Who YOU want as the superpredator of JP4

Movie reviews and discussion.

Who YOU want as the superpredator of JP4

Postby Raptor Llama » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:00 pm

Well, let's here who you want to be the main predator of JP4!

Do you want the rex to return?

Do you want the Gigantosaurus to take a stand?

Do you want a newly dicovered dinosaur to lead the way?

Post your prefrences here!

Who do you want the top of the food chain to be in the next edition to the Jurassic Park Saga?

Well, I beilive Speilberg is directing it, and since by the laws of hollywood studies have shown that it's next to impossible to have Steve make a bad movie, it should be good if he directs it!

(I personally didn't hate JP3, wasen't too great, but I don't think it was so horrible. I usually find away to enjoy anything somehow, I thought it was OK.)

Ok, I think the rex shouldn't be back *dodges bricks* Eh, I think he's already too famous. He also might be a scavenger, and what fun would that be?

So I say that it's time for the Velociraptor's cousin to take a stand!

A pack of Megaraptors!

Those things could be good, if they use 'em right. Or maybe they'll make a bigger version, like a lot bigger, after all, not all dinosaurs have been discovered yet, so something bigger might be nice! Maybe then can make it slightly bigger, after all, if the Raptors got that, why can't these raptors get it? And a fairly big pack of them, attacking, whether the movie is on the island or not. Fast, jumping, pack hunting, oh the fun!

So my vote goes toward Megaraptors!

How about you?
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby TyrantTR » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:44 am

I think in a world of speculation and dout about most all dinosaurs, I (as a director) would never be to sure what animal to choose for the leading predator. And lets be honest, the whole fandom is based on a book. And how true have we kept to that book? I don't think that if someone read the book he'd be able to conect it easily to the film. As of such, I belive the rex should return. Ingen made only a few animals, and only a few of those few animals were carnivores. And lets face it, the rex was the largest and best of those carnivores. And really the book came from an era when the rex was the undisputed king, without any compotition dispite the Giganatosaurus' discovery a few years or so earlier.

If your going to make a movie based on a book, I find it pointless to make the characters entirely different from the book. A nice John Hammond is as bad as a week rex to Jurassic Park standards.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:07 am

T-Rex. JP3 was the dumbest decision they ever made, besides the massive plot holes and overall stupidity of the movie.

They replaced their icon. Its like Disney shooting Mickey Mouse in the face and then replacing him with "Ricky the Rat". Change the story, change the other dinosaurs, even add other super predators as part of the film, but keep T-rex.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Raptor Llama » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:08 am

Well, we could bring in Carotaur, and have him play the role he did in TLW. That had sort of two super predators in a way...
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby CRUSHER IS KING » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:09 pm

Yeah, but a Carnotaur is no competion for a Rex if they actually met. the Rex could kill in under 2-3 minutes, but first the Rex would have to find it, wait it could smell.
CRUSHER IS KING
Banned

Postby Doc 42 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:48 pm

I don't think the super predators deserve the spot light at all. In all 3 films the raptors have been the main focus. I think they should be the main villians in the next one, maybe haveing them actually kill the super predator who everyone thinks is going to be the big baddie
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:49 pm

I agree with Doc. The raptors rock out loud.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby CRUSHER IS KING » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:50 pm

that is a good idea. have the raptors do something unexpected. runs off to think off evil ideas. MWAHAHA!! :twisted:
CRUSHER IS KING
Banned

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:21 am

The Raptors have the spotlight, almost all the time, there what everyone is worried about, even in the novel, in JP1 Muldon always went after the raptors, always thought they were the smartest of the group, in the second, hell everyone feared the raptors, but the 3 one sucked so we won't count thaqt, but unless they all gather like pirahnna I highly dout they'd be any match for a larger predator like rex or others
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Raptor Llama » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:19 am

Ya, the Raptors are still my favorite animal. That's why I say Megaraptors. Then they would stand a chance against the big ones. A pack could kill rexes, Spinos, just about anything. When A raptor gets that big, it gets much more powerful. A one foot killer claw can really hurt you, much more than a six inch claw can. And that claw can pop a rex's artery, then the rex dies. That's just one. Imagine a pack of three. They would be a main focus.
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:54 am

I say there are two sides to it. Raptors, and the super predator. They rarely collide, and JP1 was the only movie where they did, which resulted in the single most epic dinosaur related scene known to mankind :P

Raptors and Rex are a must, I have to say. But yes, it does get old seeing the same thing over and over again. Thats why I say have multiple super predators, and they clash frequently, but never in a lethal way, until maybe the end of the film. And also having a long "Raptors VS Rex" fight would be sweet. Not like JP1; as in 5 Raptors attacking a Rex and the fight itself lasting a good 5-7 minutes.
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:37 pm

Raptor Llama wrote:Ya, the Raptors are still my favorite animal. That's why I say Megaraptors. Then they would stand a chance against the big ones. A pack could kill rexes, Spinos, just about anything. When A raptor gets that big, it gets much more powerful. A one foot killer claw can really hurt you, much more than a six inch claw can. And that claw can pop a rex's artery, then the rex dies. That's just one. Imagine a pack of three. They would be a main focus.

RL, last i heard, Megaraptor didn't even HAVE killer claws. people assumed it upon discovery, but apparently, they later discovered it didn't have them on their toes, but instead on their hands [very similar to a mistake made with Baryonyx]. so yeah. they'd be your average predator. almost generic. not really fit for a Super Predator icon for the film. people still want to believe the giant Raptor theory [hence why it's the more popular version on the internet], but supporting proof for it is starting to lessen...

I, being an avid Rex fan, vote for the T.Rex to return as the Apex predator of the JP Series. it had all the qualities of a perfect super predator. Horner just wanted to apply his [really, really, REALLY stupid IMO] theory in such a way that it became popular, using JP as a way of spreading it and trying to gain more support for it. while in fact, the Rex had too many qualities that supported a more predatory lifestyle. as for JP, i think the Rex should be the Apex predator, with Raptors back [they're a must] with a new colour scheme [something easier on the eyes than that dead-decaying looking white and black colour scheme], perhaps throw in Giganotosaurus as a secondary Super Predator. maybe have it so that they're both targetting the heros [they could apply some sort of memory to them, like with elephants, so that they'd have the capacity to do such things believably] and clash with eachother at times they get close, finally ending in a final fight between the two at the end. done right, i think this cuold turn out to be really good. they'll of course have to watch how much gore there is in it [too little and the fights becoem boring and kung-fu-esque, and too much and it becomes a cheap B-Movie], and perhaps watch the behaviour of the dinosaurs in the film to make sure they don't do unbelievable things. sprinkle in a bit of logical-scientific talk to explain the behaviour and you're up for a hell of a movie...
Last edited by The Kingpin on Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:01 pm

That sounds good, KP, but it's not likely.

First off, you KNOW they'll put the Spino back in and make him the Super Predator (something I don't really support). They'll obviously add the raptors, but I am hoping the Rex will become the main predator in the movie.
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:13 pm

here's the thing though. movie producers and directors and screenwriters make some stupid decisions sometimes. but they're not complete idiots. they'll learn from their past mistakes. they saw how bad the ratings on JPIII were from the fans. they were destroying their fan base, and with it, a large chunk of the fan-product [toys, books, posters...etc] buyers that were loyal to the series. just looking online they'd know why. The Spino's rise to power as an uber unkillable mutant duck, and the fall of the T. Rex, which, as can be expected, was somewhat superior in the matter. they'll reverse it if they have any kind of brain at all...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:14 pm

And maybe they'll get someone good to direct it. I don't think Joe Johnston did a very good job.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure they'll add the Rex and make him the top predator IF they're smart.
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:47 pm

Joe Johnson did a horrible job at directing it, his action scenes were dry as usual. -_-, but I belive I read in an interview they were fixing all the mistakes they made, and are even going to use some scenes from the book. They weren't specific, and Spino pwning rex could have been one of there mistakes. : D We could have a second Spino Rex death duel with Rex totally ripping out Spino's throat.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Raptor Llama » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:37 pm

The fact is: we don't know. We weren't there, so the Megaraptors could've had it on their feet, or on their hands. A rather recent to the matter book said feet, Wikipedia said hands. I trust the book a bit more, due to Wikipedia's nature in, you know. On google image, only one of the pictures had it on the hands, the rest on the feet. And most dinosaur bones haven't even been discovered, so it's verry possible that speices that could kill rexes easily existed/exist (The world isn't as explored as some may think.) So, they could make an origanal dinosaur, although that may be far fetched, it may have existed. If Raptors really did get as big as a certain point, they would be extremely dangerous, and could kill anything if they had enough numbers.

Another option would be Denosuchus. Even though it really isn't a dinosaur, they were pretty dangerous. 60 feet of crocodile could be killing rexes. Or Megalodon, although that might be a stretch. Megalodon really require their own movie, not for JP. Megalodon would kill any rex or any dino that went into the saltwater for a bit.
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Doc 42 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:20 pm

I dont want some annoying Spino vs rex rematch. I think just one super predator is enough. I have a hunch that this time round the humans will be armed and dangerous. The larger predators wont be as dangerous as the smaller ones and will be over shadowed very quickly
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Raptor Llama » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:22 pm

The origanal script for JP4 was Dinosaurs carrying guns and shooting stuff. No joke.
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby TyrantTR » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:50 am

That was from a less than reliable source that supposedly "reviewed" the script. Don't trust the internet it tends to lie.

And JP is under a catogory what is it called, starts with an S, oh yeah. SCIENCE fiction. Not Fantasy, not Fiction, Science Fiction. Wich means it will use SCIENTIFIC FACT, and SCIENTIFIC estimates to make the film as SCIENTIFICLY enduced as they can while still makeing it fun. Now, according to SCIENCE, has there been a giant 40 foot long raptor found? And has it been in the book? SCIENTIFICLY no. There has been no SCIENTIFIC recording of a 40 foot long raptor. Nor has there been SCIENTIFIC rcording of a gaint mantatee with legs and razor sharp 20 foot long claws that makes a devilish screech as a war cry. So knowing that the movie is SCIENCE fiction, and is bassed on SCIENCE, do you really think they will make some random *** dinosaur to put randomly into the movie? Hell, no.

Now. Count how many times I misspelled science. :P
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Next

Return to General Movies