My Works (In Progress :P) of Art

Enjoy drawing? Sculpting? Other types of art? Here's a place for it!

Re: My Works (In Progress :P) of Art

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:14 am

IK: Coincidental. I actually never thought of that. Interesting observation.

Gira:...and before the redesign you WEREN'T that worried about her getting close? :P
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:58 am

Crusher as of 2013
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:57 pm

Really cool rex. Though, not really Crusher anymore. YOU'RE NOT THE DINOSAUR YOU USED TO BE!
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:50 pm

Lol. Oh, he's the same guy. Only thing that's changed is his colour scheme, and that's because now I care less for him looking like a walking rainbow and more for being an efficient predator :P

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:38 pm

Yeah, but the real Crusher is a rainbow rex whose size fluctuates randomly depending on the situation. Being regular sized one moment and passing for a small mountain the next. This new poser? Who the hell does he think he is? Prancing around calling himself a Crusher. more like Normalosaurus
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:36 pm

roflmao. That, my friend, is the entire point. This time round Crusher wants nothing more than to be normal. Unlike his ISS1 incarnation, this version has realised it is the power that brought him misery. So all he wants is to live in peace. Of course, that'd be a boring story all round so it won't happen, but fact remains it's what he wishes would happen. His appearance and size reflect that :>

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Giratina93 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:12 am

I like Crusher's new appearance. As far as Tyrannosaurs go, he doesn't look too intimidating... which only makes his lethality and skill that much more deadly.

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:40 am

After a long and frustrating journey through the bowels of MS Paint, GIMP and A4 paper, Thrasher's finally reached the end of the road. The largest part of the credit goes to HF for tolerating this insane design through TWO full length attempts [one of which got butchered 80% of the way through by a glitchy computer] and my horribly specific critiques :P

And then there's the credit owed to CS, who kindly did the gradient and shadow effects on the sail, bringing to life a concept that neither I nor HF could pull off alone.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:50 am

I'll be honest - I probably wouldn't have finished him if I hadn't done Ripper's pic. After I lost the first one, I didn't even want to look at him. :P I'm glad to see him finally done though. :3
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:56 am

Not QUITE done. Gonna add some background stuff before I finish up with him entirely. Don't worry though, you won't be asked to deal with him again. I can manage the trivial adjustments I have in mind :P

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Giratina93 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:58 am

Okay, Thrasher looks SWEET! I mean, I don't think I've seen a more fearsome Spinosaurus in media than him. The details with the spine and hide especially look very nice.

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Iceking » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:59 am

Nice redesign. I find your choice of his tail tip looking crocodilian like to be a bit interesting. His legs for the redesign seem a bit shorter than in the first pic you drew of him, though. Is that about what the leg length of a real Spino was?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:05 am

KP: Thank god for that. XD

Gira: *takes a bow* Thank you kindly. :> Just think, this is the monster your character is spying for...you scared yet? :P
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:30 am

Yes, it is. The previous Thrasher was broken in all sorts of ways. Head too big, torso too short, body too stocky, legs too massive, spine too small. He was basically a Rex in a Spino costume.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:50 am

Very fast, very lazy, very half assed size comparison between Thrasher, Crusher, Ripper and Twincrest.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Giratina93 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:00 am

BEHOLD, RATTLEBONES TWINCREST! :P

That size comparison makes me realize jus thow puny Twincrest is compared to Thrasher and Crusher... I mean I knew she was alot smaller than them... but not by THAT much... Thrasher looke like he could just pick her up in his mouth and shake her like a ragdoll.

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:04 am

Because he could. XD

Your character was so eager to get away, her muscles and skin ripped themselves off her skeleton, and it happened so quickly her shadow couldn't keep up. :P

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Pyronychus » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:04 am

O.o

Whoa, this puts things into perspective. The pattern on Thrasher's sail is pretty darn impressive. How painful was that to color? XP

Member of the Slow Posters Club
Pyronychus
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:03 am

Thanks. :>

Not too bad to color, honestly. His main body's just splotches of green that I threw down randomly,with the edges broken up with the use of the airbrush tool. The stripes and speckles are all curve and pencil, as were the designs on the sail. And everything was done in less eye-straining colors first, so I didn't go blind. :P It was just a matter of finding the right colors to put to the design once the basic elements were there, really. :3

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:41 pm

What happens when KP's sketchbone itches? Why, he sketches, of course.

Thought I'd take a shot at a perspective piece of Crusher. A WIP for now. I plan to add more, but don't want to touch it until I have a solid vision of what it is I want there, and the refs to do it without messing it up. For the time being, what do you think?

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to General Art