Zoo Tycoon... 3

Video game reviews and discussion.

Zoo Tycoon... 3

Postby Giratina93 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:11 pm

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/10/zo ... nt-trailer

Well ladies and gentlemen, a little late in showing this, but here it is. ZOO TYCOON 3... for the X-box One. Yeah, it's now a thing. We all loved and cherished the first two ZT games... so how will this one hold up?

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Re: Zoo Tycoon... 3

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:05 pm

Given the flak I've heard the new Xbox is getting, I wouldn't expect it to do well...but we'll see, I suppose.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Turbo Tyrannophonic » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:09 pm

If it's an Xbox exclusive, they have made a very big mistake.

Regardless, unless it's anything super amazing must-have, I think I'll wait until they churn a few X-packs out. Marine and Prehistoric seems par for the course with Zoo Tycoon.
Turbo Tyrannophonic
Crayfish
Crayfish

Postby Giratina93 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:30 pm

Well, it's still an E-box exclusive... but now it's for the 360 as well as the X-box one. And now... a gameplay trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL1laOehO1s

Notice how there's something lacking from the old ZT games... can you guess what that is?

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:06 am

I think I just felt part of my childhood die.

Where's all the fun customization options? Where is the ability to build your own enclosures and alter the terrain? And why did they give players a zoo keeper to control? The fun of Zoo Tycoon 2 was you could be the keeper if you so wanted.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Giratina93 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:13 am

Yeah, I'm disappointed in how it seems like half the customization is gone now. I mean, I LOVE how it looks graphics-wise... but to dumb down the gameplay and the creativity just for it to fit with a console release... Why not just keep it on PC and keep all that creativity? and I will be Very sad if we get an even SMALLER number of animals to care for. It already went down from ZT to ZT2... and if it shrinks again, with NO DLC to fix that... then why even bother?

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:16 am

You could download a bunch of mods for ZT2, get a similar look, and have all the features we love. There are some ridiculously talented people churning out new models, more realistic terrain, new skins, everything you could want.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:18 pm

I have the ZT1 Collector's edition. I think I'll pass :>
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:35 pm

I need to replace my copies of ZT1 and the expansion packs, but yes, I'm with KP. :3

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby HorseGal » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:54 am

I think there are suppose to release it on the PC within six months or so. There's someone who talked to a Dev at Eurogamer, and the dev said that it would eventually be released on pc? Saw it on a youtube comment, but I won't get my hopes too high. Saw a bit of gameplay at Eurogamer... it looked alright, but I think I will stick with my modded ZT2.
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
"There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star." -Henry Thoreau
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Return to General Games