Rate the Last Movie You Watched

Movie reviews and discussion.

Re: Rate the Last Movie You Watched

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:37 am

Machete: 5/10

a cheap gore/*** flick about a cheesy story of a war between Mexican immigrants and a corrupt politician's skewed view on border control. I don't think i need to say more...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby LV-426 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:34 pm

Scarface

10/10

Classic Gangster film about the rise and fall of Tony Montana a cuban immigrant who started off with nothing and ended up with the world at his fingertips. Al Pacino is incredible, he makes us root for Tony the entire film even when he is doing horrible things. Tony is different then most film gangsters in that he has rules such as he refuses to blow up a car because there is two children and a mother inside. Brian D Palmas best film by far. With a rocking 80's soundtrack and an incredible score by Giorgio Moroder. The film is notoriously violent and feature a ton of drugs, I have always wondered what they used for cocaine in the film. This film is simply incredible and is a must see.
Get away from her you *****
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty
Were in the pipe five by five
They Mostly Come at Night Mostly

Aliens the most quotable movie Ever
LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Iceking » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:12 am

Rango

10/10

The big plot twist of the movie was so well hidden both in the begining and in the trailer, that I was very suprised when the twist was revealed. The voice acting of the cast was also fantastic, especially Depp and Bill Nigh.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:07 am

Tangled: 9/10.

Very good movie. Not a fan of "spontaneous bursting-into-song" movies, but it was still quality entertainment.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:12 am

SAW

9.5/10

I'm still a big fan of the original Saw film. No matter how many times I watch, i can appreciate the plot twists and clever ending. As much as I love Saw II-VI (VII doesn't exist to me), there's just something about the original that keeps me coming back again and again.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby TyrannosaurusRules! » Tue May 03, 2011 11:31 pm

umm

Starship Troopers 3

4/10

worst of the trilogy replacing many of the old characters and lowering the animation quality.
Sand Claw
Gustav
Dire Howl
DRACUL DRAGO
TyrannosaurusRules!
House fly
House fly

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat May 21, 2011 2:29 am

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides: 9.5/10

Very funny, very entertaining. Not much else to say, besides that it comes closer to the quality of the first then the second and third movies.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Galaxia » Sat May 21, 2011 8:42 am

Predator:10/10

This movie is where the action is,with Arnold Schwarzenegger's movie career is in it's prime during the time
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Sat May 21, 2011 1:32 pm

Raging Sharks: 2/10

This is a low-budget direct-to-DVD science fiction/horror movie from 2005. Now, I've seen low-budget horror movies that were actually pretty good. THIS, however, is not one of them. This movie was so. freaking. BAD that I couldn't even finish it. I got maybe 40 minutes into it and turned it off to watch something else.

It's the seventh shark attack film released by Nu Image films. The SEVENTH. At some point, the shark attack idea gets old. Not to mention, the opening scene is a collision between two alien spaceships. It's as if the company thought they could make everything better by adding aliens. -___- oh, and as if that wasn't enough, the sharks GROWL.

This movie isn't even worth pulling out of the bargain bin. It's not funny, it just has a poorly thrown-together plot and no entertainment value.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat May 21, 2011 2:30 pm

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

10/10. Easily one of the greatest, most realistic, and most influential Westerns in all of Cinematography. It's got a great story, realistic morals for both the "hero" and the "villain", and the third member, your everyman, adds an unexpected layer to this epic: HUMOR (but don't worry if you haven't seen it: he does it well and without creating akward moments), not to mention some of the most famous music ever and an epic final standoff. If I could, I'd give this an 11.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannosaurusRules! » Sat May 21, 2011 4:57 pm

Lets see

Road Warrior 7/10

This was one of the best movies Mel gibson was in, Road Warrior was pretty good for its time.
Sand Claw
Gustav
Dire Howl
DRACUL DRAGO
TyrannosaurusRules!
House fly
House fly

Postby Hopeflower » Sun May 22, 2011 8:29 pm

Saw VII: The Final Chapter: 7/10

Just got done watching it with my parents. Despite it having its cheesy moments and knowing many people disliked the film, I shouldn't have judged it before I watched it. It really was a good way to end the series. Saw VII had some interesting twists I wasn't expecting, and of course the gore factor was there (though played up too much at points). The ending was surprisingly well done. Just when I thought it was over, another twist, and the answers to quite a few questions I still had concerning the series. I believe come this Christmas (or even my birthday), I'll be completing my collection with Saw VI and VII.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby LV-426 » Mon May 23, 2011 4:04 am

Starship Troopers 10/10

Great Satire, Awesome Special Effects and Explosive Action Scenes make this one hell of a movie. Director Paul Verhoeven who is famous for Robocop and Total Recall, once again makes a great action film with brilliant social satire. Highly Recommend
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty

LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Galaxia » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:44 pm

Aliens 10/10

One of James Cameron's greatest sci-fi masterpieces

With one of my favorite movie characters of all time,Private Husdson

Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby LV-426 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:52 pm

^ Hudson is the Ultimate Badass

The Devils Rejects 10/10

Rob Zombies's masterpiece. This film is truly a horror film in all sense of the word, it's not the toned down crap of todays horror movies. This film was released in 2005 and is still the best horror film of the decade. The film focuses on a family of serial killers who have escaped from their home after a police raid. This differs from many horror films which focus on the victims, this makes the film unique. The film is set in 1978 and is an tribute to all the exploitation films of that era. Rob Zombie is a huge horror fan and his love of the genre really shows itself in this film, he makes multiple references and tributes to horror movies in the film. The acting is superb, it's not your typical teenage acting crap, most of the cast are older and this makes the film more realistic. The actors keep the balance perfectly of playing their character over the top and realistically . Bill Mosley, Sherri Moon Zombie, and Sid Haig play the trio of serial killers but at times it doesn't feel like there acting but are actually crazy, their performances are terrifying but funny at the same time. The serial killers are funny in a good way, their always cracking jokes, this makes us like them. We the audience like the killers, we root for them even as they are doing horrible things. Ken Forre of Dawn of the Dead plays a pimp in the film who helps the killers and is a very entertaining character. The cinematography is gorgeous, the shots of the desert show the isolation of the killers. the film has a grainy look to it much like exploitation films of that era. The music in the film is excellent, it's a combination of southern rock and rock. Look out for the song Free Bird by Led Zeppelin it's used in a way you never seen before. This is a must see for any horror fan
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty

LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Galaxia » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:29 pm

Predator 2 7/10

Not as good as the original,but hey how could it have possibly topped the original? Still a good movie to watch,and brings the action and adventure of predator from the South American jungle of the first movie to the concrete jungle of LA,also one of the last performances from the original predator himself Kevin Peter Hall

Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:28 am

Pumpkinhead (1988): 8/10

Very well-made classic horror film. Pumpkinhead has to be my new favorite legit movie monster. This was the first movie to give me goosebumps in forever - always a fresh change. ^_^

Pumpkinhead II: Blood Wings: 8/10

Excellently made. Has one of the most awesome death scenes I've EVER seen in a movie - two people getting SHISH-KEBABED. I love it. XD

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Galaxia » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:26 pm

The Thing(1982) 10/10

Doesn't get much better than John Carpenter's The Thing,this movie goes to show that you don't need CG to make a masterpiece,we're talking top notch puppetry for the monsters,Kurt Russell,Wilford Brimley and Keith David fighting off a shape shifting alien? A recipe for a great film
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby TyrannosaurusRules! » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:39 pm

AVP 9/10

Good movie I always liked the idea of these great movie monsters duking it out. Acting was good to! all and all the movie was good.
Sand Claw
Gustav
Dire Howl
DRACUL DRAGO
TyrannosaurusRules!
House fly
House fly

Postby Galaxia » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:44 pm

Ghosts of Mars 6/10

It was alright,I honestly expected better since it was both written and directed by John Carpenter,the man who brought us The Thing.But meh what are you gonna do?
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

PreviousNext

Return to General Movies