My Decent Drawings

Enjoy drawing? Sculpting? Other types of art? Here's a place for it!

Re: My Decent Drawings

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:56 pm

Just when you think I've stopped drawing characters, I bang out another few. :U

Apologies for the massive watermark, I've recently had issues with people taking my work and putting it on other websites without asking.

My most recent finished piece. I promised KP a while ago I'd draw this dork, and only now got around to it. :U Every last squiggle was nitpicked mercilessly until he was happy with it, so for now, consider this the closest thing to how Andruil should be pictured.

Until I become unhappy with it and try to redraw it. XD

Aaand Arsenic. I drew him a couple of months ago, not completely satisfied with him, but eh. It's close enough to how I picture him.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:14 pm

BOOM 'NOTHER CHARACTER

You may remember that I drew Seppy two years ago, when I couldn't draw faces to save my life.

Now he has a completely new face! :D

I actually made myself die laughing when I'd almost finished, because I suddenly saw David Bowie in him and I couldn't stop seeing it. It wasn't actually all that funny, but for some reason I couldn't breathe for a solid minute when the thought occurred to me. XD

Anyway! First pic I worked on with my new erasers, and I love them to death already. c:

(for those who need a comparison. This is what came before.)

Last edited by Hopeflower on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby C S » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:22 pm

That moment when you realize David Bowie might as well be the real-life Septimus.

****'s too real for me. Nice work but I can't handle the club right now.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Giratina93 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:22 pm

The classiest elf that has ever lived, and the classiest dragon pretending to be an elf to ever live. I like it.

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:47 pm

CS: Fans of Labyrinth have known Bowie can't be fully human since it came out. *eyebrow waggle* XD But in all seriousness, thanks. c:

Gira: Thank you kindly. c:

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:17 pm

More character updates~

Not much to say about these. Top one is Vix, as I picture her, and her were form is obviously the bottom. Tried to make it clear she's not a werewolf, but more foxlike in design, and stuck with the four-legged stance.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:58 pm

It starts....

Actually, it began several weeks ago, but **** it I've started these drawings now. :D

SUPER hyped for Halloween, but if you've known me for any length of time, that shouldn't be a surprise. XD So here have a creepy dragon, and the Halloweeny things will probably keep getting continually worse until we finally hit that glorious, glorious night.

This one might get updated, it might not. I feel like I could do more with it, but at the same time I like the minimalist look. So we'll see.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:04 pm

A wild new character appears!

Who is she? What is she? Where does she come from? What's her story? These details and more as I flesh her out...

"Sami" is a placeholder name, for until I come up with a better one. For now, I'm just happy to have a solid look for her.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:05 pm

A special gift for a very special friend's birthday. :3

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:11 am

C:

I've said it once and I'll say it again: I love this pic. You've already drawn me two pics in the last couple of months. You really didn't have to draw me another one, but I love you for it anyway :3
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:30 pm

*snugs* I wanted to draw you another thing. c: I'm glad you like it so much.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Doc 42 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:22 pm

Sweet, dragons. Pretty cool. Big fan of the tattoos
Pose is interesting/strange. Hard to imagine what it could possibly be doing to end up in that position, but I guess abstract poses are fine too
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:18 pm

Thanks. :3

Yeah, his pose here is a bit weird. These things happen when I wonder, "Can I draw the thing like this?" It isn't what I was originally going for, but my hand can be a rebellious thing. I suppose it could be him caught in a quiet moment, or working on a project.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:33 pm

Just when this topic goes quiet and it seems like I've finally stopped churning out character drawings, I throw out another one.

Arsenic and Viho got new pics because both of them needed a design update. And Viho got a shoulder brace because he's been clawed by a werewolf in-RP. I figure there's no shaking off an injury like that. :P

(No I didn't f*ck up on Arsenic's nose the last couple of times I've drawn him, there's a noticeable bend in it. I figure he's had to have broken it at least once.)

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:17 am

Couple of pics of Sami. Bottom one is an experiment in color, top one an experiment with shading. And trees. I am so f*ckin' proud of that tree.

The middle one is a doodle I've been sitting on for a little while, cleaned up and inked quickly. I wanted to show off what that mouth conceals - what better way than with an enraged expression/threat display?

That first one is also the base for how all of the Oniare like Sami look. There are only variations in eye color with them - they display no outward sexual dimorphism. There are most likely several different subspecies, though, which I will get around to designing in time.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Thu May 28, 2015 7:02 pm

LOOK WHO GOT MAKEOVERS

AND WHO'S BEEN PRACTICING FACES

Nicky Nick Nick. A.k.a. Arsenic. This is how I've always pictured him and how he'll stay, now that my art skills have finally developed enough that I can draw faces.

The scars are mostly me experimenting with him being a little banged up. He wasn't always a proficient killer, after all.

Since Nick got a bit of a makeover, I figured Vix should get one too.

Mostly I just really wanted to draw her.

And Sami, in color. Eventually they might all be colored, I'm tossing the idea around.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Sun May 31, 2015 12:31 am

CS asked me to draw Baaz. Here she is, ready to kick some ***. Popped collar and everything. :U

Reference used: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... c3d8cf.jpg

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:21 pm

More characters because I just never stop. Can't stop won't stop. ALL OF THE ART.

LOOK AT ALL OF THESE FACES. Just about everyone's here.

Arsenic does stretches and practices being awesome when he's tense. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Actually I was bored and wanted to finally draw his skinny body. He's got a slightly weird body type because on top of being a magic user, an archer, and living an active life, he doesn't always take good care of himself.

Naturally I drove myself nuts trying to get it right. And I did! I'm happy with him for now.

And look who else got design updates!

Finally, some lizards. A.k.a Sami and her gliding companion, Salim.

I enjoy reptiles, have you noticed

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:33 am

Loving the updates and improvements, HF. I don't think I saw the Nick stretching pic, come to think of it. Though considering how advanced you've become with human poses I'm tempted to wonder if you have any intention of tackling a series of pics on each of the major assassins in poses that emphasise their particular techniques. Say, Nick in the middle of throwing a series of Adatas, Brionna with throwing knives in hand, Rowan with a bow...etc :P
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:25 am

One day, when I'm reasonably confident enough with action poses. :U Thanks!

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

PreviousNext

Return to General Art