Cadborosaurus Ahoy!

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Cadborosaurus Ahoy!

Postby Giratina93 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:47 am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43801173/ns ... om/toolbar

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm certain you are all aware of the Lock Ness Monster. Well, here in the Pacific Northwest, there is said to live a relative of Nessie called Caddy, or Cadborosaurus. This creature has been sighted for many, many years, but now, we have actual, undeniable fotage of the creature! SUCK IT, MAINSTREAM PALEONTOLOGISTS!!!

Anyways, This is simply too good of a chance to miss out on. If anyone needs me, I'll be swimming with the fishes to find this creature... :P

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Re: Cadborosaurus Ahoy!

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:52 am

I don't know what to think. I mean, I want to believe that it is a prehistoric remnant that lives in our world, but I dunno. It really could be anything. This video certainly adds some credibility to this "Caddy".
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:06 am

Awesome? Yes. Undeniable? Far from it.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:15 am

Pic at the top of the article looks more like close-up blurry pic of a dead branch than an animal. Can't access the footage right now, will look at it later. I believe there are creatures out there we have minimal or no knowledge of - but I don't know if this is one of them or another hoax.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:17 am

@ HF: it appears to have gills at one point in the vid, so maybe it is a giant Salamander of some kind or something along those lines.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:30 am

first thought on the name: chocolate. Though I dunno if you guys get that brand in the US...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:44 am

F*cking Cadbury's. *highfive* XD
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Galaxia » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:10 am

From the picture I can see how it might get your hopes up but really all I see is a bunch of shapes that look a bit like mostly submerged driftwood

I can see why you could think it's a monster,people who claim to see monsters usually do because they want to see it and thus their imagination will make almost anything that looks vaguely like said monster look just like the monster.Being Scottish I always believed there was a monster in Loch Ness,and in a way I still have a lingering hope there is maybe because I grew up thinking there was and never accepted the facts that show the notion to be a bit bogus
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby TyrantTR » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:29 am

Yeah I'm going to go ahead and doubt this. Seems like it could be a text book case of miss-identification. I've seen far more convincing footage proven to not be what it seams. I don't know why this should be any different, just because the guys from the deadliest catch supposedly saw it?

I'm more a skeptic now then I used to be I spose, but cryptozoology has turned into such a stupid study. It was supposed to be about undiscovered animals, but now all anyone cares about is finding dinosaurs and unicorns, and then they wonder why no one takes them seriously.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Return to Off-Topic