RPGT Logo and Symbol Competition

Enjoy drawing? Sculpting? Other types of art? Here's a place for it!

Re: RPGT Logo and Symbol Competition

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:37 am

the final logo won't be any of these in and of itself. it'll be a cocktail of several. i'll take the most popular elements of each and put them into one. so, if several similar logos all have the same feature in a different way, it becomes much, much more difficult to use examples of them all, because they're overlapping on the same concept.say for example someone made a 7 pointed star as part of their logo design. but people like it as much as CS' 4 pointed star in his first post. because they're both extremely popular they'd both have to be given attention. but because they're overlapping concepts [in that they're both stars] i would have to scrap one and go with the other. whereas, for example, if someone were to come up with a crescent [just an example], i could have the crescent curve around the bottom of the 4 pointed star and frame it. then i've got both design concepts in one. see what i mean?
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:31 pm

Yeah, I suppose.
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Shadow » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:47 pm

Ta-Da! Not the official entry, but my entire family suggested I use this, so I'm just gonna throw it in as a possibiliy.

I know the site snot about Dinosaurs(with spikes) but like I said. Just a thought.

The actual idea i had in mind will be uploaded late,r possibly tomorrow.

I can scale it down if ya like xD This is just the fullsize thingy.
When you want it the most there's no easy way out
When you're ready to go and your heart's left in doubt
Don't give up on your faith
Love comes to those who believe it
And that's the way it is
Shadow
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:47 pm

interesting. i look forward to seeing your official entry.

just a heads up to all: you have 11 days left. after that i close the competition and we begin discussing the entries and the best elements in each.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:23 pm

Due to apparent severe distraction for the majority of the members, the deadline of the logo competition has been pushed back to the 1st of January 2011, 00:00 GMT.

On new year's we close the competition. keep in mind that if you haven't particpated in the construction of the logo by then, chances are you won't participate at all, aside from discussing various concepts with the setup of the logo when we start that discussion

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Shadow » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:18 pm

I've changed my mind. Real Life is taking a large toll on my spare time, so I'm going to suggest my earlier entry to be my official one.

The orignal was going to be a simple cross, with RPGT in the three thirds, and another was RPGT in a yin yang in them iddle, with an Amphithere and a Snake coiling around the outside.
And that's the way it is
Shadow
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:29 am

well we want to try and avoid religious references, and a cross, regardless of intention, will likely be seen as such. the Yin Yang symbol, though also a symbol carried by a religion [Taoism i think], is mostly popular for meaning equilibrium. peace. harmony. completion. so it's passable. the fact it's the symbol of a religion isn't common knowledge as far as i know.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Giratina93 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:46 am

Wait, an Ampharos? Ohhhh! That sounds quite lovely...

I know I have an entry lying around here somewhere... Now where did I put it?

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Shadow » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:36 am

KP: I shoulda said X. Sorry bout that

Gira: Amphithere. Otherwise known as the Feathered Serpent.
And that's the way it is
Shadow
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:25 pm

@ Shadow: Aww man, feathers are HELL to draw...... good luck with it, my friend. I'm not going to be able to do this, unfortunately, but I'll be looknig forward to what pops up in here!
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:25 am

crap. can't believe i completely forgot this.

Alright. Thanks to a collective punctuality-fail on our part, I've decided to extend the deadline late September. September 24th to be precise. this'll give you all summer to come up with an idea and draw it. this time I'll be keeping track. if by then you haven't got your suggestion in, you have lost your chance to contribute majorly to the logo design. There will still be chances in the conceptualising stage once the submissions are in, of course. Like i said, the final logo will, if all goes according to plan, be a cocktail of all the members' ideas. This is your chance to contribute to the making of RPGTopia's appearance to the world. Anyone who comes here will see your contribution in the logo. Don't waste your chance.

following Doc's suggestions earlier, I've decided that it'd be a good idea to start sharing logo designs as soon as you produce them. In the end it'll give us a better result. drawing inspiration from eachother.

For a start, here's one of the concept designs i have in mind. at the moment it's plain black and white. haven't digitalised it or anything yet. will do so later

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:13 pm

Wow. I forgot about this too....
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby SniperSaurus » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:00 pm

I cant seem to rezise it atm, my computers all messed up and lagging like a mother atm.

Anyone like it?
"Hello, my name is Sheila, I am an Insane Rouge A.I." - Sheila

"I took a walk around the world to ease my troubled mind, I left my body lying somewere in the sands of time." -Kryptonite
-=Image=-
Good Boy.
SniperSaurus
Tarantula
Tarantula

Location: A tree, 5,000 yards from your current location, about to blow your head off.

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:17 am

interesting design, but i'll have to see a larger version of this to give you a critique about it...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby SniperSaurus » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:23 am

I still like your idea of the uroburos.
"Hello, my name is Sheila, I am an Insane Rouge A.I." - Sheila

"I took a walk around the world to ease my troubled mind, I left my body lying somewere in the sands of time." -Kryptonite
-=Image=-
Good Boy.
SniperSaurus
Tarantula
Tarantula

Location: A tree, 5,000 yards from your current location, about to blow your head off.

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:37 am

took it for symbolic meaning. The Ouroboros is eternal. it symbolises endlessness. infinity. in other words, the idea that RPGTopia will remain forever. And if i have anything to say about it, it will. hence the symbol.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:24 am

Well, it'll last forever, as long as he never finishes eating himself. :P Nice symbolism, though.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Previous

Return to General Art