My Decent Drawings

Enjoy drawing? Sculpting? Other types of art? Here's a place for it!

Re: My Decent Drawings

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:19 pm

This drawing. Oh my f*cking god it drove me NUTS.

I can't even show off the full detail right now because my camera's dead. -__-

Suffice to say, all those scales are just the beginning. There's dark crosshatching on the face - curved lines that form the scales. it was such a PAIN getting that right.

AND THE SHADING.

That alone took the better part of today and last night. Don't even get me started on how long the actual drawing took. I've been working on this for DAYS. It's full of little experiments and me playing with lighting angles. I had to shade the head and face twice, actually - because I completely screwed up the first time.

Erasers are such a blessing. x_x And you'd better believe mine has been abused over the past several days.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:20 am

So I was messing around with Paint, trying to get my creative juices flowing...aaand my brain ran away from me.

I've produced these. I haven't named the species or the individuals yet, and as of now they're just basic designs. I'm probably going to play around with different designs, patterns, and colors over the next few days.

I'm quite fond of those raptor claws. :3
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:49 am

GAAAAH, RAPTOR CATS! D:
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:01 am

Yes. XD KP's been calling them Raptats. So that's what they are, until I find a better name. XD

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:16 pm

Well, it's been over a month since I posted anything here.

So here's a look at what I've been up to lately.

Busted my fingers and wrist making stencils for my boyfriend, who used them to make a shirt. I don't have a picture of the finished thing yet. We used black shirts and white spraypaint, which worked surprisingly well.

Entered a Halloween contest. probably didn't win anything, but it got a pic out of me, so bleh. :P

Here's Tigerstar in the Dark Forest. Damned to feel the pain of his mortal wound for eternity.

I have a recurring nightmare in which this thing chases me down and brutally murders me. I drew it in an attempt to lessen the frequency of the dreams. Apologies for the unfinishedness, I couldn't finish it. And I ripped the drawing up and threw it away recently, so I wouldn't have to keep seeing it.

No, I wasn't upset when I drew this. I was listening to the song Unwell, by Matchbox 20. very good song, describes mental illness pretty well.

These pics are from yesterday; was at Comic-Con with a friend. I met a few cool people, saw quite a few awesome cosplays. Saw a couple of Star Wars characters, a xenomorph (in the bottom pic), Bane and the Riddler, a Shadow, a few Sonics, a couple of Lokis and a Thor...was awesome. :3

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:32 pm

"Without dreams, what are we?"

--

I painted the background to this piece first, and I was pretty proud of it, so here it is in full:

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:55 pm

Cool sketches/photos. I really like the halloween entry one.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Giratina93 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:05 pm

Ah, scary cat dragon! RUN!

That background looks amazing, and so does the cat-dragon.

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:19 pm

That dragon guardian is pretty cute. :)
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:07 pm

Doc: Thank you. :> That one was a lot of fun to do.

Gira: Thank ya. :3

GF: Thanks. :3 I wasn't intending to make it so cute, but it took on a mind of its own. >.>

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:55 pm

Started working on Christmas pics on Sunday. These are the two I have done. I wanted to convey a bit of the personality of my friends in the drawings I did for them this year, while making attempts at things I don't draw often.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:18 am

Xanthe. About time I dew him, right? :P

Reference used: http://steeltalon.deviantart.com/favourites/#/d3h1twi

And now joining him, his lovely mate, Savarna. I quite like her design, impractical as it is. :P

As you all have probably noticed, because of her coloring, she's essentially a stay-at-home mom.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:02 pm

Courting dragons will fly to great highs, circling each other, and at the height of their climb, lock talons and fold their wings, going into a spectacular freefall, in a show of trust. While an amazing sight, this behavior has its risks. If one or both of the dragons don't pull up at the right time, they will both be badly injured, or killed.

---

Had this in my head the minute I heard this song.

The whole thing is an experiment with Paint, to see if I could pull off the background. I'm fairly happy with it - could've turned out better, but could be much, much worse. :3

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Doc 42 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:48 pm

Cool pictures, I like the lineart.

Also, upside down dragons.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:00 pm

Thanks. :3

They're better than horizontal dragons. 8U (Also more of a pain to draw)

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:11 pm

Playing with colors and gradients.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:45 pm

Decided to do a tribute to the villain of one of my favorite computer-animated movies. :> I do plan to go back and shade this, so you should see another version in at most a few days.

Reference here.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Iceking » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:22 pm

Very nice Carno, HF.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:40 pm

Thank you. :> He's looking even better with every bit of shading I finish.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:43 pm

*dies of happiness from actually managing to get a glare-free non-blurry shot of this*

There you have it. :> I can honestly say I'm very proud of how it turned out.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

PreviousNext

Return to General Art