Annual Webmaster Migration

Things concerning the site.

Annual Webmaster Migration

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:57 pm

Guys, i'd like to ask you for a little favour: take down my e-mail address on a bit of paper, or a text document on your PC. im nearing the finals. that means that im nearing the most important part of the school year. now, i have a little obstacle: if i go down too much in any of the subjects, RPGTopia will be shutdown by my dad. if you happen to try and access the site sometime in the future and get something like "Website not available", e-mail me. either my host is shutting it down for a couple of hours for maintenance, or my dad's shut it down permanently [or until a few weeks into summer, maybe less]. i doubt it'll happen, but it's good to be prepared. that's IF you think this site is important enough to you to warrant that much attention.

Thank you for reading this,

The Kingpin
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby o-eternal-o » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:43 pm

Your dad's really harsh, but i suppose that he has your best interests at heart. I have your email address, and if anything happens, i will email you ^-^
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:47 pm

well, to be honest, he hasn't mentioned that as a plan, but im guessing that's what'll happen, since he usually takes the most important thing to us as punishment when we do bad at school [by us i mean me, my bros, sis...etc.]. he took my lil' bro's bike away when he dropped 2 marks in Arabic, because his life is basically on the street, with his friends. i know why he does it, and i understand. i also think of precautions for it. IE: i have all of RPGT's files saved on my hard-drive, just in case. that includes 2 copies of a backup made 15 minutes and half an hour ago [both different backups, made one after the other], just in case...

of course, chances are 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% that it'll happen [woah, big number :P ], but i like being cautious. makes it harder for people to surprise me [people hate that trait in me. it's practically impossible to surprise me!! :lol: ]
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:57 pm

Dude shouldn't you be studying ? i don't want RPGT to be shut down :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:03 pm

i am. im lucky today because it's maths im studying for, and i had a mock exam a week ago on the exact same content as what's on this exam, and got 32.5 out of 35; one of the best in the entire class, with only 2 guys topping me in a class of 30.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:40 pm

Yes, BEGONE KP! Go study so we can still have RPG Topia!
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:41 pm

bah, your trying to get rid of me so that you can have some wild e-war or party while im away :P

EDIT: *after seeing Random Topic post*: didn't i say it? i knew that was why you wanted me away... :roll:

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:55 pm

.......Maybe....

:D
TyrannoTitan

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:07 am

SHHHHHHHT don't screw the plan TT

j/k :lol: :lol:
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:30 am

wow harsh dad, and yes study study study. And Good luck in your exams.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:41 pm

this is how i seperate the n00bs from the real people,
n00bs don't care about the site so they don't watch these "notes"
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby Legendary Elite » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:37 am

Nah don't feel so bad. It's the same here only that my mum and dad don't live out on the streets. But its for the same reasons. Your dad does not want you ending up like him, as a bum on the street. That is why he expects much from you, its why he has to push you so you can succeed. It's no that he's cruel, he's trying to make sure you don't screw up in life.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Doc 42 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:49 am

I dont recall him saying that his dad was a bum.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Legendary Elite » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:12 pm

I did not mean as in a total bum. But he hangs out on the streets, ya know like goes and gets drunk etc.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Doc 42 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:27 pm

He never said that either, the only refrence to living on the street he made was about his brother, who probobly plays soccar with his freinds on the street or just hangs around. Ya know like people do.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:07 pm

don't say stuff like that legendary,you don't know KP
i know him much better then you
and i'm 100% Kp likes his dad
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby Legendary Elite » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:40 pm

Ok, ease it a bit. Geez, if I said something wrong I'm sorry. It's not my fault that I don't know KP's father, Oh I know, maybe its because I DON'T LIVE THERE!!!! You just condemn me for making a misinterpreted comment.

Sry KP if it offends you, it just sounds like that. I just thought that cause your dad lives on the streets with his mates well, I thought he might've been called a bum otherwise. Sorry if it offends you, it's what we call them here in Australia, I don't know the Americans much.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:56 pm

yow chilly milly if you have serious problems mate calm down
the point is that you don't need to speak about people there family if you don't know them
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby Legendary Elite » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:00 pm

Oh I'm sorry, aren't you the one who is getting angry with me?! I did nothing wrong, you THOUGHT i called you stupid when I did not. Now please calm yourself, don't take your anger out on me when I merely made a simple suggestion. Chill out, in other words cool yourself down for a moment.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Doc 42 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:02 pm

Yo people chillax, make love not war! Last thing we need is people arguing on our fourm right?
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Next

Return to Site Stuff