Godzilla

Movie reviews and discussion.

Godzilla

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:35 pm

I am a HUGE Godzilla fan. I have just about all the movies. Excluding GINO (code name for American Godzilla. Us Godzilla fans don't like calling him Godzilla). I was wondering if anyone else like Godzilla. If you don't, then ok. If you hate him,then I hate you!
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:10 pm

funny....i like the american godzilla more than the others.......the original godzilla is too slow and cumbersome and looks like a dinosaur 1920s style. i am still waiting for Godzilla [GINO] 2... :P
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:29 pm

I hate you. :lol: . Actually in Godzilla Final Wars,which is the latest Godzilla movie, they had Godzilla fight many monster that he had fought before.And some new ones.....Like GINO. He shot fire at GINO but GINO jumped into the air (he was made with CGI of course) but Godzilla smacked him away with his tail into a building and Godzilla shot his pissed off fire blast (different one then normal, more powerful) and he said bye bye to GINO.
TyrannoTitan

Postby o-eternal-o » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:58 am

I've watched a godzilla. Can't remember which one it was though. Pretty cool though.
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Peter the Reaper » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:05 pm

I've watched a lot of Zilla's. And GINO stands for Godzilla In Name Only, for whoever is wondering. But, all in all, Godzilla '98 really shouldn't be put on the same category as the japanese ones. It's a whole different media. Hollywood and the rest of the world! It's like mixing pie and chocolate milk!:P
Peter the Reaper
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:06 am

I agree. And I can name all Godzilla movies! I think my favorite Godzilla movie is Godzilla vs Gigan. Its in the Showa era. It has Godzilla, Angulias,King Ghidorah,and Gigan fight. Its all a bunch of guys in suits but thats what Godzilla is!
TyrannoTitan

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:43 am

i only know GODZILLA i don't know what version or anything else but i also like the Cartoon version
but i didn't like it when she died :( :P
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby Tyrannosaurus Emperor » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:07 am

GODZILLA or GINO had to be iguana affected by nuclear radiation!!!....imagine T-REX affected by nuclear radiation!!??.... It will be too humongous and horrible .....un speakable :twisted:
Tyrannosaurus Emperor

Postby Doc 42 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:42 am

Ive only seen the moderen one (in new york) problay GINO not sure but liked the part with the helicopters
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Peter the Reaper » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:57 pm

Tyrannosaurus Emperor wrote:imagine T-REX affected by nuclear radiation!!??

THAT, sir, is the answer to your enquiry :P
Peter the Reaper
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:41 pm

YUCK! keep that over grown komodo dragon out of TV and cartoons! it looks disgusting! i'd prefer to have a regular Rex running around North America [or maybe San Diego] to that anyday...

and yes Doc 42, that was GINO. i preffer him to the japanese rubber suit monsters anyday...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Peter the Reaper » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:58 pm

The Kingpin wrote:YUCK! keep that over grown komodo dragon out of TV and cartoons! it looks disgusting! i'd prefer to have a regular Rex running around North America [or maybe San Diego] to that anyday...

DL knows, DL knows, lol. Just adding a little fun to this.
and yes Doc 42, that was GINO. i preffer him to the japanese rubber suit monsters anyday...

I'm sorta in-between both concepts.
The Japanese Godzilla is the first Zilla I've seen, and, as the original, has the nostalgia factor in favour.
Albeight the movies' plots weren't the best, they shure were extensively better than the '98 Zilla. The '98 counterpart (can't really count this as a "remake" or "version" due to core changes in both plot structure and prop design) has great ideas, but poorly achieved.
The incapability of spiting any kind of powerful "beam" - I'd be extremely happy with fire ("Dragons: a myth made real" have an excelent representation of how it could be done) - is also a big let down, IMO.
Peter the Reaper
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:32 pm

funny...that's exactly how i feel....except the nostalgia factor is rather less powerful in my case, since i saw one of the Jap Zillas [i think it was Godzilla vs. Mothra, or Godzilla vs. Gigan (showa era, i think)] shortly before seeing GODZILLA [GINO]. i loved the 98 Zilla because it looked like how an active reptilian [like a Raptor, Rex, or any other Predatory dinos] should look, the walking reminding me alot of a very athletic Rex with less extreme relative proportions between the head and the rest of the body, and the tail just constantly making me think "if that enormous lizard thought of using it's tail as a weapon, it could do quite a few things...split a tank in half [or rather crush it underneath], or maybe split a building down the middle when you consider the size of the tail and the strength a creature that big would have. the fact that it couldn't actually blow fire was a let down, though, when you think of the story of it, this one shouldn't really have fire at all [granted, it shouldn't really exist, either], since there isn't really any way that Nuclear Radiation could cause a creature to develop an entirely new organ to generate fire, or a laser beam, like the Jap Zilla did...
although the Jap Zillas always have given me memories, in some cases [especially Godzilla vs. Mothra...made a drawing of Mothra when i was around 9 years old...], the GINO is still my favourite...although im hoping someone can actually use the ending to make a sequel, and this time give the youngster fire as a weapon and maybe make it a bit tougher....[i dont remember ever seeing JapZilla being killed. only hurt...]..and have it wreak havoc, cause a few more youngsters to be born, and then return to the ocean....as a sea monster to rival the Kraken or something :P

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Peter the Reaper » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:10 pm

I don't see very well the use of a tail in GINO, since it's mostly designed for balance/swim thrutsting and direction, and, if an iguana can turn into THAT thing, it isn't very hard to also think a new organ could have been created/duplicated (a new sac of lungs) :P

And, there are no plans for a sequel to GINO in the near future.

hehe, now that I think of it, GINO is an excelent interpretation of a Spinosaurid... when we talk about basic anatomy, obviously. Tail proportion, body build (except for head mass), arm ratio... really makes a valid model for spinosauridae.
Peter the Reaper
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:37 pm

lol...balance and thrusting while swimming? well, what about the tail-whipping that Iguanas are known for? [i got a really serious lashing from a young male green iguana a few years ago...my pet...that wasn't too happy with me...maybe becuase i was cuddling and petting the female that was with him....jealous bugger... :P ]. true, Iguanas use the tail for swimming, i've seen my iguanas doing it once, moving the tail slightly from side to side in a rippling motion. balance is a new feature, because it's standing, rather than crawling on all fours like a normal lizard. dunno about the spare lungs...may as well have grown wings and become a full blown Dragon...now THAT, would be cool! 8)

although proportions are similar to the spinosauridae, i dont think the shape is right...the Spino get's skinnier as you go up..Godzilla get's wider as you go up... :lol:

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Peter the Reaper » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:44 pm

The Kingpin wrote:lol...balance and thrusting while swimming? well, what about the tail-whipping that Iguanas are known for? [i got a really serious lashing from a young male green iguana a few years ago...my pet...that wasn't too happy with me...maybe becuase i was cuddling and petting the female that was with him....jealous bugger... :P ].

Never saw one do that, so I wasn't aware, lol.
true, Iguanas use the tail for swimming, i've seen my iguanas doing it once, moving the tail slightly from side to side in a rippling motion. balance is a new feature, because it's standing, rather than crawling on all fours like a normal lizard. dunno about the spare lungs...may as well have grown wings and become a full blown Dragon...now THAT, would be cool! 8)

But wouldn't be Godzilla XP
although proportions are similar to the spinosauridae, i dont think the shape is right...the Spino get's skinnier as you go up..Godzilla get's wider as you go up... :lol:

Basic morphology fits in spinosauridae, so, it is possible to extrapolate. Especially into S. aegyptiacus.
Peter the Reaper
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:13 pm

Don't dis Godzilla -_- Godzilla>Everything. Even a Crusher-sized Rex would die in a heart beat. Don't classify him either. He is a survived dinosaur that was mutated by nuclear weapons. Thats his story. And its a Rex-like dinosaur.
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:20 am

we weren't dissing...i just said that thing looked really ridiculous to me...the GINO looks more...well, natural...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:12 pm

This probly also fits under the "dont dis godzilla catagory"
But at first I thought it was a rabid otter. (until I saw the train in its mouth then I realised it was a giant rabid otter) :)
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby TyrantTR » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:17 am

It's always a debate that the old Godzilla's traditional effects should be changed. Yet they say no. I happen to agree. I think it was a style that aparently realy worked for them, and in there opinion was much more realalistic then the CGI GINO. I think that both are pretty good. And both had there faults. GINO had a constant ability to get miss scaled and miss shaped. The footprint in the begining for example, was way to big to fit the actual animal. I liked GINO because it was more of a Sci Fi plot that was a bit beliveble, instead of a trex being nuclear powered like the original. But the suit way is a lazy yet effective type of special effects. For Japan it worked like a charm, for us it just looks fakey. Yet I enjoy all of the Godzilla series, Godzila vs. Space Godsilla being my favorite. Movies witout good effects can still be good movies.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Next

Return to General Movies