New Planet of the Apes movie

Movie reviews and discussion.

New Planet of the Apes movie

Postby TyrannosaurusRules! » Sat May 07, 2011 11:51 pm

So I just saw the new trailer for Planet of the Apes and it looks to be a prequel. In my personal opinon it looks good, i was wondering what you guys think...
What ive noticed recently is that Hollywood directors arent really making new movies just prequels and saga's.
Do you think there going to make a prequel trilogy of planet of the Apes?
Sand Claw
Gustav
Dire Howl
DRACUL DRAGO
TyrannosaurusRules!
House fly
House fly

Re: New Planet of the Apes movie

Postby LV-426 » Sun May 08, 2011 4:53 pm

I think it's going to suck
Get away from her you *****
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty
Were in the pipe five by five
They Mostly Come at Night Mostly

Aliens the most quotable movie Ever
LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun May 08, 2011 5:58 pm

What a constructive post, LV. Never post like that again. Or else.

I was never a fan of the original planet of the apes movies, so I have no opinion on the new one.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun May 08, 2011 7:08 pm

I'm going to stay neutral for now, for, like TT, I never was really all that interested in them monkeys.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby LV-426 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:35 pm

Have You seen the Trailer TT?! It has CGI Gorillas for **** sakes! This movie is going to blow chunks. There ruining Planet of the Apes, which is one of my all time favorite franchises, Hollywood is taking a huge dump on the original by making this movie. First of all there not following continuity set up in the previous films. Humans were wiped out by a nuclear war in the original and the apes took over after we were all dead, they apes evolved afterwards. But off course they making this one into a dumb 28 Days Later kind of flick. **** Hollywood for raping our childhood
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty

LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon May 09, 2011 7:06 pm

LV-426 wrote:Have You seen the Trailer TT?! It has CGI Gorillas for **** sakes! This movie is going to blow chunks. There ruining Planet of the Apes, which is one of my all time favorite franchises, Hollywood is taking a huge dump on the original by making this movie. First of all there not following continuity set up in the previous films. Humans were wiped out by a nuclear war in the original and the apes took over after we were all dead, they apes evolved afterwards. But off course they making this one into a dumb 28 Days Later kind of flick. **** Hollywood for raping our childhood

Now why couldn't you have said that to begin with? I didn't say you had to agree with it, but saying "it will suck" isn't constructive at all.
TyrannoTitan

Postby LV-426 » Mon May 09, 2011 7:13 pm

Well thats all I could think of at the time. Besides I was ready to rant but stopped myself
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty

LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby raptor titanus3 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:02 pm

You know I like planet of the apes and they even made an okay and rather unheard of remake of the first but a prequal? Really? I have to agree with LV it won't end well, because when you mess with a good movie and get it right the first time, you do not mess with it by making a BAD and unstructured Prequal that messes with EVERY part of the orginal it was ment to give structure to. I see several ways someone could make this better, for one: Keep the orginal plot for all the die hards with mass caticlism. Two: Have the deteriorating human society as the Bad Guy with them trying to restore order and maintain their remnents of culture even if they sacrifice all the morals they had, for instance the Bush meat trade simply being a methode to survive but now the apes are becoming smarter due to unknown means and as such a leader begins to develop an early society for them and trys to guide them to a better future. This figure should become the good guy and in the Lore of Planet of the Apes should be the one the Religious caste try to immortalize for them. There are plenty of others but I doubt anyones going to care and might even say The prequal shouldn't exist. In any case I wil not see this movie until I can rent it, and even then I will not hold high hopes for it.
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Return to General Movies