Rate the Last Movie You Watched

Movie reviews and discussion.

Re: Rate the Last Movie You Watched

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:20 am

Super 8: 9/10

Very funny, very exciting, love the creature design and how they went about presenting it.

X-men: First Class: 8.5/10

Good film, not as spectacular as the first X-men film but still worth seeing.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:21 am

Baron Von Creeper wrote:X-men: First Class: 8.5/10

Weird, according to my friend it was far better than any of the other ones. I want to see it real bad hah. When you say not as "spectacular", was it the eye-candy that was lacking, in comparison to the others, or plot, etc?
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:43 am

Evil Eye wrote:

Weird, according to my friend it was far better than any of the other ones. I want to see it real bad hah. When you say not as "spectacular", was it the eye-candy that was lacking, in comparison to the others, or plot, etc?

Mostly its the mutants. The acting was good, the effects were pretty awesome, but the mutants they had were seriously lame, besides the ones we've seen before (Magneto, Xavier, etc).
TyrannoTitan

Postby LV-426 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:40 am

The Return of the Living Dead 10/10

A classic zombie film. This is one of a few movies that combines horror and comedy perfectly. The film is not a sequel to Night of the Living Dead but was written by John A Russo who was on of the writers of Night of the Living Dead. The film is Directed by Dan O Bannon who is famous for writing the film Alien. the effects are good and the characters are memorable, I highly recommend this movie
Get away from her you *****
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty
Were in the pipe five by five
They Mostly Come at Night Mostly

Aliens the most quotable movie Ever
LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:15 am

Baron Von Creeper wrote:
Evil Eye wrote:

Mostly its the mutants. The acting was good, the effects were pretty awesome, but the mutants they had were seriously lame, besides the ones we've seen before (Magneto, Xavier, etc).

Ah. Who all from the original gang was there (if it wont spoil anything that is :razz:)?
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:54 am

Evil Eye wrote:Ah. Who all from the original gang was there (if it wont spoil anything that is :razz:)?

Magneto, Xavier, and that blue shapeshifter *****. All the rest are new I believe.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:21 pm

Romeo and Juliet (1968): 10/10

The best depiction of the brilliant play by Shakespeare, in my opinion. Watching it again, the ending actually depressed me even though I knew what was going to happen. That's how good of a movie it is. XP
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:25 am

Battle: Los Angeles: 6.5/10

Not a bad action flick, though I didn't really like the spastic nature of the camera movements, nor did I think the way they presented the movie was the best.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Giratina93 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:37 am

Green Lanturn (2011) 7.5/10

This was an okay film... not th ebest, but certainly not the worst I've seen. While the acting's solid and the fighting's good, som eof the character development mirror's that of my characters (Which should be an alarm bell for anyone who knows me well), and at times, the CGI's REALLY bad, especially during the final fight against the evil cloud of doom...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:48 am

Red Riding Hood: 7/10

Was good, albeit cheesy. I liked the twists that were present - though the villain's death was actually pretty lame.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Galaxia » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:03 am

Deep Blue Sea 8/10

Not a bad movie really,it's about super intelligent sharks and Samuel L Jackson with a parrot in a sinking research lab,so yeah not the most convincing plot but I'll take it
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:30 pm

Galaxia: Holy sh*t I love that movie to death. XD "What does an 8,000 pound mako shark with a brain the size of a V8 engine and no natural predators think about?"

On topic though.

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole: 8/10

I give this movie an eight out of ten ONLY because they switched up the plot a helluvalot. I truly adore this movie and the books it's based on. For cramming the plots of three books into one film, the creators did a fantastic job. And of course it doesn't hurt that the animation looks fantastic.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Iceking » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:59 am

POTC4: 8/10

This was a good movie, though not as good as the previous 3. It did have several things in it that were suprising and didn't see coming.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:48 am

King Kong (2005) 9.5/10.

Easily the most faithful adaptation of the original King Kong (especially compared to King Kong Escapes and King Kong [1976]... brrr.). Well written, has excellent fight scenes, and the ending never fails to make me choke up. It's bit too long in my opinion, though, and can get melodramatic at times. Overall, a great movie that has a lasting impression after seeing it.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby LV-426 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:02 pm

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) 10/10

A classic slasher film from the eighties. Robert Englund plays Freddy Krueger and is one of the best and most memorable horror characters of all time. A classic which is a must see for any horror fan
Get away from her you *****
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty
Were in the pipe five by five
They Mostly Come at Night Mostly

Aliens the most quotable movie Ever
LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Galaxia » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:05 am

The Lord of the Rings trilogy 10/10

What more can you say? The first in the trilogy alone has been marked as one of the greatest fantasy films of all time(right next the 1939 Wizard of Oz)and I think we need no explanation of the basic story.Peter Jackson truly made an amazing adaptation to an amazing trilogy of books
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby Giratina93 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:52 am

Transformers: Dark of the Moon (8/10)

Now, this is definitely the best of the three Transformers films, and man has it been an improvement over the second one. Most of the crud is gone (Though a bit of it still remains, though that tends to be genuinely funny.) The action is great, the plot is quite nice, but the only problem I have with it is... the human parts tend to drag it down. Our protagonist is very hard to like here, and he is quite the jerk at times. Plus, his whining and crying... GAAAAAAAAAH!!!

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby raptor titanus3 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:47 pm

POTC - 4 9/10

Saw it with my friend last week and I really liked it, I prefered it over the general plot with Davy Jones. I feel they should have faced Blackbeard before Davy Jones really. Why I don't give it a full score is just one reason... They have set it up for another one to show up. They should end it before they go and ruin it, Depp does Jack well but even Jack's antics can save his movie. If they turn it into an animated series I just may puke because I honestly hate it when they take a Good Movie or series of movies and try to mess with it with conviluted plot holes and flashbocks that completely change the history of the series which always happens.
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:16 am

How to Train your dragon: 9/10.

It feels rushed in parts at times, but I must say this is easily Dreamworks' best work since the original Shrek. (don't get me wrong, they've made other good stuff, just not to that caliber).

Lord of the Rings (1978): 9.5/10.

This is one my all-time favorite animated movies, and if you see it, you could probably understand why.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:12 pm

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2: 9/10.

Much more interesting then the first part (which was really awesome to begin with), and I found it a lot easier to understand after only seeing the first part and the first 4 movies. Great film, but I can understand that people who haven't seen the other movies/read the other books won't appreciate it as much.
TyrannoTitan

PreviousNext

Return to General Movies