Dino Run

Video game reviews and discussion.

Dino Run

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:52 am

http://www.miniclip.com/games/dino-run/en/

A friend of mine showed me this game a little while back. I was hooked pretty much from the start, but my goood. XD It may be cute, quirky, and fairly well made, but it's also half adrenaline rush, half maddeningly keyboard-smashing-type frustrating. In other words, it won't be uncommon for you to die seconds from victory.

Said friend has beaten the game. That is to say, she's gotten all of the super eggs, maxed out all of the trophies, and beaten all of the speedruns and the main game on the hardest difficulty. I say to all of you who are going to try for it...good luck. XD

As an interesting aside, she found out that once you beat all of the speedruns on medium (easier said than done!), you can customize your dino. Make it wear hats, choose what color it is...also, every time you beat the game, the dino automatically changes color.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Re: Dino Run

Postby Murloc Tyrannus » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:10 pm

I play the multiplayer version on PixelJam. I'm one of these 2 (dumb) names.

Fatum.Corvus
AwesomeDactylDon
"Side effects may include nausea, headaches, and DEATH." ~Valentine

"When you gotta go you gotta go." ~Ian Malcolm

Murloc Tyrannus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:59 pm

I haven't tried multiplayer. Can only imagine how much more of a clusterf*ck that would be. :P
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Murloc Tyrannus » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:43 pm

It's on PixelJam or Xgen Studios. Multiplayer is actually pretty fun. You can have races with up to four people, and you can race on several of the different maps on single player. Also, there's a chat room where people usually just chat, but people will still race you.

Warning: DO NOT GO ON THE BONEDOCKS SERVER. IT IS THE HOME OF CRAPPY ROLEPLAYING SKILLS. Viewer discretion is advised.
"Side effects may include nausea, headaches, and DEATH." ~Valentine

"When you gotta go you gotta go." ~Ian Malcolm

Murloc Tyrannus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:41 pm

...You've tempted me to check it out. XD

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Return to General Games