Primal Carnage

Video game reviews and discussion.

Re: Primal Carnage

Postby dinoman666 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:34 am

Carnotaurus looks like fun! Not a whole lot of variety, but you don't really need it when you're just running around headbutting things.
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:11 am

Carnotaurusremidns me of the Charger in L4D. I like it. :D
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:24 am

Wow, get a free minute to check in and what does my eye spy? A Primal Carnage update? Is Satan ice skating as we speak?

Now to get serious....The dinosaur models look great. Can't honestly say the same for the humans. :/

The dinosaurs have very smooth animations whereas the humans' movements look quite jerky at points. And...am I the only one who sees the pyro being able to spam the flamethrower forever as being just a little bit of an unfair advantage?

Overall, very pretty, but it seems like this is just trying to give the game a little more dramatic flair, when we wait for months between these updates, during which the hype dies down.

I'm not saying it's going to turn out to be a terrible game just yet. But I am saying this may be too little, too late.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby raptor titanus3 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:24 am

I have great deals of patience so I don't mind waiting for a game as long as it fulfills the level of quality it promises. So far I like what I see, the carnotaur may be their answer to humans hudling together to prevent attacks by rexs, raptors, and pteradons, they might also have had issues developing an effective control of a compy horde. It may have been boring and overly complicated forcing the devs to rethink the dino roster, resulting in a new dino effective at charging into groups and shattering them to be picked off. This is all pure speculation but it makes a bit of sense, we may also see compies being relagated to a cpu controlled hazard in certain locations on the map, like if humans are forced into deep underbrush or swampy terrain, it slows them and the compies bite and nip, doing mild constant damage to anything that enters besides big dinos.

Besides that I don't think I'd play the game seriously, I'd maybe set up custom matchs with friends and make home movies of us messing around and recreating the scenes from JP over and over and over again. Whos with me?
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby dinoman666 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:11 am

Oh yeah, I would NEVER play this game competitively. It reminds me too much of the debacle that was the newest AvP game. I doubt the game will be very balanced no matter how hard they try, so I only plan on playing the single-player (though they haven't given very many details on it) or custom games with friends.
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby slashmaster101 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:45 am

Actually HF if you look at the lower right side of the screen the flamethrower has a certain amount of use's so when the numbers hit zero no more flames
slashmaster101
Bumble Bee
Bumble Bee

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:57 pm

I noticed. My point was it takes way too long to get to zero in my opinion, especially when the players just using the flames in a continuous stream like that. :P

Editing this in because I'm really confused: http://www.kbmod.com/2012/04/10/kbmod-a ... l-carnage/

How are they going to have anything at all ready for a release, even a teaser, by August?
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Ceratosaurus21 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:33 pm

This game is going to be a great edition to dinosaur games everywhere I can't wait for it to come out!
Ceratosaurus21
Cockroach
Cockroach

Postby dinoman666 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:22 am

Apparently (I don't know when they announced this), Primal Carnage is ONLY being released for Windows now, and will only be released for 360 and PS3, "depending on sales." http://forum.primalcarnage.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=345

...that's not a good sign.
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:25 am

Typical corporate ********, man....
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Doc 42 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:26 pm

Godzilla Forever wrote:Typical corporate ********, man....

To be fair, they were having enough trouble making the game in the first place, not to mind porting it to consoles. This is not a corporate bulls**t, this is "We're incompetent game developers and promised to release on 3 platforms simultaneously, when we can barely manage one"

It's not as simple as just handing it over to microsoft, a whole new version of the game has to be tailored for whatever console they're working with. Most companies would have a whole team dedicated just to bringing the game onto a specific platform.

EDIT: I realise some of the language I use when talking about lukewarm is probably a bit harsh, especially considering how difficult building a game is, however, the approach lukewarm has taken to developing Primal Carnage annoys me, and I can't tell if they are arrogant or just naive.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Godzilla Forever » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:30 pm

True, true. Perhaps not corporate Bs as I said.

Still, they shouldn't have promised or hinted at something they might not have been able to pull off with their limited manpower.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:34 pm

Game is going for 20 bucks

Development is slow as hell

Product as it stands looks to be worth half that price, my standards being games like Magicka and a few free games on steam. Yes, even the free games on steam are higher quality than this

Dev team does not know what they are doing

SEEMS LEGIT
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Godzilla Forever » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:41 pm

@ CS: Well, sounds like I have nothing to look forward to then. :P

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:40 pm

As I said.

Trespasser all over again.

The team were likely too ambitious; promised at all these features, promised to deliver more than they could handle. Now they have to cut back - probably because of funding and because their donors are getting impatient. Ambition, arrogance, naivete - whatever you want to call it - crippled them.

Twenty bucks is a bit much to ask when, as CS said, it's probably going to be worth half that. "$20 for that? could easily be spent on something more useful, or a better game," people will say to themselves. Sales likely won't be so good. As a result, 360 and PS3 owners looking forward to the release will be disappointed when the team goes, "Sorry guys, game didn't sell so great as we thought it would. We can't imagine why."

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Murloc Tyrannus » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:47 pm

Why do I find it hilarious whenever a Carnotaurus kills something? It's like in MH3; whenever a Jaggi gets tailwhipped by Barroth or something I burst out in laughter.

Also, the Pteranodon gameplay looks pretty fun.
"Side effects may include nausea, headaches, and DEATH." ~Valentine

"When you gotta go you gotta go." ~Ian Malcolm

Murloc Tyrannus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Iceking » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:27 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1TDFrwZi94

Gameplay for all the classes is shown in this and one of those involved with the game talks about it a bit.

Edit:Correct link is now in place.
Last edited by Iceking on Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby slashmaster101 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:10 am

IK, this brought me to something regarding Halo 4
slashmaster101
Bumble Bee
Bumble Bee

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:38 am

Wow. It's looking pretty good! Now, if only they coudl get their asses in gear and get it out to the public... :mrgreen:

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:50 pm

They're hoping to have it done somewhere between the start of autumn and December of this year, last I heard. Lots of luck.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

PreviousNext

Return to General Games