Jurassic Park 3:The Dna Factor

Video game reviews and discussion.

Jurassic Park 3:The Dna Factor

Postby Iceking » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:15 am

This is a game that I played some years ago and I found it enjoyable, although I never did finish the game before I lost my copy. The story is that a cargo plane flying over Isla Sorna crashes after it is struck by lightning during a storm and it's cargo, dinosaur dna, gets scattered across the island. Ingen calls upon a photographer named Mark hannson and a pilot named Lori Torres to find the DNA and determine what dinosaur it belongs to once they grab the base DNA in each area. The game's graphics are good and the idea of collecting DNA to determine what species of Dinosaur it belongs to does keep you interested for a bit. However, the biggest problem in the game is that there are no checkpoints in the levels and the DNA puzzles, which will only make your frustration worse in some of the latter DNA puzzles. The second glaring problem is that in the DNA stages, if the injector gets hit just once by these spheres called "organisms", it's back to recollecting the DNA from the level you cleared. The third problem is that there aren't enough weapons in many of the levels to take out a decent chunk of the dinosaurs and the levels you really want to have weapons are the ones that have Raptors in them. The gameplay of the game is that of a side scroller and you movie through the level, finding the DNA particles of four different colors while avoiding a large number of dinosaurs and killing those you can take out quickly.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Re: Jurassic Park 3:The Dna Factor

Postby Galaxia » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:59 am

It's a pretty good game,the thing that ruins it for me are ,as you mentioned,those puzzles I never did care for puzzles of any kind let alone in a JP game
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby Iceking » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:08 pm

I was stuck on the T-rex for awhile, even though it's file mentioned to find a weakpoint. Then I learned that he has to be shot in the mouth with the gun you find near the end of the level.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Galaxia » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:14 pm

The game isn't that bad I guess,but it's no JPOG either far from it in fact
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby Iceking » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:15 pm

Did you beat the whole game? If so, what is the animation the Spino has when you empty his health bar?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Galaxia » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:20 pm

Never did finish it,the puzzles became to frustrating for me and I soon turned it off to play some pokemon :P,don't think badly of me just because I hate puzzles
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:03 pm

I got this, Island Attack, and Park Builder way back when they were released (to capitalize on JP3's release, no doubt).

I always found DNA factor to be the most fun, but Island Attack's music was amaaaazing.
TyrannoTitan

Return to General Games