My Works (In Progress :P) of Art

Enjoy drawing? Sculpting? Other types of art? Here's a place for it!

My Works (In Progress :P) of Art

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:00 am

Well, after having drawn a few new drawings lately, i decided i'd put them up here. here are the latest ones i've made:

An Emperor's Pride:
http://kingpin2007.deviantart.com/art/A ... e-66257517

Here is my favourite among the numerous characters i have created. Emperor Inferno, leader of the Red Dragonflight in my Fantasy RPG. With armour that can deter all but the most powerful blows, mastery over the skies, a bite to put most others to shame, fiery weapons that could bring anything short of hell itself to it's knees before him, complete command over anything with a temperature, a very creative mind and a merciless, though hard to lose temper, he is a force to be reckoned with if crossed.

the striped fin isn't really striped. i intend on erasing it once i colour it. the fin is multi coloured and elemental, so in order to make sure i don't go too far with one of it's colours, i've marked it with lines. the fin goes from royal blue at the base, to cyan just above it, to yellow above that, to orange, and finally red, all of it seemingly made of fire. his wings are unusually massive by Dragon standards, giving him more capability while in the air, and still being capable of incredibly tight aerobic manoeuvres. his tail has a 5 spike fan tail, the talon/spikes on the end capable of slashing through solid diamond like butter, as is the case with his clawed limbs. if he wills to, he can excrete an extremely hot liquid from the tip of the centre spike, the liquid being hot enough to melt through just about anything. powerful, but very hard to anger, he is the one to approach with problems the other older, more experienced emperors would see themselves to high to bother with. he also has a tendency to handle things better than they do as well, his young, free mind more imaginative than the other 6 elderly dragons...

The rise of the King
http://kingpin2007.deviantart.com/art/T ... g-63345613

the scene in the picture shows Crusher at the end of the fight, pinning Thrasher down and raking his side with his toe claws. he has ripped off part of the end of the tail, torn off Thrasher's right arm, and taken 2 bites out of his sail. earlier in the fight, Crusher's been clawed on the tail, side and on the neck and leg. the 3 claw scar on his face is old, and another almost identical scar is on the other side of his face, though caused by a separate event. the Spinosaur behind Crusher is normal sized, with Crusher and Thrasher being abnormally large. the Spinosaur is just frozen in shock as it watches the largest and most dominant predator on the island get destroyed by the Tyrannosaur. next to it, 2 Raptors, old allies of the Rex, stand and watch the scene. there's a Baryonyx lying on Thrasher's tail, dead from a failed attempt at stopping Crusher. there are A LOT more Spinosaurs there, but I'm to lazy to draw them
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:36 am

Awesome work KP.

Inferno looks incredible. The detail is amazing, along with the design.

Crusher, Thrasher, and the raptors look great. I'm especially impressed with the raptors' detail, seeing as they are so small.
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:38 am

Well, your model's are amazing. But the Crusher drawing looks like 2D cut outs are dueling. No offence. They are too stiff. A bit of perspective and that picture would do wonders.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby C S » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:01 pm

I disagree, the only thing I find alittle off is Crusher's eyes. When I draw, I make sure that the eyes are locked on to any target like in fights, and have the veins buldge as they peirce the flesh

basically, you can see the rage well up. In the pic, it seems crusher is looking at the grass....

every thing else is awsome!
Last edited by C S on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:07 pm

Well that too. But the picture is just from the side. THere is a rule I learned in art class:
SIde view = lacking

Front view= better

And a combination of the two, diagonal = Best.

Add a little perspective into that and it may just be beautiful no matter how you draw it.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby C S » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:19 pm

oh that. Yea Now I agree with you. That is what give a picture...the life like felling.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:23 am

i would if i could. unfortunately, i have almost no schooling as far as drawing is conscerned. it's all just plain self taught stuff. im terrible at front on views, and diagonal is a nightmare...

sculpting is my strong point [ask TT. he's seen a few sculptures :P ]. drawing: an old hobby im getting back into due to the lack of clay supplies :cry:
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby C S » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:22 pm

Try 3 dimensional. Start with shapes like cubes and retangles and work your way up.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Anaclagon » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:11 pm

Those pics are real good... wish I could draw like that :/

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:19 pm

In a random spurt of hilarious creativity, this was created. im sure that anyone whose had a look at ISS, the Memberlist or the clips on YouTube would get it...

http://kingpin2007.deviantart.com/art/C ... s-75403902

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby C S » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:00 pm

XD!! Ya, every one on youtube keeps hunying you down to get the Crasher skin.But im more with Darkness.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrantTR » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:16 pm

Lawl.

Sometimes Dio's unpopularity has it's advantages. :P Poor Crusher and Darky.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Thu May 22, 2008 1:02 pm

here's the first version of my Dragon Character, Inferno, coloured. it's still a prototype. i plan to modify the fin and eyes, IF it turns out to be the one i like best. i just thought i'd post one so people dealing with him know what he looks like:

http://kingpin2007.deviantart.com/art/A ... 3-86381009

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Pyronychus » Fri May 23, 2008 3:42 pm

Looks really good KP. You put a lot of detail into that outline, and the fin is awesome. Looking forward to the next version.

Member of the Slow Posters Club
Pyronychus
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby The Kingpin » Fri May 23, 2008 4:04 pm

thanks! :D
the original is in pencil [further up, you can see it]. i don't think a final version will come out unless i get some help. the fin is actually a gradient fading from rich royal blue [you know the colour that the flames on a stove are?] to red, with black quills pointing up in between each section of membrane. the fin is glowing with fiery energy, and in most cases, actually ripples with tongues of flame reaching out from it, though the most protruding points in the fin are the quills. another thing is the eyes. if you've ever seen a Ratholos eye in a Monster Hunter advert, you'll know what Inferno's eyes look like. basically the same, only with a faint glow to them that'll get brighter as he gets older. neither of them i can do myself due to my limited skills with drawing them. in the future i intend to make a sketch of Inferno's crown [which is really small in this pic. it's a Cobra with spikes lining either side of it's hood, with the edges of the hood being silver and the center being gold, coiled around a red glowing gem in the center. the only part of the cobra that's actually gold is the center of the hood on front and back sides, reaching the mouth. the rest is silver] so that people know exactly what it looks like. for now though, that's about my limit. i can't do gradients and i can't do glowing effects. and i can't get a commission from anyone who CAN on DeviantArt without being charged >.<

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:24 pm

though i know i'm double posting, simply editing wouldn't get anyone's attention here :P

so here are a couple of weapons in my character Drake's arsenal:

Drake's Trademark Concealed Arm Blades

the blades are designed to slide out of a mechanism in a gauntlet hidden under Drake's sleeves. the sharp edges [which are white due to the sharpening, compared to the black surface of the normal edge] are, in usual circumstances, retracted under the surface of the blade, blocked by a special metal panel which slides back along the blade when they're swung out. the blade, when fully spread outwards, is about 7 inches wide from edge to edge. the inside of the claw-like part of the blade is serrated. it's made form a nearly indestructable silver-steel superalloy, as is almost all of Drake's other weapons. laser sharpened to the point of insanity, this blade can cut through almost anything

Nemesis 50 caliber Magnum

Next, Drake's beloved Nemesis Magnum. made form the same material as his blades, the Magnum is almost indestructable, highly heat resistant, and is meant to withstand incredible pressure if needed. 16 inches long, having a slightly reflective luster, dark oakwood grip and a specialized design ment to carry 50 caliber ammunition, an extended barrelthis weapon is probably the most lethal guns in Drake's arsenal.
Last edited by The Kingpin on Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Zephyr » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:26 pm

both very very cool
Zephyr
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:54 am

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/ ... mplete.jpg

my new Dragon Character, Horus, in GEW. i intend to post Bane soon...
Last edited by The Kingpin on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:03 am

Very nice drawing of Horus. I especially like the expression on his face and the axe blades on his tail.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Pyronychus » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:28 am

Wow. As usual, amazing detail. Are you planning on coloring a copy?

Member of the Slow Posters Club
Pyronychus
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Next

Return to General Art