the mysteriose case of the dog that died in the night

Like books? Talk about them here!

the mysteriose case of the dog that died in the night

Postby chook151 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:17 am

good book, tragic story of a 14-16 year old with aspergus syndrome(forgot how to spell it), quite rude, but still good story.

my rate:9/10

if your younger than 16 i suggest you dont read this book, im 17 and so its fine with me. :)
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Dinonerd » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:26 am

OMG i had to read this for school, it was so s***. The character was annoying, his family was annoying. And the author wasn't that great at dragging me in. Beileive me i know a good book when i read one. I have read twelve books in 2007 and that shows i do alot of reading and i give this book 3/10.
Dinonerd
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby chook151 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:28 am

yeah, it sucked, but i liked it, i didnt like the overload of swearing, that was WAK!
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:16 pm

Never read the book....and I don't think I want to after what you people have said...
TyrannoTitan

Postby Doc 42 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:47 pm

I read half of it...hated it....Threw it out. I am 15 and it was suitable for me, but it sucked. :p
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Legendary Elite » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:17 am

I didn't mind it, it's quite interesting going into the mind of someone who suffers from a type of Autism which is a very serious problem that many people have. They might seem all sensitive on the outside but they can be quite smart on the inside, very intelligent. And TT it is a good story (aside from the swearing, I mean you do see a lot of it in books these days so it's not so suprising) and shows how messed up a family can become, it has a drastic impact on the boy Christopher in the book (I won't spoil it for you). It also contains chapters of Christopher and how he thinks in terms of Mathematical problems all of which can be quite complex but are explainitory. Anyway I reckon the book was worth reading considering how I was able to relate his autism to mine (I do have autism but it's a bit different to his).
Legendary Elite
Banned

Return to General Books