A topic to terms and beings in "Order and Chaos"

Have you got a game, book or movie you'd like to make a story out of? Want to expand on a story or plot that stopped? Have an original idea for a story that you want to post somewhere? Here's where to do it. Basically an RPG where one player controls ALL characters in the story.

A topic to terms and beings in "Order and Chaos"

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:25 am

This is a guide to characters, races, and terms that will be used in my soon-to-be series of stories called "Order and Chaos". It will revolve around my fiction of the Abyss and the Enforcers, with everything else caught in the middle. The land it takes place in is Haudspes. If you have a translator, you can probably figure out what it means...

Okay..... some Races first:

Humans- considered to be the most basic race of beings in the world, they were created last by the old ones, the first beings that roamed the world. They worship Crom, the all seeing father, who is considered to be the greatest of the old ones. Their weapons are fairly basic compared to the other races, usually revolving around metal and wood, and know no forms of magic unless they are blessed or cursed by other beings.

Demons- the most dangerous group of beings in the world, the demons are spawns of darkness, embodying everything bad and terrible in the world. Their forms vary, but most have wings and horns and control specific elements based on their birthplace. They worship Craefr, a Demon Lord who usurped the original creator of the Demons, Shi Kahn. He is considered by many to be the cause of most evil in the world. Of the five basic demon classes, five of them have been blessed by Craefr and are considered to be the strongest of all demons, second in power only to the pit master himself: Gaia of the Earth clan, Blaze of the Fire Clan, Azrael (Originally Garm) of the Water clan, Pandemonium of the Shadow clan, and Tsu of the Sky clan.

The Enforcers- Considered by mortals to be the saviors, the Enforcers are immortals sent down from the great havens to combat the demonic hordes of the fallen one Craefr. They are very strong, but are few. Their weapons are composed of raw elemental power and are thus very difficult to forge and use. They are designated by rank, which is shown by their armor. Though they are considered to be the saviors of the world, the Enforcers dislike humans and other "mortals" and thus are not friendly towards them. They are lead by Freyhn, who is considered to be second only to Crom in power.

Spectres- Beings cursed to wander the earth for not fulfilling a duty or obligation, or were attacked by a Spectre themselves. They tend to try and seduce travellers in the woods or those who wander into other unknown regions of the world. While not trully evil, many of them do not hesitate to inflict trully horrid things upon people.

Undead- Beings brought back from the dead by a Necromancer and cursed to serve him or any of his allies until they are either forced to become inanimate or destroyed. Immortal, the undead can lumber about for as long as their bodies remain intact. Unlike what many humans believe, undead can live without their head and can only trully be destroyed if they are burned, hit with magic, or peirced through the heart. Magic weapons are also known to be able to slay them permenantly.

Beast Folk- Originally thought to be cursed beings, Beast Folk are actually their own seperate species and none of them are related to each other. Many beast folk are regional peoples only, and do not take kindly to visitors to their abodes. Their traditions are as varied as their appearences.

Elves- The High Born or Perfect Ones to humans, Elves are the closest things to an enforcer that most other mortals ever see. While they are not cruel like the Enforcers, they are still very arrogant and are not open to other races, especially Beast Folk, due to a series of long wars that occurred, known as the Stygian Conflict.

Orcs- unlike what one would expect, orcs are not evil. They are actually a species of elf that lives in the far north, and developed to withstand the intense cold. They often get into conflict with the Yeti of the wastes, leading to intense but brief conflicts. They, like elves, hate Beast Folk for the Stygian Conflict. Small orcs are called "goblins".

Trolls- Trolls are a unique brood of creatures. They often appear to be brutish, monstrous creatures, but are actually quite a refined race. Many are skilled in nature magic and are reknowned weaponsmiths. Unfortunately, they are often in Conflict with Orcs or Elves. Trolls of the north are known as "Yeti".

Important Figures:

Craefr- Lord of the Abyss and king of the Abyssal Demons. Wields the elements of earth, fire, water, sky, and shadow. From him, all evil is believed to have spawned. He created both the Greater Demons and the Envoys of the Abyss. He was the leader of the rebellion against Shi Kahn, and was aided by a mysterious being against the tyrant. In return, he gave control of an outer region of the Demon's realm to the mysterious being. Was driven back into the Abyss by Freyhn after his first and (currently) only appearance in the mortal world. His avatar is the Maleficus- a Bat of great size and strength that is named in his honor.

The Envoys- Five elemental beings that were created by Craefr to be opposites of the five Sires. Each Envoy is unique in personality, element, and phyiscal appearence. The five Envoys are as follows:
Envoy of Destruction (Shadow): Its avatar is a Dragon.
Envoy of Fate (Water/Ice): Its avatar is a Hooded Serpent (aka a cobra).
Envoy of Death (Sky): Its avatar is an Armored Falcon.
Envoy of Knowledge (Earth): Its avatar is a Behemoth (a large mammalian beast with the body of a lion, the head of a bear, and the tusks of a boar).
Envoy of Fury (Fire): Its avatar is a Cruor (a large Ape-like beast with four horns on its head, like a crown).

Freyhn- Leader of the Enforcers and the God of Justice. Creator of the five Sires of Justice and dwells in the land known as Skyfall. His hate of the Demons and views of the mortals as unclean folk lead to his rather cruel actions. Ultimately drove Craefr back into the Abyss after his first and (currently) only appearance in the mortal world.

The Sires- Five elemental beings that were created by Freyhn to keep the world in check. Each Sire is unique in Personality, element, and Physical appearence. The five Sires are as follows:
Sire of Rebirth (Light): Its avatar is a Clementia (a large species of bird native to the land).
Sire of Tranquility (Water/Ice): Its avatar is a Kraken.
Sire of Execution (Sky): Its avatar is a Roc (another, more primitive species of bird natice to the land).
Sire of Wisdom (Earth): Its avatar is a Rhinoceros.
Sire of Vengeance (Fire): He is a dragon.

Tarnus- Great fire dragon who aligned himself with Freyhn at the beginning of the Human-Demon war. Also known as the Sire of Vengeance, he has quite the ego and rarely backs down from combat. Was nearly killed when he was attacked by the immortal Fatalis. He managed to drive Fatalis away and the two are now arch nemeses.

Fatalis- Homonid with a dark past and holds anger towards the world. Originally a man, he let his anger consume him and was corrupted by one of the greater demons to become the physical embodiment of hate. His alias is the Great Black Dragon, for his ability to shapeshift. His Draconian form appears akin to a Dragon from a faroff land known as Minegarde, with his right eye blinded and scarred, and his right horn cleaved off from a tussle with his former master. He menaced the now infamous Castle Scharade at one point, leading to other dragons akin to him roosting there.

Thlr'Dahl- Legendary lizard king who wielded the blade Hraesvelgr. He slew a greater demon and died fighting off all five of the Abyssal Envoys. His original name is unknown to history, and those who knew what it trully was have long been dead. It is said his blade is hidden in one of the temples of light.

Crom- God of Power and leader of the old Ones. Created the humans and most other mortals and controls all the elements. He is currently the only god that has not directly aided the Enforcers in their plight against Craefr. It is unknown on which side his alligiance lies. His avatar is a Bull clad in golden metal plates.

Ouroboros- The God of Time and symbol of eternity. His avatar is a large, bloodied serpent, with peircing black eyes and spikes along his back. He is often confused with the Envoy of Fate, but they are of no known relation.

Elemonos- The Elven King during the Stygian Conflict. His fortress was the Dunhelm, a mountain fort that was impossible to reach by normal methods. He was assassinated by Blrtefrin, Lord of the Werewolves, which led to the end of the Conflict.

Shi Kahn- God of Blood Lust and the original king of the abyss. He was usurped by Craefr and his legion of demons, in addition to a mysterious being from unknown origins. He now resides in Zizak Zigil- the Blood Mountain. His avatar is an Asian Lung.

Mondigura- Goddess of Life and wife of Crom. It is believed that she gives mortals the blessings that allow for magic. Her love for mortals means that she will often come to them in order to aid them. Her avatar is an Ent.
Last edited by Godzilla Forever on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:38 am, edited 12 times in total.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Re: A topic to terms and beings in my "Order and Chaos"

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:12 pm

More races added.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Doc 42 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:54 pm

So what kind of story is this going to be?
epic journey of some sort?
An action/war story?
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Godzilla Forever » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:11 am

The stories are going to be a mix of adventure and war. The first one (the one I'm currently working on that's not even close to being finished) is an adventure story, but I plan to make the series more warish as it goes along.
Last edited by Godzilla Forever on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Giratina93 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:16 pm

That, and he and I are going to do one or two of them together. So you know it's going to be awsome...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Re: A topic to terms and beings in "Order and Chaos"

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:33 pm

Important figures added.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Galaxia » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Looks good,the races look quite interesting I think I'm going to enjoy reading this
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:33 pm

@ Galaxia: Oh, I haven't even put all the races down yet. :lol: Also, Shadows of the Abyss (the first one) is up, but is nto complete. You can read it in the SWF section.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Galaxia » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:35 pm

Well I read it,and I loved it I'll be sure to read more of this once you release some more chapters
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:37 pm

@ Galaxia: I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:00 am

Added more races and important figures.
Last edited by Godzilla Forever on Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Return to Single Writer Fiction