My art thread YO!

Enjoy drawing? Sculpting? Other types of art? Here's a place for it!

Re: My art thread YO!

Postby Giratina93 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:12 am

That Rex looks pissed off and powerful... Nice... Now, if only I could use it to assert myself as ruler of Isla Sorna!!!

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:42 am

here's a possible evolutionary improvement for you: longer tail, to better balance the revamped, heavier, more robust skull...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Galaxia » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:45 am

Speaking of the tail I just noticed it was segmented,cool!
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby Doc 42 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:18 am

I think it looks quite well balanced. What's the idea behind the segmented tail?
Nice drawing as well.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:27 am

It reminds me of a Vastatosaurus. Very good!
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrantTR » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:29 am

It's meant to be a bit of a mix between old retro dinosaurs and the newer recreations behind them. I looked to Ray Harryhausen alot for inspiration. On all his therepods he had a nice flexible crocodilian tail. Large segmented plates, thus the origin of that design. I suppose I could make the tail heavier, perhaps more like a crocodile's if it looks off balance.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Galaxia » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:37 am

So TR,is there anything else in your game you'd be willing to show?

I'm not trying to rush you or anything,just want to see if you've been working on anything else in enough detail to be shown
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby TyrantTR » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:50 pm

Well late response... Were in pre-production pretty much. All I can show is the few concepts I'm working on for the general idea of the game. Really there isn't much interesting to show.

A lot of the game is inspired from the older dinosaur movies, which featured Ceratosaurs a lot of the time. Kinda took your basic Ceratosaur and just exaggerated the crap out of it. I'll be messing with this in a photo manipulating program later, as of now its just kinda a fuzzy thumbnail image, taken by my crappy scanner.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:53 pm

Looks nice. And yeah, I always wodnered why they used ceratosaurs instead of a t-rex...
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Galaxia » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:13 pm

Who knows,maybe they originally made it a generic carnivore at first and just named it ceratosaurus because they felt like it.I don't think at the time they'd think anyone would ever care so it's not much of a big deal
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby TyrantTR » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:03 am

I always assumed the big film production companies and monster designers favored Ceratosaurus because it looks badass. They always had it look like trex with horns, and as everyone knows horns make everything better. :P

Anyways.
Head close-up done.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Galaxia » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:46 am

Looks even more awesome up close,this game of yours is going to be great
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:17 pm

I think you've outdone yourself this time. good job.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:11 am

Well I decided after all that work and effort on the ceratosaur that it was utter s***

Was camping this week so I decided I might as well draw. So I kicked around some ideas, came up with a very nontraditional ceratosaur... But one I kinda like.

That's a head detail, the area of interest for dinosaurs will generally be the head, so I started by going through multiple sketches of the head and skull.

Once content with the head design I drew a few profiles of the body just to see the shapes I could take it, settled with a design similar to this and then proceeded to draw the creature in movement, which is very crucial for fleshing out the character of the beast. Figured he'd just be a dumb charging brute. Kinda the gator/bull, It'll strike first and figure out just what it killed later.

Both of these have yet to be touched by a photo-manipulating program so they'll remain as thumbnails till I find time to finish em.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:58 pm

Very nice.... looks big and fearsome.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrantTR » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:58 pm

Head Concept is done, colored and all. I was really proud of it in the shading area but when I started adding color it looked a bit more flimsy... ah well can only get better over time. :P
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:06 am

Hmm, not bad. So far I like what I see a lot. I look forward to seeing your work and designs put to the test. :3
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:09 am

Awesome Ceratosaur. I always liked this creature...

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrantTR » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:08 am

Aaaaaand done with this one now too. Long day of drawing :P Figured I wouldn't have too much spare time what with school starting and all. But hopefully I can sketch out a few other ideas I have floating around in my head and get those colored up and shaded like I did with these, shouldn't take long if I get to it. Plus I really do have a cool idea or two. :P
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:10 am

Still awesome! I think you outdid yourself with these two pics. :P

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

PreviousNext

Return to General Art