Gustav
Dire Howl
DRACUL DRAGO
TyrannosaurusRules!
House fly
House fly

Re: Jurassic Park 4

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed May 04, 2011 12:03 am

1st: What a terrible original post (OP). You're supposed to provide information about the subject of the topic you're posting about.

2nd: No.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Hopeflower » Wed May 04, 2011 12:20 am

The only thing that's for sure at this point is that it's an on-again off-again thing. Personally, I think we're good with just three movies. I don't want to see my favorite movie franchise go the same way as, say, Friday the 13th did.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby C S » Wed May 04, 2011 12:48 am

Crichton died. Theres a low chance they would continue the franchise without him :/
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby dinoman666 » Wed May 04, 2011 12:52 am

Joe Johnston said he's probably going to do the fourth one after he finishes Captain America, actually. He also said it was going to be the beginning of a second Trilogy, which I think is definitely pushing it, but eh. It's not like that stopped George Lucas...
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby TyrannosaurusRules! » Wed May 04, 2011 1:01 am

dinoman666 wrote:Joe Johnston said he's probably going to do the fourth one after he finishes Captain America, actually. He also said it was going to be the beginning of a second Trilogy, which I think is definitely pushing it, but eh. It's not like that stopped George Lucas...

you said it another trilogy is definitely a bad idea but i want a fourth one to get trex back at the top of the food chain
Sand Claw
Gustav
Dire Howl
DRACUL DRAGO
TyrannosaurusRules!
House fly
House fly

Postby dinoman666 » Wed May 04, 2011 1:03 am

Personally, I have no problems with a fourth one, as long as it's well-written. So far, I haven't had very many complaints about the JP franchise anyway, except the San Diego scene in Lost World and the fight between Spino and Rex in JP III...
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby TyrannosaurusRules! » Wed May 04, 2011 1:05 am

agreed the fourth should be original but keep to the original three movies.
Sand Claw
Gustav
Dire Howl
DRACUL DRAGO
TyrannosaurusRules!
House fly
House fly

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:09 pm

http://start.toshiba.com/news/read.php? ... 00L2_UNEWS

Spielberg says JP IV is coming in 2-3 years.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Galaxia » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:53 pm

Well to be exact TT the article does say "may be only a few years away" so nothings guaranteed.I can't lie though I am genuinely excited for at least a very rough release date for JP4,lets just hope this movie doesn't go the way of JP3 now that wouldn't be a welcome return of the Jurassic Park franchise if that were the case
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby Giratina93 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:56 pm

http://www.jurassicparkiv.org/index.php

Actually... Universal wants it out ASAP, and by that I mean 2013.

Learned of this news a few days ago back on TK, but I was too lazy to put it up here.

But all that aside, this is great news. After seeing Captain America, I actually think that Joe Johnston might be able to pull this off, especially with Speilburg onboard...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Galaxia » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:53 am

Giratina93 wrote:http://www.jurassicparkiv.org/index.php

Actually... Universal wants it out ASAP, and by that I mean 2013.

Oh thank you god!

Seeing as even Universal wants this out soon as really gives me hope that they're going to put some work into this movie
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:53 pm

Or they'll rush the film and it will be an irredeemable peice of crap.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Galaxia » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:33 pm

I've feared that would happen,it would be JP3 all over again (shudders)
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:21 pm

I've heard Universal has been eying not a sequel but a reboot. I also heard Joe Johnston wasn't on board but I could be wrong.

Personally Joe had the best intentions for Jurassic park 3, but screwed it up pretty badly. And I don't think Captain America entirely redeems him. Was good but look at everything before that. Wolfman, JP3, The Rocketeer, Honey I shrunk the kids. Not to say these were all bad movies, but they were below par to say the least.

I don't want to see Joe take another shot at it and prove me wrong, I'd rather someone took the franchise in a different direction then the one he's heading for. A reboot sounds nice but a bit premature. I'm sure we will all be satisfied as long as there's CGI dinosaurs on the big screen again... and as long as there's trex instead of a mutated duck.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Galaxia » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:03 pm

A agree fully with you on all things but one,I loved honey I shrunk the kids when I first saw it,still do not sure why but I always feel sorry for the ant
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:04 pm

Not sure why this hasn't been mentioned here yet, but I've heard JP4 has a tentative release date in the summer of 2014. Not sure how well that'll go over with the plans to have the original hit the big screen again, in 3D, next summer.

I'm still not sure we need a fourth movie, though. I mean, JP3 is a joke. Crichton's dead, may he rest in peace. There's not a whole lot more that they can twist out of the plot...it'd be nice to see the series left alone, instead of getting twenty-plus sequels, most of which will suck harder than the Carnosaur series.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Murloc Tyrannus » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:03 pm

What would be nice is a remake of the first movie, but almost exactly how the book went.

Not like it'll happen, but it'd be a badass movie.
"Side effects may include nausea, headaches, and DEATH." ~Valentine

"When you gotta go you gotta go." ~Ian Malcolm

Murloc Tyrannus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:27 pm

Meh. I'm fine with the first movie how it is. Sure, there were some scenes in the book that would've been awesome to see on the big screen, but on the whole, we have a movie that's an icon of the 90s that's best left alone.

if they were to pull some scenes from The Lost World novel and throw them into JP4, though, that'd work better imo. TLW is different enough from the book that the makers could get away with not calling it a remake.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Murloc Tyrannus » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:00 pm

Honestly, Jack Horner was the reason why we have the T-rex/Spinosaurus fan war on several sites. I hope to see Carcha or maybe even Giga as the apex predator. T-rex has proven his worth and Spinosaurus has enough popularity. A dinosaur they need to include is Dilophosaurus; one like in the novels (no frills but with the toxic spit) would be nice. As long as they basically don't make it a piece of **** like Jaws 3 AND Jaws 4 was, they're fine with me. They need to consider reintroducing or adding dinosaurs, though.
"Side effects may include nausea, headaches, and DEATH." ~Valentine

"When you gotta go you gotta go." ~Ian Malcolm

Murloc Tyrannus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Next

Return to General Movies