The Mausoleum - A memorial to loved ones lost

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

The Mausoleum - A memorial to loved ones lost

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:08 am

I've decided that this topic is a valuable addition to the site. To allow us to give our respect to loved ones lost. They deserve more than just a brief post in the random topic.

The purpose of this topic is to make a spot on site to pay your respects to loved ones lost, and to offer condolences to friends who have lost someone. Off-topic posts will not be tolerated, as you can imagine, nor will any form of disrespect towards the people involved. If you wish to attach a verse or two from the book of your respective religion, feel free.

Earlier this morning, my cousin Abdulla passed away as a result of a complication of surgery, a bloodclot having gone through his bloodstream, reaching his heart.

He was a good hearted person, barely a couple of years older than myself. Loved by everyone who knew him. His passing came as a shock to everyone, related or otherwise.

My condolences to those who did not know him, for never experiencing the beauty of his personality, and to those who did, for the loss of such a kind hearted, loving, compassionate man. he will be sorely missed.

إنا لله وإنا إليه راجعون"
'We belong to God, and to Him shall we return'
-Quran, Sura Al-Baqara, Verse 156
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: The Mausoleum - A memorial to loved ones lost

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:05 am

I'm so sorry KP....truly, I am.

I see death all the time - hell, I live next to a graveyard - but I know how much it hurts to lose family. A while back, when I was still a young kid, my grandfather on my mom's side lost his second wife (my mom's mom died when she was young - car accident) to cancer. We were all close to her. But, I don't think my grandfather ever really recovered from losing her...

"All go to the same place; all came from dust, and to dust all return." ~ Bible, Ecclesiastes 3:20 (1984)
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:40 pm

I sympathize greatly, Kingpin. I have lost many to the tides of time, but perhaps the most painful (and least expected) was the death of my Uncle steve, claimed when his liver no longer could function properly. Kind heart, and my inspiration to become an artist- a man who shall be held close to me for all my life.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Giratina93 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:08 pm

My own sympathies to the death of your cousion... WHen one dies within one's family,the pain that is felt within said family... is very strong and moving. I wish I could have said that with better words, but right now, there are tears streaming down my eyes, from me remembering the death of my Grandma... 5 years have passed since then... and yet... I still...miss her...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Iceking » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:23 pm

I'm sorry for your loss, KP. Both of my grandparens have died and I know how you feel.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby raptor titanus3 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:20 pm

I've never really known death besides the death of of First keeshound "Wolfie" or by his full name Wolfgang Amudaus his passing when I was eight still haunts me, he was good dog, died of kidney failure at a clinic
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:33 pm

Thank you for your kind words, everyone. For those of you religiously inclined, I ask for a prayer for his relatives. The next few months will be especially difficult for them. They'd be touched to know that people far from his acquaintence and reach are offering their condolences for his passing. For that, I thank you...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby PeacefulChaos » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:06 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss KP. After watching someone gradually get the life sucked out of them, I can understand. I also knew the day said person would die, which is just eerie because my mom had a cold and didn't want to visit him in the nursing home, figuring she could go the next day. I genuinely knew he'd die that night and wouldn't be there the next day. How? I couldn't say. Although some people may have found that comforting.. it was really the exact opposite. Never had that feeling before, never reacted that way before. I puzzled myself for a moment that night.

I have a certain level of guilt for not outright saying "He's going to die tonight" and having her go, however. I figured I was wrong and being neurotic yet hadn't seen him myself in several months.

hope everyone is alright from this.
To keep track:
Amynta - Apatosaurus
Ripto - Velociraptor
Sheila - Velociraptor
Kujo - Stegosaurus
PeacefulChaos
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:40 am

thank you, PC. I'm sorry for yours as well. And I know the feeling. I remember feeling something had happened to my Grandfather, who lives thousands of kilometres away, in the United Kingdom, while I was asleep. I told my mum to call home the following morning, and sure enough, he'd had a minor stroke in the night. the same time I had felt something was wrong. I may very well have been the first to know, despite the distance...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:46 am

It is... a painful thing to lose someone you love. There is nothing worse than hearing someone died, and being unable to do anything about it. It makes you feel useless.... and fills you with regret.

I'd know from experience.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby LV-426 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:23 pm

My dog Gizmo died today of kidney failure , he was the kindest, most intelligent and sweetest dog a person could ask for. I miss him so much. R.I.P my baby boy
Get away from her you *****
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty
Were in the pipe five by five
They Mostly Come at Night Mostly

Aliens the most quotable movie Ever
LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:04 am

^ :( Sorry to hear man.
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Murloc Tyrannus » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:00 pm

On April, Friday the 13th, my cat Sinergy died from old age. He was 14 years old. He was the best cat someone could ever have- this cat would actually paw at your back if you sat on the floor like he was trying to pet you, and he would bat at my keyboard as if he were trying to play it. It was hard to get over: in fact, I joined RPGtopia in order to get over the loss of my cat.
"Side effects may include nausea, headaches, and DEATH." ~Valentine

"When you gotta go you gotta go." ~Ian Malcolm

Murloc Tyrannus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:10 pm

RIP Natasha. Also known as Minny Moo. Last of the Tyrannotitan ferrets.

Died a little inside today. Not the best feeling.
TyrannoTitan

Postby slashmaster101 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:00 am

I'm sorry TT :(
slashmaster101
Bumble Bee
Bumble Bee

Postby Iceking » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:19 am

My condolences go to you, TT.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:47 am

That sucks, TT. I'm sorry for your loss, cormade. :(

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:55 pm

Some people, you just think of as immortal. Immortal, not in flesh, but because they will be remembered for lifetimes to come. The stories of true legends - the people that stand out by doing what everyone else has said is impossible - will be told again and again, and so they never truly leave us.

Such a man has died today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19381098

Rest in peace, Neil Armstrong.

It's also worth mentioning that Jerry Nelson, the man who provided the voice of Sesame Street's one and only vampire, The Count, has passed on this week.

I think we can all agree they'll both be sorely missed.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Wow. It is pretty shocking to see him go.

RIP to both.
You're right though. Their legacies will carry them to immortality, in that sense of the word.
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Giratina93 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:11 am

Those two men have helped define the world... one for space travel, the other for countless children...

As a memoir to Jerry Nelson...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Next

Return to Off-Topic