AZ congresswoman shot

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

AZ congresswoman shot

Postby Evil Eye » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:11 am

http://gawker.com/5728501/arizona-congr ... cery-store
What the hell is wrong with some people? A f*cking 10 year old was shot in the process. Apparently 5 are dead, including a federal judge.
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Re: AZ congresswoman shot

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:59 pm

My god. This just shows how f*cked up people can get. Six dead, including a child, and 12 wounded.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:24 pm

Dear lord, this is ridiculous. What'd this man want that he'd be willing kill CHILDREN? Whatever it was, it certainly isn't worth deaths. Older people, sad, but sometimes understandable. Children? You just crossed the moral event horizon, my friend.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby raptor titanus3 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:21 pm

I'll bet you he was prejudist too, people are messed up and when something like this happens I hate being human
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:43 pm

I saw this story on the news earlier, too. She was talking about avoiding saying things that would make people who disagreed and didn't like it come after people in the congress - and then she was shot by one of those very people.

Those poor people. My heart's breaking for the congresswoman, her family, her friends, and the friends and family of the other deceased.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Iceking » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:41 am

There's something a little odd about the medical help taking so long to arrive. I hope that catch the person responsible soon.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:23 pm

Ok, so apparently the lady isn't dead after all. Strange, but good news.
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:50 pm

A bullet to the head at point-blank range and she still survived. What amazing luck.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:34 am

She's, at the very least, gonna be f*cked up though, lifelong.
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:07 pm

Well, yeah. There'd have to be some kind of damage done.

Still. She's really lucky, all things considered.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Giratina93 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:52 pm

Unfortunately, 6 others that were shot weren't as lucky...

But the strange thing about this is... that the shooter was taken down by 70-year olds.OLD PEOPLE took him down...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby raptor titanus3 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:09 am

^ Don't mock old people, my Grandfather was in the Mechanics and artillary core stationed on Hawaii in 1941 then back again as a G.I. after the fall of Berlin to stabilise to region
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:13 am

it's a general rule that the older [time period-wise] the generation, the more of a badass it is. i bet you anything the muscle buffs and hardasses of today wouldn't hold a candle to the soldiers of WWII in their day. nor would our WWII relatives have been able to fight on par with the Roman Legions' men in their prime, if equipped similarly. they had it tough. and they depended more on their wits to get them by. these days we're a lot more dependent on technology to do the work for us. so yeah, shooters getting owned by 70-odd year olds isn't too surprising...

not to mention not all 70 year olds are spluttering walking-heart attacks on the brink of falling apart. my great great uncle Bob [British side] was working actively until he was in his 100s. Grandfather keeps bees, works on carpentry and general handiwork, so on and so forth. and god bless him, he's in his mid 80s and still going strong [and will for several years to come, god willing]
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:38 am

My grandfather smoked heavily all his life, and could STILL kick someone's *** up until the last five years of his lfie (he lvied to be 79, which, for a smoker, is pretty damn good).
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby LV-426 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:45 am

My grandfather is in amazing shape, he has been in three wars. Korea, Vietnam, and Desert Storm where he was a sergeant in the marine core. He is 76 now and is still in incredible shape.
Get away from her you *****
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty
Were in the pipe five by five
They Mostly Come at Night Mostly

Aliens the most quotable movie Ever
LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Murloc Tyrannus » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:59 pm

I still have great grandparents, one is 82, the other is 81.

Please refrain from bumping dead topics.
"Side effects may include nausea, headaches, and DEATH." ~Valentine

"When you gotta go you gotta go." ~Ian Malcolm

Murloc Tyrannus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Return to Off-Topic