Fantasy Matches

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Re: Fantasy Matches

Postby Giratina93 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:38 pm

I know that the logic in Godzilla films is already quite shattered, but the whole Kumonga scene just out-does EVERYTHING else... Even the very laws of physics fail that scene (Yes, I know Godzilla breaks the Square/Cube law by a MASSIVE degree, and the Nuclear Radiation also breaks logic, but seriously...)

Here's the thing... in MOST of the Godzilla films in the 90's and 2000's, atleast physics were sorta realistic. However, there are a few scenes so stupid and out of wack that most fans tend to ignore them when debating (The Kumonga scene, the Black Hole from GxM, and the Mushroom Cloud from GMK) However, FW has pratically NO laws of Physics AT ALL!, due to it being such a massive ripoff of the Matrix (as well as a host of other popular movies), while the rest of the later films atleast try and follow physics... sorta...

NVM... FW takes place in it's own universe, along with most of the other Millenium films, so Physics there don't even exist...

Time for me to take a break... I've gone brain-dead just remembering the stupidity of FW...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:43 pm

I'm not arguing that FW was not completely stupid. It was. But we can't use that fact to say the monsters Godzilla defeated in it don't count. If you want to compare power, you can't limit what he is capable of because you believe its unrealistic.

Otherwise Showa Godzilla would be as powerful as a stump.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:27 am

FW may be stupid, but it's a fun ride.

Anyways, now that I think about it, it'd be a tie.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:55 am

Alright. I've got another match for you guys to discuss:

Elite Zealot vs Jedi.

The elite Zealot has an energy sword and a plasma pistol to compensate for his lack of special powers.

This should be an intertesting match.... albeit a quick one, as it is pretty dependent on who gets the first strike.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:38 am

Hmmm. Does the energy sword combat the lightsaber? As in, will they block one another?
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:40 am

I'd assume so, but since they are not in the same universe, it is impossible to know for fact......

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:59 am

Well, even assuming they did, I think the Jedi would still win. They move and sword fight a hell of a lot faster than the Elite, plus the advantage of the Force. If the lightsaber also blocks the gun's energy, the Elite's just about screwed.
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby C S » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:06 am

I agree. Its hardly a fair fight, despite your "compensations". Jedi could disarm them with the force :/
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:31 pm

Very true, very true.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:12 pm

Now if the Elite had a vehicle or something...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:03 am

Hmm, I think I may have one. Elite Zealot vs Predator Elder, both fully armed with all the weapons they usually have (most powerful from each faction I guess).
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby C S » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:09 am

On one on one, the Predator has maimed the Zealot and stolen its head as a trophy. While Zealots of plasma rifles and energy swords...the Predator has a powerful shoulder mounted cannon and a wide array of melee weapons. From the throwing disks, claw-gauntlets or spears, the Predator is an alien commando taking up the hobby of head hunter.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:16 am

I'm not super familiar with the Halo universe, but don't Elites have access to most of the weapons Brutes have, and vice versa? If so, the shoulder mounted cannon could be countered with a Fuel Rod Gun. I agree the Predator would kick the Elite's *ss in close combat tho.
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby C S » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:35 am

If the Zealot gets it hands on more weapons, then the fight would come down to who's the better shot, but then theres the possibillity of the predator avoiding confrontation all together. It could cloak, sneak up behind the Zealot and stab it. Repeatedly.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:38 am

An Elite Zealot has shielding, don't forget. In a straight-on fight, face-to-face, the Zealot actually has the upper hand. The shielding could block at least one Plasma Caster bolt most likely, and the Elite could close with an Energy Sword, or simply blast the Predator from a distance with Plasma Rifles or some other weapon.

On the other hand, the Predator would never attack prey face-to-face. They are stealthy hunters that ambush opponents. Granted, Elites are much more difficult to deal with than a human, but it could still go either way.
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:46 am

dinoman666 wrote:An Elite Zealot has shielding, don't forget. In a straight-on fight, face-to-face, the Zealot actually has the upper hand. The shielding could block at least one Plasma Caster bolt most likely, and the Elite could close with an Energy Sword, or simply blast the Predator from a distance with Plasma Rifles or some other weapon.

On the other hand, the Predator would never attack prey face-to-face. They are stealthy hunters that ambush opponents. Granted, Elites are much more difficult to deal with than a human, but it could still go either way.

The first part I dunno so much about tbh. The Plasma Caster, from what they showed in AvP, looks like it's at least as powerful as a rocket launcher or RPG, albeit with more energy than explosive force. So I guess the shielding could take the energy part, but the physical force of it hitting and exploding would definitely damage the Elite, shields or not. Same with the physical weapons. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the shields in the Halo world are meant for taking hits of energy and protecting against those right? Not physical blades?
Also, don't Elites have cloaking or camouflage as well?
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:49 am

Elite shielding blocks all manner of attack, both energy and physical. Also, Zealots don't have cloaking themselves. Only Special Operations units and Stealth Elites use Active Camouflage (Zealots would consider it cowardly).
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:06 am

dinoman666 wrote:Elite shielding blocks all manner of attack, both energy and physical. Also, Zealots don't have cloaking themselves. Only Special Operations units and Stealth Elites use Active Camouflage (Zealots would consider it cowardly).

Ah ok. Actually, from what I've read and know about Predators, they should be in the same mold, considering they have the same kind of prideful mindset as the Elite, but I guess they needed it to improve the movie, etc.
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:13 am

Again, it varies. Not every Predator and every Elite are the same, but on average, the two are evenly matched (unsurprisingly, Bungie admitted that Elites are actually based off of Predators to some extent).
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Alpha » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:58 am

Well the Zealot being a high-ranked Elite, would have a stronger Energy Shield. If I'm not wrong, an Ultra's shield can withstand a direct hit of a Rocket Launcher(That being, gameplay-wise). However, the fact that the Predator counts with a Plasma Caster makes things different, seeing how Plasma greatly affects Energy Shields, but the Predator wouldn't use it because according to their culture it takes honor out of the kill.

In hand to hand combat, the Elite may have an advantage as it's faster and more agile, unlike the Predator who uses brute strength. Again, the shielding and weapons make a huge difference, if the Predator catches the Elite by surprise, then it may have an opportunity, otherwise, The Elite's energy sword will make short work with it.

Overall, the Elite has more chances of winning in my opinion.
We won't be here tomorrow, Hold on to me for one last time
Alpha
House fly
House fly

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic