RPGT Rebirth

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Should this change occur?

Yes.
100%
No.
No votes

Total votes : 5

RPGT Rebirth

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:34 am

This is a very serious situation, and we want everyone's honest opinion on it.

We are proposing the idea of locking and archiving ISS, ARPG, and WRPG. If this is accepted, ISS would be remade, and so, possibly, would WRPG, if it is requested again. ISS would remain the same, except the history would be erased. Members are free to bring back any character they want, in however way they want. WRPG, if remade, would be the same way. This gives you all the ability to redo your favorite characters, or start completely new.

It is entirely acceptable to refuse such a restart. We run this site for the benefit of all. What you guys want, we will do, or not do, if the case may be.
TyrannoTitan

Re: RPGT Rebirth

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:53 am

Hmm. y'know, the idea occurred to me more than once to ask to have WRPG deleted and remade since a lot of it (mostly by fault of mine) is kinda...random and not thought out. To put it lightly.

And I won't lie and say I don't wish I could go back and change some mistakes I made in ISS.

If this happens, I'm for it. I miss playing with some of my older characters, and I'd love to go back and work with Steely, Riptide, Shadowstar and all of them again. Give them a stronger in-RPG history.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby UndeadRaptor » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:55 am

I'll vote Yes, but at the same time I want to vote No, 'cause what the heck is gonna be done to the ARPG after being locked and archieved?!
"What's the plan?!" - random soldier, Mud and Blood 2.

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:56 am

I'd vote yes, but my web browser keeps saying that it's invalid... -_-'

I'd like to use some of my characters (from both RPGs) in other ways than before, and I miss a couple that are currently dead. :P

And honestly, I'd like to use Bladetooth PROPERLY this time...
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:57 am

UndeadRaptor wrote:I'll vote Yes, but at the same time I want to vote No, 'cause what the heck is gonna be done to the ARPG after being locked and archieved?!

Depends. It could go the way of WRPG: Requested again, but let's face it, it didn't do so well after the initial time it was up. We'd need to make some serious changes before it could be remade.
TyrannoTitan

Postby UndeadRaptor » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:02 am

'Kay.

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:03 am

I dunno how I'd feel about losing Uzuri's in-RPG history....I feel like I actually did a good job with her characterization for once...but I guess it's a small loss.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:12 am

Hopeflower wrote:I dunno how I'd feel about losing Uzuri's in-RPG history....I feel like I actually did a good job with her characterization for once...but I guess it's a small loss.

Nothing says you can't do it again, or in a different way.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:13 am

I honestly don't know how to think about this situation. On one hand, I'd lose the development I've made to Kronos and Lehra, and Scar. On the other, I can make my other characters less flat. So.... I don't know what to do.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:14 am

True.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Pyronychus » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:19 am

I kinda hate to lose all that history too, but if it'll be archived... guess I could go along with that. I'm assuming Fatalis' pack will still exist, and the raptors can all come back in similar situations to where we left them?

Member of the Slow Posters Club
Pyronychus
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:20 am

Pyronychus wrote:I kinda hate to lose all that history too, but if it'll be archived... guess I could go along with that. I'm assuming Fatalis' pack will still exist, and the raptors can all come back in similar situations to where we left them?

Up to you, KP, and anyone else involved.
TyrannoTitan

Postby UndeadRaptor » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:20 am

Well, for ISS, Imma recreate my oldest characters, with new names and backgrounds and stuff, but I'll leave my carchar, Eradicus, alone...

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:35 am

As much as Crusher could use a new name, it's his title. it's reached the point where he's become a symbol. the name's a part of him, so it's staying. as is most of his history. though it will likely be redeveloped and fleshed out. same with any characters i bring back.

ARPG will either be remade, or abandoned. if it's abandoned, I may work on my own little fiction covering the details that were lost through ARPG's removal. would probably make it a collab with HF.

WRPG, i will probably use to rewrite, continue, and flesh out Wraith even more. he's my favourite character in there and definately one i want to keep using.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:41 am

Steeltalon is one character I wouldn't mind rewriting. As well as Shadowstar, I want to go back and flesh out her character more.

And a collab fanfic sounds like fun. :3

Oh the lulz that could be had. XD

As I said, I'm all for the idea. I'm a better writer now than I was back when I first joined. (At least, I HOPE I am. >.>') So, yeah. Full speed ahead. XP

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby raptor titanus3 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:44 am

What do I care, I mainly go for short bursts at random in topics usually leading me to increase my bad rep here on the site, then again I still feel like I could make ISSRPG work if I just developed some connections between other people here on the site. Thats my one major flaw I suppose, keeping my head on without becoming bored with what I'm working on (that and finding a "friendly" status with others), if it doesn't border on crazy I lose interest. Then again crazy isn't following the rules so yeah its a bit complicated. :| oh... lets just go with it I vote yes... or at least I would if the yes function worked
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:56 am

Apparently polls don't work for a lot of people. Go figure.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:06 am

Question: if WRPG were remade, would we be restarting with the original Clans or with the current ones?

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Iceking » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:11 am

I would like to make a fresh start with green eye and use him better than the way I did the first time (If ISS is indeed remade, that is). As for WRPG, I would like to reveal a bit more of Shadowfang's past so he doesn't look like some cat whose just a random exiled cat gone bad. The rebirth gets my vote.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:41 am

Hopeflower wrote:Question: if WRPG were remade, would we be restarting with the original Clans or with the current ones?

Original clans, most likely.
TyrannoTitan

Next

Return to Off-Topic