Evolution VS Creationism

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Re: Evolution VS Creationism

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:24 am

Hopeflower wrote:
Also, note my distinction between lower case evolution and capital Evolution.. the former is a fact... the latter is a belief

You have officially lost me completely.

I'm assuming he means microevolution, that of small organisms like bacteria, etc, as opposed to macroevolution.
By the way, another little tid-bit to read, Gira: http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... n-ancestor
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby LV-426 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:25 am

Hey Everyone Lets sing the God doesn't exist song
OK here we go

God Doesn't Exist, God doesn't exist, it a bunch of bull crap, God Doesn't Exist

Wasn't that fun :)
Get away from her you *****
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty
Were in the pipe five by five
They Mostly Come at Night Mostly

Aliens the most quotable movie Ever
LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Giratina93 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:26 am

(Seems liek I need to train up abit more...)

As I already said before, believing that an almighty, infinite, and incomprehendable maker created us from the ground takes less faith than believing that, through random, blind processes, mankind came from hominids like Australiopithicus.

Evolution, Scientific? As if. For something to be scientific, it has to be observable, testable, and provable. In reality, neigher the Bible or Evolution fit these categories. So, both of them are religions... just one believes in a caring, wonderful maker, and the other believes in chance ruling the cosmos.

I do admit that there are a few similarities between us and Chimps... however, those are about the same as similarities between Thylacines and wolfes/ T-rex and Giganotosaurus. Nothing more than a simple body plan that works. If it works well, why not use it?

As for the rest of your arguments... let me go do some more research... (And get a good lawyer...)

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:31 am

LV, you aren't really helping the thread much either way :|

Giratina93 wrote:As I already said before, believing that an almighty, infinite, and incomprehendable maker created us from the ground takes less faith than believing that, through random, blind processes, mankind came from hominids like Australiopithicus.

If you had any idea what you were talking about, you might realize that evolution doesn't suggest everything comes from random or blind processes in the least.

Evolution, Scientific? As if. For something to be scientific, it has to be observable, testable, and provable. In reality, neigher the Bible or Evolution fit these categories. So, both of them are religions... just one believes in a caring, wonderful maker, and the other believes in chance ruling the cosmos.

Again, if you knew what you were talking about, you'd know evolution IS all three of those things.

I do admit that there are a few similarities between us and Chimps... however, those are about the same as similarities between Thylacines and wolfes/ T-rex and Giganotosaurus. Nothing more than a simple body plan that works. If it works well, why not use it?

No. Read the links I posted. There are much more than a few, all pointing in evolution's favor. Also, you never answered what I said about the MRSA case. =p

Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby dinoman666 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:34 am

As I already said before, believing that an almighty, infinite, and incomprehendable maker created us from the ground takes less faith than believing that, through random, blind processes, mankind came from hominids like Australiopithicus.

Now that just doesn't make any sense. It takes A LOT of faith to believe an almighty, infinite, and INCOMPREHENSIBLE being made us from the friggin' ground, when Evolution has loads of evidence backing it up. Evolution is not faith, it IS science, even if you don't believe it. It has been exhaustively studied, and so far, I have seen little to disprove it, and I'm sure as hell not the only one to think that. Christianity, on the other hand, mostly relies on the Bible to provide its information, with little to back it up.

...I can't believe I got sucked into this conversation... -_-'
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:38 am

Thank you for handing us more ammo. XP

It's a simple body plan, yes. And yes, many carnivorous dinosaurs have the same body plan. but to use your example, a T.Rex and a Giganotosaurus...let's say for the sake of argument they are of the same line (even though they're not). Came from the same common ancestor. T.Rex was successful for some time. Thrived, even. However, a random mutation stepped in somewhere along the genetic line towards Giganotosaurus' arrival on the scene. Said mutation would either A) be harmful to the carrier, and the carrier of the mutated gene would eventually die because of it. Or B), the mutated gene would be benificial to the carrier and become a successful adaption that over time would mutate again. Said mutations would lead from small carnivores to larger ones. If you noticed, again, most carnivorous dinosaurs have pretty much the same body plan. Evolution at its finest. As you said...if it works...why not use it?
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby LV-426 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:48 am

Sorry just having some fun :D But seriously religion is poison to the brain
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty

LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:50 am

Probly not gonna convince Gira or anyone just repeating that.
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby LV-426 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:54 am

Yeah your probably right,
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty

LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:10 am

Hey, LV, spouting your anti religious view of things. How do you know god doesn't exist? I believe I jsut ogt through conversing with you about this nonsense....

Anyways, Gira, I don't know what the f*ck's going through your head right now. You just got your a*s handed to you on a silver platter.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby LV-426 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:12 am

Do you have any proof that he exist, any physical proof?
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty

LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:14 am

I don't. But I believe something created life. As I went over before, it could be a hominid, it could be something so monstrously hideous or inconceiveable that our minds would explode just from looking at it. I don't know, but there's gotta be something that started life.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:15 am

Godzilla Forever wrote:I don't. But I believe something created life. As I went over before, it could be a hominid, it could be something so monstrously hideous or inconceiveable that our minds would explode just from looking at it. I don't know, but there's gotta be something that started life.

And that something can't be nature because?
Actually, now that I think about it, he's right. It IS a fact that God doesn't exist, until proof is found that he does.
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:17 am

LV, don't make me kick you out of the topic for useless sh*t posting. If you have something to add to the argument, so be it, but repeating your opinion over and over doesn't solve anything. So start contributing or get the f*ck out.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:18 am

It could be. I just want to know what really is "god"- what created life. Like I said, stuff didn't just go "BOOM! I'm a alive now, okay?". Somethnig had to start it.

@ LV: I'm done with you. Be quiet.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby LV-426 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:25 am

We have evidence to support evolution, we have fossils showing us how an organism went from point A to point B. Creationism expects us to believe something is true because the bible says so, again you need physical evidence to prove something is real, such as with god, until I see some physical evidence I'm not buying it
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty

LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:29 am

I'm not saying god is a physical being- he could be many beings. I just want to know what the REAL god is. Not the biblical one.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:32 am

My belief is that nature is the closest thing to that.
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby LV-426 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:33 am

That's what I have been trying to say, we don't know if there is even a real god, we will never know until the day we die. But what I was saying was that it frustrates me to no end when people say that there is a god without any physical evidence until we have proof no one can say there is a god.
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty

LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:34 am

I guess. Unless one of you guys can bring back the dead, I doubt we'll ever know what lies beyond what we can percieve.....

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic