Annual Webmaster Migration

Things concerning the site.

Postby Legendary Elite » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:09 pm

Heh, you remind me of a few friends of mine Doc every time a fight breaks out. At least no one throws punches at each other.

How about we say we are both sorry Yuke? Make it so much easier.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:26 pm

WOAH! God, you guys are fuckin lucky KPs NOT here. He'd have LE's head on a platter.

I say, that was TOTALLY uncalled for, LE. I don't care if you thought wrong, or didn't read his post right, you should NEVER say things about people's family.

And his dad DOESN'T live on the streets. That was an extremely stupid comment. His dad, and mom, are both wealthy business people. I know, he told me. So that definately blows the hell out of your "idea"

Also, he lives in Kuwait, not America. That realy shows how much you know...
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:05 pm

For your information, Legendary, my dad is the head engineer of the Radar and Radio department at Kuwait Airways, which has become the safest Airline in the world thanks to his way of running things there. he's also the person responsible for cleaning up Kuwait's seas of 194 Shipwrecks after the first Gulf War[the Guinness Book of World Records contacted him, telling him that if anyone tried to beat his record (194 shipwrecks brought up safely in record timing), they'd let him know and would put him in], the founder of the Kuwait Diving Team, and one of the most respected people among the Scientific and Environmental Societies in Kuwait, as well as probably one of the keys behind Kuwait Airways' Radio and Radar workshop yield boost [he recently put in a new system which is doubling if not tripling the output of the workshop]. he's also the one responsible for getting a worldwide shipment of aircraft repair parts returned due to flaws which would've been life threatening to the passengers [meaning possibly millions of deaths thanks to the flaws]. he's nowhere near the kind of person who drinks and hangs out in the street [drinking is illegal by constitution and religion, and even if it wasn't it's basically brain poison in a bottle, and im surprised anyone else drinks it either. and if you want people who play football in the street, go look at the beduins, dont expect it from us.], and, to wrap it up, my family is one of the most respected families in Kuwait, with many achievements to it's name [for example, the first Kuwaiti with a Ph.D in Medicine in history was my dad's uncle, who's still alive and well, thank god, and was one of the people responsible for writing Kuwait's constitution, being one of the most educated people in Kuwait at the time]. so, in short: my family has high expectations, and i have to [and want to] live up to them [and I intend to do that, if not do twice as much as im expected to. im changing my studying technique so that i can do just as good, if not better, taking less time on the last day before the exam].

if Australia has so many careless fathers in it that you'd consider one who does care as a bum, you need to go to a better country, or at least a better area in your country. come to Kuwait, live here for a bit, or go to the states and live there, or the UK. if you are that undereducated on the situation with other countries as far as financial, social and Political situations go, you either A)Need to go to a better school, or B)move to a country with a better educational system. no offense at the other Aussies on this site [though ATM, i really cant remember who else is Australian. i wont make the mistake LE did by stereotyping a whole country as uneducated people like LE. it may just be where he lives in Australia, or maybe just in his house hold, or maybe in that little imaginary world he's living in. which of them is the answer, im not sure]

now, i know it looks like im gloating here, but i want to let you know just what kind of person runs this site. what LE said earlier, considering the fact that i didn't say anything about what he thought [I NEVER said that my dad got drunk, went out in the streets with his friends, or wasted time in anyway (which, BTW is the COMPLETE opposite of my dad)], is seen from my point of view as Prejudice. stereotyping. that is one of the things i hate more than anything else, and just for good measure, consider yourself lucky i can't deliver this info face to face, otherwise it'd be more than just words being given. i take this sort of talk about my family as warranting hospitalization when a person says it to me face to face. i nearly had a guy deported from Kuwait because of the results of a similar situation.

now, for the sake of the forums peaceful atmosphere, i'll let it go, THIS TIME. LE, keep your nose at level with other people's [meaning: dont consider yourself above anyone else, EVER. that was one thing i noted as soon as you came on this site. calling youself a "good RPer", a "pro", and so on, considering your just as good as HF, TT [when he posts], me and a few others, one of them being TTR, if not slightly below that level], and dont go saying things that are unfounded and insulting, then go "CHILL CHILL RELAX RELAX!!!" when people get pissed at how you acted. if i ever see that kind of talk pointed at me or ANY other member on this site again, i'll personally take measures to have the person who says it punished for it. and by punished i mean SEVERELY. it's bad enough for me to put it into one of the major rule infrictions; insulting. go look in the Rules topic on Site Stuff and you'll see what i mean. also, you complain about Yuke giving you a warning. now, i haven't seen the other topics yet, but if it's anywhere near as offending as this, im not surprised he gave you the warning. i'd've done worse. as for Yuke, before giving anyone a warning, please PM me and let me know. i need to see what the terms or things that are the cause of the problem are ,which rules you think they break, and what you intend to do. im checking up on the site twice a day lately. i think you can afford to wait, unless you're even more busy than i am, which, though you might be, i doubt. still, if you are busy, PM me the causes and rules broken, and i'll give him the warning on your behalf. im also going to be free from tomorrow till Friday to watch the site more often, so most of what you say, i'll respond to soon after.

EDIT: LE, you're very lucky all these unregistered rule infrictions happened before anyone could catch you, otherwise, you'd be on strike 3 already, and banned for a week.
Last edited by The Kingpin on Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:07 pm

JESUS! (pardon my american language) And I thought LE was a peaceful person! That's just disgusting, calling KP's dad a bum. It's not only wrong but low. I'm going to ignore the fact that LE ever said any of that.
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Doc 42 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:23 pm

BTW I wasnt trying to sterotype when I suggested playing football on the street, I only said that beacuse I go playing soccar on the street :lol:
Seriosly streets soccar is the best kind of soccar, with a million points for breaking the neighbours window :twisted:
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:46 pm

yeah. my lil bro does it too. it's normal. he hangs out with his friends. personally, i go out with my friends and go bowling [im called Kingpin for a reason]
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:37 pm

Legendary Elite wrote:Heh, you remind me of a few friends of mine Doc every time a fight breaks out. At least no one throws punches at each other.

How about we say we are both sorry Yuke? Make it so much easier.

Sorry? i say sorry?in your dreams mate no reason too
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:25 pm

I have a couple of things to say to you all:

I apologize for my loss of temper earlier, but it was something that had to be put straight. I'll forgive you this time, but let me just say one thing: I made this site for all of us. my parents paid for it so that we could have the pleasure of having our own place to stay on the internet. a place to call our own. this site, is full of good people. it's a place for good people to enjoy themselves, keeping in mind that respecting each and every one of them is paramount. and by good people, i mean people pure of such disgusting traits as prejudice, racism, lying, cheating, disrespect in all other forms, lack of fairness...etc. we all respect eachother. i respect everyone here, and everyone respects me, and such is the case with every member. everyone is welcome to come to this site, however, one thing they must have, is respect for the others. if you want to go and insult people, go look around on the internet. there are millions of sites dedicated to hate-speech and stuff like that. WE raise ourselves above the level of insulting and fighting over the smallest of things. because we respect eachother, and ourselves. on my previous points, let me just say that who your parents are and what they have is meaningless. i dont care about the money or achievements. it's something to be proud of, but not the thing that they are my parent's for. it's not money that gave me this site. it's the love and care my parents have for me, and my love and care for them. that's a parent's real fortune. not money. money cant give you anything if your parents are too cold to love you, or if your not willing to love them. that is the case with many people in the world today. i consider myself lucky to be among the ones who dont suffer from that problem. i love them. they love me, and i do what i can to make sure they never get upset. but my point is: this site is for ALL OF US. and it IS paid for. it's none profit. im not earning anything out of it. just paying. paying to give us a place to enjoy ourselves. a place where we rule, instead of having some bossy guy telling us "well, these are the rules and nobody can change them. what i say goes and if you dont like it i'll ban you" or something like that. here, everyone's opinion matters, and all the rules can be changed if members see fit. this is the site of the members as much as it is the site of the Webmaster. i made this after i had had enough of being pushed around by bossy webmasters and admins who loved themselves and saw all others as dirt. i made this site with the mind of a regular member. and that is still the case. i consider myself equal to each and every one of you. none of us are better than anyone else. we are equal, regardless of rank. im the webmaster, sure, but that doesn't mean im more important that, for example, the new member who just showed up. for all i know s/he may end up being more vital to the site than i am. rank is meaningless. everything is meaningless. we're all equal here, and it's up to us to make sure it stays that way.

the purpose of this topic was to point out that, although i like being here and like to hang around with you guys, i have priorities, which, if not followed properly, have consequences. it's not just that my parents would be upset if i dropped in one of the subjects. i'd be upset as well. so much so that i wouldn't allow myself to visit the sit until im sure i have returned every mark i've lost, and gained at least the same as what i had lost on top of it. so, when exams come up, dont expect me to respond like i would when i dont have exams. i may go silent for 2-3 weeks on end, if the exams require it. i need to advance in my life. i need to make something of myself. to build the base of what will one day form my future. that is something i can't afford to be foolish and wreckless in, and it's something i will put in as much time as nessecary to ensure the safety of.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:28 pm

Amen brother. I think we all no what he is talking about. The internet is completely cloged ith idiots and prejudice ******* (danm censor) :P
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:34 pm

-nods to Doc 42- Anyone who considers themselves above others just because of their race (for example, I'm American. That doesn't mean I hate all of Iraq for religion and what their leader did) is lower than trash.
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Legendary Elite » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:48 am

Ok, I have read through what KP here said, EVERY last word. And so I hereby apologize and take back anything offensive and rude I said about KP and his family, I had no idea at the time. I am very sorry KP.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:12 am

I'm not one to hold grudges. everyone makes mistakes. the ones who apoligize are the ones who deserve forgiveness. your forgiven, but please, dont rush into things too much. responses can be painful. it's happened to me once or twice as well. :)

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Legendary Elite » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:21 pm

Thank you KP. That's a lesson learned for next time for me. It happens to even the boldest of us sometimes. No one's perfect. That's just life.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:59 pm

life's about learning. if you dont learn, you dont live. it's as simple as that.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Legendary Elite » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:28 am

Well said there. Well said.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby The Kingpin » Fri May 25, 2007 8:27 pm

The time has come. The finals are here. starting Sunday, my Exams will begin. Starting today, i leave the site. until the 11th. the 12th. maybe until the 20th. im not sure of when i'll be back. it all depends on how well i do at school. those of you waiting for a reply in an RPG, either edit your way out of the situation, or wait until i return. i wish i could stay here and post, but i have exams to finish...

I Might be able to come online and check, maybe post in an RPG, if im lucky and have time. but i doubt it. one thing's for sure, i wont be back completely until the 11th, earliest. it might have a few days added to it if i dont get very good marks, but im hoping i'll be back soon. until then, Goodbye everyone...

The Kingpin

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Fri May 25, 2007 10:32 pm

See ya later man, good luck. By the time your back I will be gone for a while............
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Fri May 25, 2007 10:39 pm

Bye Kingpin..for now... :(
I'm sure we'll all miss you
"I attack you: You did something wrong. You attack me: ...You did something wrong."
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

a little note...

Postby Iceking » Fri May 25, 2007 10:41 pm

i got my stupid sols finished and i finally finished a project for social studies. come back as early as you can,kp. those of us who are coming on will keep the site active.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Fri May 25, 2007 11:05 pm

im gonna miss you guys as well. being on this site, RPing, arguing [E-Wars...etc] or just plain simple chatting is my greatest pleasure. wait until after i get back. chances are, i'll be here as no matter when you come on...20 hours a day from June the 11th until September the 18th...

Anyway, my deadline's arrived. Bye guys. i'll be back as soon as i can. enjoy the RPGs while im gone. try and use it to disconnect from my characters completely. i'll be back soon...i hope. if i do decide to renew the membership with the host [VERY LIKELY], it'll be a 2 year membership next time. this year was a trial. next year, it gets serious. now, until the 11th or later, Goodbye

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Site Stuff