Best of the past decade awards

Movie reviews and discussion.

Best of the past decade awards

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:53 am

Well, this is it, my fellow RPers- 2010 is coming to a close, and we've seen many good (and bad) flicks in the past decade of cinematography. Here, you may name a film (or more, if you so please) for each of the catagories:

Best film of the Decade (2000-2010): This is pretty self explanatory. Decide which film you think was the greatest of them all overall; be sure to explain why!

Best special effects: Best effects for a movie of the decade. Here, you may make a top five for either movies as a whole, or sequences that stood out to you in particular films.

Best acting: Decide which film (or films) you think had the most superb acting out of all the films.

Best music: Decide which film )or films) you tihnk had the most superior music of the whole decade.

Have fun, and I hope you enjoy thinking about this!
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Re: Best of the past decade awards

Postby Giratina93 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:44 am

WARNING! Due to me not exactly being the best in terms of memory, this list may be highly inaccurate. All examples are those that I can easilly remember...

Best film of the Decade: The Expendables. Now, I LOVE dakka, and THIS film truly just blew anything else I saw made this decade out of the water... DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!

Best Special Effects: Avatar. Now, the movie itself is rather cruddy, but, WOW! It just looks so dang good. James Cameron REALLY came a LONG way in how well his Special Effects team does...

Best Acting: Godzilla FInal Wars. Don Frye... Need I explain? :wink:

Best Music shall come on a later update...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:18 am

I should probably put mine up, eh? :P

Best film: The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. The first two were pretty awesome, but WOW! This one was epic by all definitions of the word "epic". Runner up: Peter Jackson's King Kong

Best special effects: For a movie as a whole, this goes to PJ's King Kong. Not only does the jungle look good, but all the monsters look so good, you sometimes forget it's all CGI.

For a sequence, it is, HANDS DOWN, Gandalf's fight with the Balrog while falling in The Two Towers. I my jaw dropped when I saw that the first time.

Best Acting: This is a tough one, but I'd say it is a tie between Star Wars episode 3 and The Fellowship of the Ring. Oh, District 9 is good too.

Best Music: Definitely The LotR series.
Last edited by Godzilla Forever on Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:51 pm

Best film: Probably a tie between Avatar, Alpha and Omega, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (part 1)

Best special effects: Hmm. Avatar had really impressive special effects.

Best acting: A tie between Avatar and The Deathly Hallows.

Best music: Music isn't really something I take into account when judging a move.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:00 pm

Best Film: How To Train Your Dragon.

Best Special Effects: King Kong (2005)

Best Acting: How To Train Your Dragon.

Best Music: How To Train Your Dragon (By 13257235 miles).

Ya, my list is boring :P
TyrannoTitan

Postby PeacefulChaos » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:21 pm

Best Film: Toy Story 3. As for no animation, Inception. I just watched it tonight. It tops anything I've ever seen.
Runner up: Blood Diamond

Best Special Effects: The Dark Knight

Best Acting: Shutter Island and Blood Diamond. Even if the ending was obvious for some, the switch over in the moods was hard to catch onto.

Best Music: The Dark Knight. Hans Zimmer FTW.
Last edited by PeacefulChaos on Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
To keep track:
Amynta - Apatosaurus
Ripto - Velociraptor
Sheila - Velociraptor
Kujo - Stegosaurus
PeacefulChaos
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby Evil Eye » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:11 am

Best film of the Decade (2000-2010): Either Inception or LOTR.

Best special effects: First that came to mind was Revenge Of The Sith, dunno for sure though.

Best acting: POTC, Johnny Depp was fantastic in all 3.

Best music: Easily LOTR. Howard Shore is underrated.
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Return to General Movies