way it is
Shadow
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Return to General Games