a new jp operation genesis

Video game reviews and discussion.

a new jp operation genesis

Postby VelociRex » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:24 pm

well iv got to say that jp og is a seriously cool game especially on the pc because u can edit everytin but there are a few flaws with it, like the size of the island amount of dinosaurs but i think that blue tongue might create a new game, im going to contact the main designers for the game and give them a few ideas, so if anyone wants to add anything tell me so i can get hrough to them
VelociRex
Worm
Worm

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:15 pm

MORE DINOS!!!!

Thats what everyone wants. And....

Smaller Spino

More Buildings

More Customizable Island

Better AI

More Dinos

Wild Fires

Baby Dinos

Male and Female Dinos

Packing in Other Dinos

Bigger, Non-Spitting Dilophosaurus

More Dinos

Marine Animals

Flying Creatures

More Dinos

Deep Water

More Trees

Tall Grass

Allow Dinos to Stalk Prey

Realism

More Dinos

I think that covers it all :D .

Also, wrong place. Moving to Gaming section. And, don't make two identical topics.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Galliruler » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:26 am

A river ride

Avairy

Pteranodons

Carnosaurus

Canon Skins

MORE DINOS(As TT already pointed out :D )

Play as a Dino

Digsites

TLW buildings

Buildings take time to build like the visitor center stars out as wood then over time medal then concrete

A Ranger jeep

And thats it for now.
Galliruler

Postby chook151 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:18 am

the giga... PUT IN THE GIGA!!!!! :D

and plesosaurs, eg, lioplerodon, tylosaurus, leeditchthysis, metryorinthis, etc.

and numerous death duels, yep numerous death duels would be good,

and male & female breeding, more realistic(males more aggresive).

and like everyone suggests....

MORE DINOS!!
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Doc 42 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:40 pm

Hotel...
More vehicals
Dinos attacking buildings
Power management
Rare fossils[ for some of the dinos the fossils should be exetremly hard too find.
If I think of more I will post them
AND I dont think they will have a sequel beacuse JP:OG didnt sell all that great
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby chook151 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:35 am

play as human hunter, 1st person.

when shooting animals besides dinosaurs they acctually take damage.

smaller spino(unless you dont know i think spinos 12 mtrs long, carchs 12.5 mtrs long, trex is 13 mtrs and giga 13.4 mtrs.)[/u]
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:45 pm

I said I listed them all! *glares at everyone*

:D

Ya....

MORE DINOS!
TyrannoTitan

Postby Crusher » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:32 am

More Death Duels!: Allosaurus vs. Stegosaurus, Charcaradontosaurus vs. Spinosaurus, T.Rex vs. T.rex, Allosaurus vs. Spinosaurus, Velociraptor vs. Spinosaurus, T.rex vs. Velociraptor ( Yes, I know they have it in GEP, but Blue tongue is a game designer, lets see what they can do) Charcarodontosaurus vs. Triceratops, Charcarodontosaurus vs. Triceratops. Also, Male and Female mating to produce an egg, egg hatches and becomes a dino which will grow to be an adult!

AND MORE DINOS!
Crusher is king!
Crusher
Worm
Worm

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:53 am

chook151 wrote:the giga... PUT IN THE GIGA!!!!! :D

NO FOR GODS SAKE WE DO NOT NEED ANOTHER DINOSAUR BIGGER THAN THE REX. *pants heavily*
*calms down*
Giga sucks anyways-ahehehehem...

We need...

MORE DINOSAURS.

River Adventure

Aviary Builder

Pteronodons

Why does everyone want plesiosaurs? I see no use for them-*killed*

Realalistic Dinosaurs

Alternate Skins

More Digsites

Expanded Dinopedia

More Diseases

Hotel

Fancy Resturants

Other types of Food

Stalls

Buildings for Show

Tour Objects, like Jurassic Park gate mabye?

And... stuff...
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby chook151 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:25 am

whatever, i cant see the point of saying a gigas a loser, anyway, its gonna be in it neh-neh

anyway jpog needs more dinos.

roads.

creat custom skins on PS2.

and that all ive thought of, oh yeah, no zombie dinos, they,re hilarious! :lol:
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby VelociRex » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:26 pm

thanks for all the ideas guys there wiked but i stil need more they wont accept less than 30 new ideas or more i think there being total diks somethin about game specs or somin lol enyway ill tell you when the limit is there thanks again
VelociRex
Worm
Worm

Postby Doc 42 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:11 pm

Toatal park collpase mode
After a number of escapes and power loses and if contact/transportation is unavilable, your park enters total failure mode.
In this stage your park cant be opened, there is no way to contact the outside world.
In this mode your goal is too either evacuate everyone off the Island or elese attempet to bing power and a secure bondary online. your only ability is direct control of a hunter with a rifle.
However, once contact is lost with the outside world, Ingen send a team of AI controled hunters to try resuce you and your colloges.( these would just act like dinos on your team with a scripted squence when they find the old vistor center
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:50 pm

oh boy...im gonna give you guys a headache... :P

More Dinosaurs

Hotels
Should be JP Styled, and have a Helipad at the top for emergancy evacuation of visitors...

Security Centers
better versions of Ranger stations. they have wranglers in them, as well as choppers. should have an emergancy helipad for visitors to escape the island if a major escape happens

Marine Security Centers
like the one above, except it has boats and mini-subs to help vaccinate the marine reptiles, if they're added. oh, and no escape chopper [how'd you get a chopper to lad on a pad that's 10 feet below the water?! :P ]

Breading without Hatcheries
read the lower suggestion to find out what i have in mind with this

Off-Island importing of Dinos
sort of like the bit in JP, where Hammond Mentions the Dinos are brought from Site B, and put into the exhibits. we could have the dinos (pairs: 1 male, 1 female) brought in from Site B on the first time (open a window which asks you which dino you want, and you select, and chose 1 male and 1 female), and after that, keep the park dependant on the dinosaurs' breeding. some dinos, like Rexes, Gigas and other very large, very powerful super preds should have very low breeding rates, so you dont end up with islands crawling with 100+ Rexes :shock: . Herbivores that make up the Predators' main diet should have relatively high breeding rates. Raptors have among the highest breeding rates, with only Compies [if included] and small herbivores topping them.

Colour Variation between Genders
Have the males more vibrant than the females. in the super preds' case, make the male a slightly darker [but still more vibrant] colour pattern.

Museums
When a certain dino in your park dies, and it drew in major popularity in life, you can take it's skeleton and use it for display. making it so that some dinos get permanent scars in fights would make this even more interesting. each museum should have about 5-10 spaces for dino skeletons.

Underwater tunnels
Hallway underwater, with a thick glass cieling [sorta like a pipe underwater, made of glass. the ones that some Aquariums have]. they are used to view the Marine creatures in the park.

Visitor view
Anyone who played Zoo Tycoon 2 knows what i mean. this view puts you in the eyes of a visitor, as if you are actually walking through your park. to make it more appealing, the skins on visitors need to be better. It would also be a good idea to boost the details when you enter a museum, with certain set spots in the museum to place dinos. lets say 5 different spaces to put the skeletons of dinos, all in very high detail, split from the main game by a loading screen. it would be like FPS Games, but without a gun. this view allows you to take pictures as well, to use as screen shots for your desktop, or even the background of the main menu of the game. the super high detail bit should be implemented on all in-door places, so that, if you went into a Marine Tunnel, Museum, or any other building that is added [must be special. not going into food stands or gift shops. they stay at a medium level of detail, and are all the same, to save the work and time of making several differently skinned high detail copies of the same building], youd feel like you were actually there.

Genetic modification
Allows you to occasionally modify the dinos [has a high price tag. up to $100,000 in game], to make a single, unique attraction. you can modify looks, longevity, strength, size [im sure everyone knows why i suggested these :P ], and several other things. maybe BT could have a look at similar technology that made games like NFS: Carbon so popular and versatile when it comes to customizing things.

Pack behaviour for some dinos
should also be one of the possible features with the Genetic Modification idea: how likely the creation is to pack with others of it's base species (the dino that was used as a base for the creation).

Intelligent Raptors
they should obviously communicate, and do things like ambushes. they should also be able to enter buildings [good luck escaping if your in visitor view :P ]

Set Scar points
Dinos that are well known [Rex, Raptor, Steg...etc] should have some set scar points, so that when they get into fghts and are wounded, the wound shows on the scar points. for example, Rex gets a slash over the snout's right/left side, or on the eye. if possible, all dinos should have scar points. if not all, at least the well known ones should get them.

these are just starters. if i get any other really interesting ideas, i'll mention them :wink: .
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:33 pm

I want better behavior over all else. Example:

A herd of Para are walking around a lake while a pack of raptors are hunting them. I want them to HUNT THEM, not run out like a chicken without a head and get killed. I want them to stalk them, then attack a younger/older/weaker one of the group when they are distracted. I hope other carnivores are the same, but I REALLY want the raptors improved.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Galliruler » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:13 pm

HOTEL
Like the ones that were originally in the game but have a helipad.

AVAIRY
It covers 25% of your island and raptors, guest, and other small dinos can enter.

AMBEINT ANIMALS!
Like sharks, fish, crocs, komodo dragon, turtles, and snakes.

AI
Smarter dinos. Like the raptors could nest in trees(More on that later). Dryosaurs could also live in kopa trees.

BIGGER TREES
Bigger trees such as the kopa, Elephant ear, or a large fern.

REALISM
Such as the Tyrannosaur go after smaller, slower dinos rather than the faster ones.

POWER MANEGMENT
The power on everything could go out and you have to manually fix it.

FALIURE
If a carnivore gets loose and wanders to the end of the island you can take control of a guest and get a sub-machine gun and hunt it down.

MULTIPLE ISLANDS
Dinos can breed on one island and then you can transport them to the park.

BREEDING
If a animal comes a parent then it becomes aggressive and will drag meat to the nest. And the baby learns from to hunt.

FIRST PERSON VEIW
Same as FALIURE but without a gun.

Thats it. I may add more.
Galliruler

Postby chook151 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:18 pm

ya everything that he said! :D

oh, and KP, ive seen a raptor i a toilet before(JPOG of course) but i still think the raptors should be made better, i mean, they,re normal skin look nothing like the other raptor skins, especially the ones in the intro.

and compies

and veiw choppers to veiw pterosaurs,(a balloon would be popped by a pterosaurs beak while chopper has armor and weapons).

and mixed DNA on rare events, if so like carch/spino or rex/giga, if these accidental events happen, if the dinosaur lives, it cannot breed for it is a mix of two different dinosaurs.
Last edited by chook151 on Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:22 pm

I say have Carnos as well. And let them have camo. Also, make the Dilo able to spit, but take away the frill (book concept)
TyrannoTitan

Postby chook151 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:33 pm

ya i beleive dilopho could spit poison but that frill thing is dumb, and make it a scavenger, it probably sometimes fought with another dilopho for a carcass, and its teeth whernt built for tearing flesh, but it couldve ganged up on small dinos, and yeah, i want carno, and daspletosaurus, my fave medium carnivore dino!
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Doc 42 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:01 pm

Hooligans
These guys try to act cool, break stuff, make your other visators miserable, and worst of all, try to prove they have guts by getting through a fence some how, crawling, jumpin over at veiw station that kinda stuff.

Garuds
Anti hooligans, these staff go around your park looking out for hooligans and throw them out
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:32 pm

Sweet. Nice idea.
TyrannoTitan

Next

Return to General Games