Who YOU want as the superpredator of JP4

Movie reviews and discussion.

Postby Raptor Llama » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:56 am

Well, then explain the size of the Dilophosaur, the size of the Velociraptors, and the frill of the Dilophosaur.
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:57 am

Actually, the raptor mistake was from thinking that Deinonychus was considered a species of Velociraptor. By the time the flaw was found out, the movie was already in production. And the Dilo could have been a juvenile.

As for the frill, that's the FICTION part. To add scariness to a scary movie.
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby TyrantTR » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:00 am

Velociraptor was simply cannon with the book, it was that size because there was some argument that Deinonychus WAS Velociraptor I belive. So guess what the author used SCIENCE, or what was SCIENCE at the time.

The DIlophosaurus was small because supposedly it was a juvinile. And the Frill was to add to the creature.

And by the way you seem to be confused on this bone fitting part so let me explain it to you.

If a bone fits with another bone, guess what, it probably was ment to be there. If a bone does not fit with the other bone, guess what, it was probably not ment to be there. If a bone looked like it fit with the other bone and was estimated to be with the other bone because it was similar to animals with similar bones in the same places but then recently it was discovered that the bone of the new animal does not fit there and infact fits somewere else, guess what. It was probably ment to be in that place that it fit.

Deal.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby C S » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:03 am

your forgetting DNA alering was used in the dinos, so size and extra features could be affected
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrantTR » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:04 am

With a frog, and are you forgetting in the novel they used several chapters to explain how REAL they were and how SCIENTIFIC they were and how they dispelled all the messed up hatchlings and eggs.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby CRUSHER IS KING » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:09 pm

True but I still vote for the Rex, Rex rules!!!!! :P
CRUSHER IS KING
Banned

Postby Warlock93 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:41 pm

I vote some people go back to Nublar(so T-rex and raptors again.)

BTW, I have JP at my house, should I read it?
The three will spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.
Warlock93
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby TyrantTR » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:36 pm

Ys by all means read the book, damn good stuff.

And yes, Rex rules, new dinos do not. D: <
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby CRUSHER IS KING » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:39 pm

Yeah what TTR said, the REX RULES!!!!! especially Crusher. :P
CRUSHER IS KING
Banned

Postby Raptor Llama » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:56 pm

The reason I want change is because I'm not a Rex fan. I always thought they were too popular and a bit overrated. I always thought the rex didn't deserve the title he has had. That's why I always admired the ones bigger and stronger than it.
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby C S » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:31 pm

list is quite small then, unless its the sauropods you love
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrantTR » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:49 pm

Really, I didn't expect you to make that mistake RL, oh wait a minute, actually, I did.

As of yet none of the other dinosaurs have been stronger than the rex, hell it has the largest bite of ANY anima. It could break PLENTY of things stronger than steel as far as I can tell. Giganatosaurus? As much as I have gathered it only rareley had the possibility of growing bigger than the rex, and that was probably (to my knoledge) realted to how some Crocs get bigger than others. Spinosaurus. Guess what I figured out, I'm sure you'll love this really quite facinating. The first skeleton ever revived wasn't anywere near complete, and they guess what? ESTIMATED it's size. Then the skull, you know what they did? ESTIMATED it. From a skull wich could have been big or small compared to the body. Again, ESTIMATED. And I find it funny that when you say you want animals bigger and stronger than rex you still want a Megaraptor even though it was neither.

I still say if they are going to make another movie it better damnwell be novel cannon or It's gunna suck.

Novel cannon meaning, NO new dinosaurs NO rex undermining and NO raptor undermining.

Word.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby C S » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:52 pm

amen brother
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Legendary Elite » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:23 pm

Ok, yes I would love to see the Rex and Raptors (Raptors would return to the JP series anytime, losing them is like killing the heart of the JP series, without them, the whole series is nothing). And maybe bring Spinos back, BUT he should be killed off, either by T-Rex or another predator. You might just say a little payback just for those who were angry at the fate of the Rex. The Rex could definately serve as the dominant predator once more. Giganotosaurus would be another I'd love to see. Maybe not as the super-predator considering it's only larger than T-Rex by a metre or two at least.

I reckon another good one to add is Archaeopteryx. Seeing them around the island would be a nice touch considering they are close resemblance to Dinosaurs and Birds.

As for Raptors, of course bring them back. They don't necessarily have to be necessarily anymore intelligent than they already are but maybe it'd be good to see the Raptors doing different activities such as nurturing their children and hunting after dinosaurs, not always the humans.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby WhiteRaptor » Fri May 02, 2008 5:17 pm

mmmhh...that´s a good question.
I think it would be very cool to see how the T-Rex fights against a Giganotosaurus (like Dino Crisis 2)!!
I´m the legendary white Raptor!!
WhiteRaptor
Worm
Worm

Postby Warlock93 » Fri May 02, 2008 11:48 pm

Ok, I change my mind after reading the book. There IS NO Nublar. I do, however, think the Rex was the GREATEST antagonist of ANY work of fiction EVER. He was everywhere at the wrong times. Absolutely freaking brilliant on Crichton's(sp?) part. I wish the Dlios, hoever were correctly portrayed in the first movie.

Anyways, back on topic. The Rex, definitely. There is at LEAST one more on Sorna, so yeah. The Spino, basically, was GAY. I hated him. The only part I LIKED with Spino was when they realize he ate the phone. That made me go, "whoah." But, definitely, and most importantly, BRING THE REX BACK!
The three will spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.
Warlock93
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby Doc 42 » Sat May 03, 2008 12:11 am

I think the rex the spino killed is supposed to be the junvinille from the Lost world. You know? The one the lawyer dude steals
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Legendary Elite » Sat May 03, 2008 12:24 am

Yeah that's what I heard as well Doc.

I reckon JP4 needs to have the T-Rex wield some vengance on the Spinosaur and do it like a Crusher vs Thrasher battle from ISS (which by the way was awesome!) but minus the raptors helping.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Doc 42 » Sat May 03, 2008 1:04 am

Somehow I cant imagine JP4 includeing a chase through a river in which the rex starts eatting the spinos tail. I hated that fight :P
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby RedRex » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:08 am

The T-rex needs to take back the throne!!
RedRex
Worm
Worm

PreviousNext

Return to General Movies